Why do OF fans post on Pie and Bovril?

I don't ask this in a "we don't want you so please go away?" way. OF fans are subject to far more scrutiny than other fans on here (rightly or wrongly), your match threads are flooded with hundreds of GIRUY messages when it doesn't go right and most new OF posters are approached with a judgement reserved for nobody else.

I understand posters have different personas on here and some enjoy the "me against the world" way, however I imagine I'd get tired if myself as a poster and my team were subject to that noted above. So that brings me to the above question for the Rangers and Celtic minded posters, what makes you want to post on this forum and not a forum more OF orientated?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day everyone stops commenting on Rangers will be the day they're considered a mediocre club with no realistic chance of competing for trophies. Point being, if your club is successful you're going to have to put up with a lot of shit. Just ignore and enjoy the trophies. :)

It can be annoying, but only if you allow it to be. Just let Rangers (or Celtic) do the talking.

In regards to posting on here as opposed to a Rangers only forum, I go between here and Rangersmedia depending on what I want to talk about. If I want to discuss matches, teams etc then I'll most likely do it on here, but if I wan't to discuss board matters or just generally rant about something then I'll go on Rangersmedia away from opposing fans on here.

The day everyone stops commenting on Rangers will be the day they're considered a mediocre club with no realistic chance of competing for trophies. Point being, if your club is successful you're going to have to put up with a lot of shit. Just ignore and enjoy the trophies. :)

It can be annoying, but only if you allow it to be. Just let Rangers (or Celtic) do the talking.

In regards to posting on here as opposed to a Rangers only forum, I go between here and Rangersmedia depending on what I want to talk about. If I want to discuss matches, teams etc then I'll most likely do it on here, but if I wan't to discuss board matters or just generally rant about something then I'll go on Rangersmedia away from opposing fans on here.

So you do :lol:

I cant see the appeal of any single club forums. All clubs think they are hard done by by the refs and authorities so forums will just attract the loudest nuggets in your support whining about how hard done by you are. On a mixed forum people tend to dial back on the worst of those tendencies.

As for the usual "yer deed" type patter, you quickly recognise the worst offenders and just zone it out.

You seriously post on RM?

That is surely a place reserved only for the most bigoted morons - either real Rangers ones or Timposters?

Which are you?

I don't ask this in a "we don't want you so please go away?" way. OF fans are subject to far more scrutiny than other fans on here (rightly or wrongly), your match threads are flooded with hundreds of GIRUY messages when it doesn't go right and most new OF posters are approached with a judgement reserved for nobody else.

I understand posters have different personas on here and some enjoy the "me against the world" way, however I imagine I'd get tired if myself as a poster and my team were subject to that noted above. So that brings me to the above question for the Rangers and Celtic minded posters, what makes you want to post on this forum and not a forum more OF orientated?

If someone judges me purely becuase of the club I support then they're a bigot who needs to think his choice of team makes him superior to massage his ego.

This only ever happens to people who haven't achieved anything worthwhile in life. Otherwise they wouldn't have any need to take pride in something so arbitrary.

This applies to bigots of all kinds. Why would you be bothered much by what someone that pitiful might say?

P&B is a bit of fun and light relief from the daily grind and I treat as such. It's the only football forum I post on and I really don't care too much what a bunch of strangers on the internet (whom I'll likely never meet any way) actually think of me.

Family & friends in the real world is where it's at.

If someone judges me purely becuase of the club I support then they're a bigot who needs to think his choice of team makes him superior to massage his ego.

This only ever happens to people who haven't achieved anything worthwhile in life. Otherwise they wouldn't have any need to take pride in something so arbitrary.

This applies to bigots of all kinds. Why would you be bothered much by what someone that pitiful might say?

What's the threshold for "achieving anything worthwhile in life"?

Does it require Nobel prizes, or do more prosaic things count?

I'm just interested to see if I qualify.

You seriously post on RM?That is surely a place reserved only for the most bigoted morons - either real Rangers ones or Timposters?Which are you?

What's your user name on the Rangers Media forum just out of interest MT, and do you use the same for your Follow Follow account?

What a crawling OP, and it could only be one of that fucking mob who'd come up with it.The only superiority complex i get from that is exactly the case MC tries to disguise....elevating the perceived nature of what he believes OF supporters to be, no doubt to massage his own stauner because he isnt one of them and feels so smug about it. Plenty of Rangers and Celtic fans are arseholes. So whit??? We've got a few at Clyde too, every club has. Most of them, more than likely the ones you actually talk to are awright. Not at Firhill though, they're complete mutants. Nearly panto season, MrRat.

What a crawling OP, and it could only be one of that fucking mob who'd come up with it.The only superiority complex i get from that is exactly the case MC tries to disguise....elevating the perceived nature of what he believes OF supporters to be, no doubt to massage his own stauner because he isnt one of them and feels so smug about it. Plenty of Rangers and Celtic fans are arseholes. So whit??? We've got a few at Clyde too, every club has. Most of them, more than likely the ones you actually talk to are awright. Not at Firhill though, they're complete mutants. Nearly panto season, MrRat.

Can you re write that with your fingers instead of pushing your head against the keyboard? Genuinely difficult to decipher your seething mess of a post.

What's the threshold for "achieving anything worthwhile in life"? Does it require Nobel prizes, or do more prosaic things count? I'm just interested to see if I qualify.

Obviously you set your own threshold.

Ask yourself whether you have anything more worthwhile to be proud of than having chosen a certain football team.

Everyones ego likes to think they are better than others in some ways, even if it isn't true. If the best thing you can think of to make you superior to someone else is a choice of football team then you are clearly lacking in things that are actually worth being proud of.

Obviously you set your own threshold.

Ask yourself whether you have anything more worthwhile to be proud of than having chosen a certain football team.

Everyones ego likes to think they are better than others in some ways, even if it isn't true. If the best thing you can think of to make you superior to someone else is a choice of football team then you are clearly lacking in things that are actually worth being proud of.

Makes it harder to make a judgement though if deep down you're not really sure who you support. Your head might say it's a good thing to support your local club, Queen of the South for example, but your heart really yearns for the Gers !!:D

I fucking hate rangers

Archived