Sky Sports abuse of Balotelli

Mr Romanov

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually almost prefer the way that the people who get wound up by Balotelli here in Italy are foaming at the mouth racists, at least that way they get ignored and that's it over and done with.

The English media is an absolute disgrace though, they know people will buy their papers and click on their website if it gives them something to get annoyed at because that's just the British way, and seeing as the vast majority of people are morons they fall for it and then try to pass it off as their own opinion. The body language stuff is particularly pathetic.

And anyone who says they would be furious if one of their team's players swapped shirts at half time is a complete fanny. They're the kind of person that also believes the 'special bond between the shirt and the fans and players of this club' nonsense.

I thought he was better last night than he has been all season. Who in f**k cares about shirt swapping

Agreed on the latter - total non issue.

but the fact that abject display is seen as an improvement sums up his contribution to Liverpool this season. I actually thought his only decent game was the Spurs away one. Which not coincidentally was the only one he played with Sturridge.

Balotelli isn't great - but he can still perform a role for this side if a much better player like Sturridge is there to score the goals.

I genuinely feel sorry for him because even if he does work his socks off in a game,

Well, this is bollocks.

The only game he actually put in a shift this season is the Everton home game. He was rancid of course, but he did the donkey work and was praised for doing so. He was even given a very good reception when he left the pitch, because the fans recognised he'd made a contribution.

OK, putting in a shift isn't a great asset for a player being paid what he is, but at least it's something.

I'd have to agree with Joey Barton when he said that Balotelli was "the biggest myth in world football".

I don't see Balotelli's quality as a player at all. People go on about the time he scored 20 goals in a season at Man City but 9 or 10 of them were penalties.

He's a liability and brings bad press to any football club he's at.

I must have missed Joey Barton scoring twice in a European Championship semi final. Good god.

And we should definitely half his goal tally because 9 of them were penalties (apparently) and that's means it's not a goal.

Balotelli isn't great - but he can still perform a role for this side if a much better player like Sturridge is there to score the goals.

If Sturridge is a much better player why has he had a much worse career in the same space of time?

You were asked this before and ran a mile, I expect the same this time.

I must have missed Joey Barton scoring twice in a European Championship semi final. Good god.

And we should definitely half his goal tally because 9 of them were penalties (apparently) and that's means it's not a goal.

I got to ask. What has that got to do with the quality of a player - or someone's right to comment on such thing?

Has someone done the economics of this half time shirt swapping?

Must be costing the clubs £££££££££££££££s each year, all payed for BY THE FANS.

© DailyMailReaders.com

According to Luther Blisset on the radio last night he'd have been changing his shirt for a dry one at half-time anyway. I take it it was raining because it certainly wouldn't have been sweat soaked.

I got to ask. What has that got to do with the quality of a player - or someone's right to comment on such thing?

Er, what?

Barton is calling him a myth, as if he's an imposter and not a football player at all. Except he is, and he's demonstrably much better than Barton has ever been.

It's a stupid comment to make, from someone with a long and distinguished history of making a stupid comments (and being a violent thug).

If Sturridge is a much better player why has he had a much worse career in the same space of time?

lolwut?

What has the past got to do with anything? At this point in time Daniel Sturridge is a much better player than Balotelli.

Very specifically, are you claiming this isn't the case?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207977/Alan-Smith-interview--MK-Dons-veteran.html?openGraphAuthor=%2Fhome%2Fsearch.html%3Fs%3D%26authornamef%3DMatt%2BBarlow

This bit here ...

'In the spirit of truth and justice that has enveloped Liverpool and Manchester United in recent days, Alan Smith insists no-one rocked his ambulance at Anfield as it tried to take him to hospital in 2006.

'Everyone at Liverpool did as much for me as any club possibly could,' said Smith. 'I was disappointed the story blew up about rocking an ambulance. That was never the case. Liverpool and Man United did everything to get me to the hospital and everything in their power to make sure I was OK.

'I thank them for that. Sometimes it's nice to say that because people have read that they were rocking my ambulance and throwing stuff at it, which is so untrue.'

lolwut?

What has the past got to do with anything? At this point in time Daniel Sturridge is a much better player than Balotelli.

Very specifically, are you claiming this isn't the case?

Given Sturridge is injured just now and isn't playing it would be a completely meaningless comparison. Balotelli is just starting his career at Liverpool, I'm sure in time he will show himself to be a vastly superior player to Sturridge (as he has done in the previous 6 years).

Will Sturridge ever match Balotellis accomplishments? Given he plays for no marks like Liverpool and England I think the answer will be an emphatic "no".

I hope he scores a gentleman's hat trick tomorrow and then defecates in front of the cop and wipes his arse with his shirt then hands it to Brenton Rogers and sails down the touch line and jumps into his Ferrari and rides off into the sunset never to be seen again

I don't remember that either to be quite honest (and I'd readily admit it if I did), but if you can find a quote of me saying it then fair enough.

For what it's worth, I still think there's a quality player there waiting to get out, but don't think he'll develop at Liverpool. Arsenal's system would have suited him well, with the added bonus of having a proven talent developer who wouldn't try and scapegoat him after less than 2 months at a new club.

It's interesting you mention Gazza. He's seen as some sort of cheeky chappy working class hero.

Imagine Balotelli battered his burd or was constantly spotted wrecked. He'd be chased out of the country.

In reality, I can't think of a single thing he has done 'wrong' in his career, yet you'd think he's the devil the way the likes of Souness foam at the mouth. The media is a powerful thing.

I don't read newspapers or watch the news (unless it is to do with a scotland game). I don't poison my mind with the corporate controlled media.

I am basing my opinions on having watched him myself. Gazza was a good guy at heart and lost the plot a few times as some human beings can do. I still think he was a great character and a genuinely hilarious guy unlike balotelli who everyone is making out to be the coolest, greatest man that has ever lived. They try to portray him as some cool, bad ass chuck norris of football type guy when he is about as funny as a burning orphanage

He is certainly no Mohammed Ali or Paul Gascoigne.

I don't remember that either to be quite honest (and I'd readily admit it if I did), but if you can find a quote of me saying it then fair enough.

For what it's worth, I still think there's a quality player there waiting to get out, but don't think he'll develop at Liverpool. Arsenal's system would have suited him well, with the added bonus of having a proven talent developer who wouldn't try and scapegoat him after less than 2 months at a new club.

The last thing Balotelli would need is a pandering, sympathetic manager who'd defend every single action of his blindly.

I don't think managers or team mates have much effect on him, he is what he is and its reaching the stage where its getting too late to change that. He's 24 now, and the next two years will define the rest of his career, if he continues down his current path then he'll retire with money and trophies and be happy enough. If he realises the opportunity in front of him he could fulfill his early potential, and become undroppable at an elite club while winning the biggest trophies possible.

Problem is I don't think he really cares. He knows he's good enough to earn shitloads and knows he can half arse it and perform well enough to stay at a high level so why should he bother trying any harder when he can relax and enjoy himself instead?

Archived