Montrose vs Arbroath

Arbroath must be wishing they played Montrose every week.

A couple of dodgy decisions from the ref, but no complaints about the red card.

Arbroath were deserving winners even without Div Crawford's free kick when the ball was moving. They should have been four up at the break.

My report is here: http://groaninjock.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/season-20132014-match-3-montrose-1.html

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monty-Header-100.jpg

Was on the Montrose official website looking to see whether they were likely to post highlights of today's match, and couldn't help noticing the cartoon character above.

Is he related to this chap, perchance?

pedobear_looking-183x300.jpg

Anyway, serious question - are Montrose doing highlights this year? If so, when are they normally up?

So...Davie Crawford scoring...how did that happen? Goal kick or something?

Wind-assisted free kick from 10 yards outside his box.Bounced once, straight through Birnstingl's hands.

The ball was moving with the wind when he took the kick though. Montrose bench went mental.

So...Davie Crawford scoring...how did that happen? Goal kick or something?

Groaning jock lies, the ball did slightly roll but nothing serious, he looked up, saw Birmstigligbsuibd or whatever his name is off his line and lobbed him from the edge of his own box, ball never even bounced and nearly went in off the underside of the bar ;)

Photographs from the game today - https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/sets/72157648957751142/

The ball was rolling every so slightly but the referee told him to play on. Do Montrose have a keeper for next week? I think McKenzie is facing a two match ban and now Lucas Birstingl will be out.

The vocal support was excellent today, but there is never any need to run onto the pitch. It gives the club a bad name and probably a hefty fine which in these financial times is not what we need.

Carierro with another goal? Very good loan spell it seems. How was he today? Rumours here are that he may have a part to play with us for rest of season

He's a very good wee footballer, but as I've said I don't think he's ready for the Prem yet he's a wee bitty lightweight still, a season at us or a team in a higher league second half of season would be best for him I reckon and then even a 6 month loan at a Championship team next season maybe if you have ambitions for him long term. A break in the 1st team at dens could be great for him or terrible if it comes to soon for him and he ends up left out in the cold.

Absolutely strolling the games at this level at times but still needs to keep it up for the 90 sometimes drifts in and out. Very happy to have him and he seems very happy to be here especially pally with Linn and Murray it seems.

See shields is a seething mess in today's paper, yes the ball was moving but the referee (who was good throughout IMO) used his common sense to allow Crawford to take the free kick, no one expected it to go in, and birnistigl should've saved it probably.

I was surprised at myself yesterday. Been going to Links Park for over 40 years but couldnt bring myself to attend yesterday as the result was too predictable.

Arbroath have a bigger population but Brechin and Forfar are comparable, likewise in terms of home attendance, so I ask why Montrose have been languishing as the worst team in Angus for what seems like decades.

I suppose in some ways the answer is quite obvious. In more recent times we have been appointing managers that were part of the previous problem and board members that are more interested in self agrandisement and publicity for their companies than the welfare of the team on the park or the supporters.

I found myself almost wishing we just called it a day as a sporting organisation as we are an embarrassment to history.

Montrose FC brings more distress than joy to the few that are interested in them and any business that does that deserves to fold.

See shields is a seething mess in today's paper, yes the ball was moving but the referee (who was good throughout IMO) used his common sense to allow Crawford to take the free kick, no one expected it to go in, and birnistigl should've saved it probably.

Boys a fud, played them 4 times this season, score is currently 13-5 and he somehow thinks that we've fluked every game.

Extra 350 there from the game a few weeks ago on the same day as the Scotland game, not quite 'hordes' as Ecto said but still a lot of people. Yes not everyone of them would've been at the Scotland game but I bet a very good percentage of that were.

Extra 350 there from the game a few weeks ago on the same day as the Scotland game, not quite 'hordes' as Ecto said but still a lot of people. Yes not everyone of them would've been at the Scotland game but I bet a very good percentage of that were.

I will concede some must have been at the Scotland game :P

Thought it was a pretty close game for the 1st hour with the main difference montrose being less clinical than arbroath. Was it 2-1 when i think deasley squandered a 1 on 1? After that it was generally a very enjoyable game for lichties and a big shout out to the very vocal support! Superb!

Ps. find it amusing some people r blaming crawfords goal on a moving ball and not ur shit keeper

Archived