Clyde FC -- Debt Free

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a hard 10 years with a few shining moments, but the latter 7 years of that period has been difficult...

John Brown's term as Manager

2 Relegations

Watching a whole squad being asked to tear up their contracts or the club go into Administration

Getting pumped off the likes of Montrose

Seeing our home support go from a solid 900+ to hardly scraping 500 despite much cheaper season tickets

The constant shaggings from Queens Park

Even simple things, I used to go home raging if we lost, it ruined my Saturday evening. Now? I walk out 5, 10 mins early if I can't be arsed anymore and I forget all about it as soon as I left the car park.

We have our problems ahead for sure, but this major burden is finally off our shoulders! And I would like to thank the board and the Clyde fans for getting behind the club. Also, with so many Clyde fans disappearing over the years, and we can't suggest it is our ageing support, I know plenty of lads my age and younger who have fucked off, stopped buying Season Tickets, and just generally don't bother their arses going anymore.

Lastly, David Dishon deserved huge praise! The work he has done behind the scenes has been incredible in getting the club to this stage. He took on a mess from a certain accountant who happens to be a partner in a well known Glasgow Accountancy Firm, accounts hadn't been done in 6 months, and he found out that the Rent had not been paid in a long time!! David put together a strategy and a timescale. He has got it spot on! Added to the help of supporters and benefactors, it's been one amazing success!

Onwards and upwards and f**k them all! Rangers FC, take note ya p***ks!

Nice to see this old club take another step forward.

However interesting you take time out to criticise publicly a professional who if he is a partner in a city accounting firm will have a busy, stressful day job, and who must have given much of his time free & for no thanks.

Easy it is to criticise those who step forward in terms of crisis, being brave enough to do so, putting their name and credibility on the line.

What have you done over the past ten years other than stick a few coins in a bucket, which is very easy? Interested to know why you feel able and justified at pointing the finger at this gentleman/lady for their efforts?

Or are you just a terracing loudmouth who knows all the answers?

Some sort of celebration at the next home game would have been good i.e. something to get the old faithful back in attendance . £1 entry to see the clyde. who knows we might see a few hundred extra coming to the game and after all our fans deserve something back for all the perseverance and pain we've suffered in the past few years. Just an idea ...

Nice to see this old club take another step forward.

However interesting you take time out to criticise publicly a professional who if he is a partner in a city accounting firm will have a busy, stressful day job, and who must have given much of his time free & for no thanks.

Easy it is to criticise those who step forward in terms of crisis, being brave enough to do so, putting their name and credibility on the line.

What have you done over the past ten years other than stick a few coins in a bucket, which is very easy? Interested to know why you feel able and justified at pointing the finger at this gentleman/lady for their efforts?

Or are you just a terracing loudmouth who knows all the answers?

I'm sure Gunther is more than able to defend himself and no doubt will at some point in a much more colourful and direct way than I will. :rolleyes:

My interpretation was that his aim was more to praise DD than to criticise his predecessor and I can understand why he did so.

It matters not whether the help/service was being done for nothing or for a fee, the fact, allegedly, is that the job was not being done well and there was a bit of a mess to sort out.

The Club was also badly advised, IMO, by professionals at the time, over the Roberts fiasco which cost the Club a lot of money. Because that advice may or may not have been given free or at a reduced rate are we not supposed to criticise it?

I'm sorry, we are all entitled to voice our opinions, and these are exactly what they are - opinions!

Anyway, history is history, the nightmares are hopefully behind us, time to re-group and move on.

The individual singled out here didnt step forward during a crisis. He was one of the incumbents that caused it to happen in the first place and resigned shortly before he was un-elected from the board at a following AGM.

The guy that took up the reigns afterwards deserves all the plaudits for picking a path and sticking rigidly to it.

Some sort of celebration at the next home game would have been good i.e. something to get the old faithful back in attendance . £1 entry to see the clyde. who knows we might see a few hundred extra coming to the game and after all our fans deserve something back for all the perseverance and pain we've suffered in the past few years. Just an idea ...

Agreed

I'm sure Gunther is more than able to defend himself and no doubt will at some point in a much more colourful and direct way than I will. :rolleyes:

My interpretation was that his aim was more to praise DD than to criticise his predecessor and I can understand why he did so.

It matters not whether the help/service was being done for nothing or for a fee, the fact, allegedly, is that the job was not being done well and there was a bit of a mess to sort out.

The Club was also badly advised, IMO, by professionals at the time, over the Roberts fiasco which cost the Club a lot of money. Because that advice may or may not have been given free or at a reduced rate are we not supposed to criticise it?

I'm sorry, we are all entitled to voice our opinions, and these are exactly what they are - opinions!

Anyway, history is history, the nightmares are hopefully behind us, time to re-group and move on.

Fair enough on the job done by that individual - just making a point about the loud know it all types that every club has, voicing their opinions everywhere, but not capable, brave or bright enough to step forward and do it themselves. They usually have no knowledge of the detail either, just terracing gossip.

Good Shout Mate

This is good news. Feels like a potential new start. Let's make the most of it and start again in Cumbernauld. We've got a high profile manager who's keen to help, let's use him. Also, a few years ago I suggested to the club that we try and get volunteers together to go out and leaflet Cumbernauld, including the town centre, to advertise the games, a bit like what political parties do. This idea was never followed through on, but maybe sumfin like it might work now. C'mon, let's try again with Cumbernauld and let's really make the 'dream begin' again.

Supporting and being involved with a club who had similar debt problem ( all be it a lesser amount but without directors and soft loans) and cleared it all and posted a profit while putting a competative team on the park hats off to all involved at Clyde as im sure they have had many periods of disalution throughout butthe sense of achievement that the club has survived can equal a promotion. Debt free allows interest to be used elsewhere to improve everything at club. Well done Bully Wee

This is good news. Feels like a potential new start. Let's make the most of it and start again in Cumbernauld. We've got a high profile manager who's keen to help, let's use him. Also, a few years ago I suggested to the club that we try and get volunteers together to go out and leaflet Cumbernauld, including the town centre, to advertise the games, a bit like what political parties do. This idea was never followed through on, but maybe sumfin like it might work now. C'mon, let's try again with Cumbernauld and let's really make the 'dream begin' again.

Excellent post

But you will need to get rif of the chairman's obsession with East Kilbride first

Would Anyone else agree a groundshare with say Airdrie(10min walk fae station with shops.pubs and bookies etc ie life on way) or Thistle (Same as airdrie) for a reduced rent fee than broadwood,Keep our name and I wud sure both clubs would bite your hand off for extra income.....

Could be a lot of holes in my suggestion (with the fairly obvious one being being we would never make money from our homes games like Broadwood) but WE have to keep it CLYDE FC!!!!

Archived