The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

I was hit by a wheelie bin about 11 last night on my way to Bothwell. Genuinely thought it was a deer, saw something in the corner of my eye bounce twice then just rattle the bonnet of the van. Pulled over to fi d that it was the yellow wheelie bind you see at the side of motorways. 

A massive branch about 7ft on my way back to Dundee then another call out in Aberdeen seen me avoiding all matter of fallen branches and trees. Got home at nearly 4am. Not going in today. They can sook ma plooms.

29 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I was hit by a wheelie bin about 11 last night on my way to Bothwell. Genuinely thought it was a deer, 

It's an easy mistake to make. Four legs can look like two wee wheels in a certain light.

6 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

Reported that the around 250 year old 'Dark Hedges' in County Antrim internationally famous from appearing in Game Of Thrones are among the casualties

Blown back to Westeros.

4 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Nae trains after 7pm the morra and none on Wednesday morning either. 

You would have thought since the Tay Rail Bridge disaster happened in 1879, that the train/network  operators might have developed a few better solutions than canning every train running when it gets a little breezy.

Edited by superbigal

If network rail can't opporate the rail infrastructure safely during yellow warnings then they need they heads wobbled. Otherwise we are going to be in shut down every winter for weeks on end.

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

If network rail can't opporate the rail infrastructure safely during yellow warnings then they need they heads wobbled. Otherwise we are going to be in shut down every winter for weeks on end.

Good, reduces the need to go into the office.

9 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Well duh, how else could you differentiate between cooncil deer and private deer?

I wish I knew this years ago. Spent far too much on deer cooncil in my younger days.

Hud on, In getting mixed up now.

The yellow warning covers all of Scotland it’s the Amber that’s the NW.

This happened only last month in a yellow area. As an employer the rail companies have to consider its staff health and safety.

IMG_0009.jpeg