Montrose vs Arbroath

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just full of amusement.....the ball moving about 5 yards as Crawford was running up to kick it....the Montrose left back who is already pointing to the right hand side to instruct the keeper where to throw it upon catching it... the female steward behind the goal who appears to cover her face in horror as the ball bounces over the line...... DC's ridiculous celebration.....:)

I genuinely feel a bit sorry for poor Lucas Birnstingl, life can't be being too kind to him currently if he's just upped and left the country with such haste, hopefully Canadian football works out a bit better for him!

http://youtu.be/aF9Ji3JKCoo

Crawfords goal is uploaded, waiting on the full highlights now

Looking at the video would appear to show that it was a direct free kick.

The referee is in view as the ball soars over him, and he's not got his arm raised to signal that the kick was indirect (as some suggested earlier in the thread)

Looks like the excess bounce off the plastic pitch was at least partially responsible exaggerating the keeper's slight misjudgement. Still some improvements needed in the technology

As someone mentioned on the ArbroathMAD site, we recall our conceding a poor goal from an excessive bounce when tanked by Montrose at the New Year derby a few years back

Looks like the excess bounce off the plastic pitch was at least partially responsible exaggerating the keeper's slight misjudgement. Still some improvements needed in the technology

As someone mentioned on the ArbroathMAD site, we recall our conceding a poor goal from an excessive bounce when tanked by Montrose at the New Year derby a few years back

Said that on here too, was it no Alan Campbell that scored too?

It was Ross Gardiner who scored that :( I wish Craig Whyte had left the country post match after that performance <_< <_<

Just read the match thread, makes it even more pleasing that we've been pumping and dishing out the hidings to Montrose for years now, even though we got beat 5-0 by them that season did we not go up in the play offs getting the last laugh?

Just read the match thread, makes it even more pleasing that we've been pumping and dishing out the hidings to Montrose for years now, even though we got beat 5-0 by them that season did we not go up in the play offs getting the last laugh?

Off the top of my head - I believe since the Tommy Campbell season where we finished bottom (1996-1997?) we have finished above Montrose every season apart from once - that season when we finished 4th and they got 3rd..... but as you say we got the last laugh going up in the play offs when they didn't :lol:

I wish Montrose were in a better state off the park and in a position where they could properly challenge for the 2nd division/ if they got up make a go of it there for a few years but things look very bleak for them currently, as they have done for a number of years.

Mo fans - as far as I'm aware you have no assets aside from the players/ management..... do you still carry a largish debt also?

Off the top of my head - I believe since the Tommy Campbell season where we finished bottom (1996-1997?) we have finished above Montrose every season apart from once - that season when we finished 4th and they got 3rd..... but as you say we got the last laugh going up in the play offs when they didn't :lol:

I wish Montrose were in a better state off the park and in a position where they could properly challenge for the 2nd division/ if they got up make a go of it there for a few years but things look very bleak for them currently, as they have done for a number of years.

Mo fans - as far as I'm aware you have no assets aside from the players/ management..... do you still carry a largish debt also?

Interesting describing the players and management as 'assets', that's a very optimistic view.

Brechin City have achieved this feat as well along with numerous other clubs as have most of the current Premier League - your point caller!!!

your sympathy to our current plight is very touching - now f**k off.

who honestly gives a monkeys - why the interest in another clubs private business.

Archived