The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Storm Debi Diamond hasn't come to much. 

But of rain this morning but that's all. 

You know they are named for Europe? So although it's tail end wandered through Scotland and England it's focus was Ireland and looked pretty bad.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

You know they are named for Europe? So although it's tail end wandered through Scotland and England it's focus was Ireland and looked pretty bad.

Brexit protected us, thanks Nigel Farage. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Venti said:

Could have windsurfed up the Clyde today.

Hot dayum.

Noticed Erskine bridge was closed to high sided. Thought wind was worse than some of the weather warning issue days.

7 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Noticed Erskine bridge was closed to high sided. Thought wind was worse than some of the weather warning issue days.

Reminded me of that thing we used to do as weans.

Pulling our coats above our heads as a wind sail.

7 hours ago, RH33 said:

Also noticed as I drove from city centre to G82 was that the only sign advising this was the last one before the Erskine Bridge junction.

Why not advise earlier, so that drivers could find an alt route? Rather than getting a mile short of the bridge THEN finding out you couldn't cross it.

If I was affected like that, I'd be total Heads Gone.

20 hours ago, RH33 said:

Two of my bins went over and the food recycling bucket had a holiday too the other side of the garden. Disgraceful that this was all caused by the storm with no name.

On 24/11/2023 at 14:05, HibeeJibee said:

Chief constable sorry for 120-mile lift home in police car - BBC News

So while plod were closing roads, telling all to stay in, not travel, struggling with demand etc... chief constable (who lives in England!) was getting chauffeured 120miles home as train cancelled.

hypocrisy-meter.gif

we all know its one rule for us plebs and another for our lords and masters.fucker should resign but she'll brazen it out,these c***s always do