The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

I hear wind and rather shaky office windows. :unsure:

Big thunder & lightening hitting the north west. And still pissing it down :(

Have a 'cool story bro':

I was up in a pub in Assynt a few years back (on caving business) and big thunder / lightning combined with pissing rain suddenly came on after we'd just got off the hill, to the level that somebody else jokingly said "hope there's nobody up there, eh?!". Meanwhile, up there, some other caver guy's carrying half an old exercise bike up the hill to a dig site in the middle of a massive bog with no other bits of metal around over a mile. I'll let you guess how that story finishes.

The bike was fine and proved very useful btw:

post-13234-0-75637900-1449684327_thumb.p

Edited by Hedgecutter

:lol:

I'm about 3 miles from where you would've been staying ..

Pub at the Inchnadamph or the Alt(nacealgach)?

We have a cottage in Elphin to be pedantic.

Eta: you're squatting in one of the caves, hence the dole claim issues, aren't you.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Nah, it was the cottage to which I was referring. I'm sure I told you I stayed in b&b there over a bad winter, about 200 yards from the cottage.

The alt's changed hands again btw, prices up once more . But they've shut the copshop in Lochinver, so , win win.

Nah, it was the cottage to which I was referring. I'm sure I told you I stayed in b&b there over a bad winter, about 200 yards from the cottage.

The alt's changed hands again btw, prices up once more . But they've shut the copshop in Lochinver, so , win win.

Not for the better either. We quickly drank them out of beer on our last visit despite us giving them plenty of prior warning.

Will be up there this weekend, probably not in the Alt.