The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Just had some ridiculously loud thunder in Paisley followed by a heavy downpour. This better be past for the dog walk that's due about now.

I was half expecting one of my neighbours cars to have blown up.

Thankfully the windows in my hoose never caved in so I knew all was well with the world.

Saying that I believe there is a bigot festival taking place this weekend so I anticipate that someone’s car will be on 🔥 at some stage in the proceedings. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/01/2024 at 07:29, FlyerTon said:

North West of Ireland has had a red warning from Met Eireann issued

Stav on BBC news saying they are concerned guests in SW Scotland could reach 100mph later tonight. That's wild.

Typically BBC have sent some flunky out to the promenade in Blackpool to tell us there us an amber "danger to life" warning. In other words doing exactly what we are being warned not to do. Never fails same every storm.

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I wish all of these named storms would f**k off back where they came from.

This one supposedly came from America. Since round about October it seems like we've been unable to go for a week without some kind of weather warning. Really is utterly depressing 

33 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Stav on BBC news saying they are concerned guests in SW Scotland could reach 100mph later tonight. That's wild.

Typically BBC have sent some flunky out to the promenade in Blackpool to tell us there us an amber "danger to life" warning. In other words doing exactly what we are being warned not to do. Never fails same every storm.

Is there a rally on in D&G?

We have some massive (100 years or so) trees behind us - when we first moved in about 20 years ago a huge bough fell off in a storm and destroyed a section of wall - which I rebuilt.

Theres a couple of massive branches that jut out over our neighbours conservatory................wouldnt be sitting in there tonight tbqhwy.

1 minute ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Just as well my broadband and satellite dish were installed yesterday morning.

I imagine the open reach and sky gadgies won't be working over the next few days? 

More likely to be fixing stuff than installing stuff.  

Only train staff get time off for bad weather it appears.