The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

• 2 weeks later...

Looks to be incredibly heavy rain on its way with a red, amber and yellow warnings issued for pretty much all of Scotland, 250mm of rain expected in less than 24 hours is ridiculous.

It includes a combo or Amber for wind and red for rain so let your Wheely bins fill up with rain water to stop them flying away. 

35 minutes ago, 101 said:

Looks to be incredibly heavy rain on its way with a red, amber and yellow warnings issued for pretty much all of Scotland, 250mm of rain expected in less than 24 hours is ridiculous.

It includes a combo or Amber for wind and red for rain so let your Wheely bins fill up with rain water to stop them flying away. 

Better get the washing in.

Having just weathered (pun intended) the storm in south Cork, I'd have thought the bloody thing would be rained out by time it reaches you. 

Loads of localised flooding here, autumn leaves in the drainage system has not helped matters nor has high tide in Cork city with the Lee flooding and quays flooded. 

31 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Pal’s away to Spain on holiday this morning, sent me obligatory picture of the 6am airport drinks.

My envy is suitably tempered by giggling at what I imagine the takeoff and first half of the flight is going to be like. I’ll report back later. 

spin plane GIF

9 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

See these stay at home warnings that we seem to get on a regular basis these days, does the Met Office think all our employers are soft in the head, or do they think everyone works for a local council?

Talking to the window cleaner a couple of days ago. He was due to do someone's house last Saturday when the rain was torrential. He didn't go, and when he contacted the woman to let her know she apparently gave him a mouthful of abuse. 

Thats the heavy rain starting now......66mph winds predicted for this afternoon - although noticed earlier that the wind speeds are around 70mph all afternoon around Peterhead. 

Was speaking to a guy through work and he was saying that even Aberdeen Bay was expected to experience significant wave heihts of 8-10m.....he had never seen double digits before.....that would be quite frightening

Sending this now as fully expect to lose power later today (storm Arwen was a 5 day fix) and earlier this year I was without power for a whole weekend.