Hamilton Academical vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 1 November

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye was a cracker! Fit to win any game that.

Except it bloody didn't and set me in a stinker of a mood with Thistle which was royally topped off with fucking up against St Mirren. Still raging about those two games :lol:

Except it bloody didn't and set me in a stinker of a mood with Thistle which was royally topped off with fucking up against St Mirren. Still raging about those two games :lol:

Them's the breaks mrcat. It was one of those games crying out for a goal!

I was raging about the St Mirren game as the dodgy pen gave the a we boost. would have been happy if they got no point all year along with RC.

If we are losing so heavily to a middle of the league team then I fear what is going to happen when we play the best team in this league at their ground on Saturday

Lol bantz

Fraser in for bannigan if fit, if not then Wilson. Also Frans, Higgy, and Doolan for Balatoni, Elliott and Eccleston. Having to choose between Craigen and Stevenson is like choosing what arse cheek you want cut off.

Oddly I don't see us losing this but probably 1-1 is a reasonable guess.

Hopefully we can't play any worse on Saturday? Then again it is Thistle so I genuinely don't know what to expect. Bannigan is turning into a liability with the red and yellows he picks up. As well as his one-footedness which constantly holds up play.

Yes.

He won't be banned for a league game after being sent off in the Cup. I thought it was a ban also when Boyle got a straight red for us against the Arabs in the Cup but he played the next league match for us versus Ross County.

Straight red for violent conduct or serious foul play = ban in next game regardless of competition

2 yellows or straight red card for professional foul / last man/ whatever you want to call it = ban in next game of that competition.

Example: last season Balatoni and Bannigan were sent off in the same league game at Tannadice, Balatoni for two yellows and Bannigan for a straight red tackle (not as impressive as his one last night, but still...)

Our next game was vs Aberdeen in the cup i.e a different competition. Balatoni was able to play, Bannigan wasn't.

So Stuart Ban-again (lol) will be suspended for Saturday.

He won't be banned for a league game after being sent off in the Cup. I thought it was a ban also when Boyle got a straight red for us against the Arabs in the Cup but he played the next league match for us versus Ross County.

He will be banned on Saturday due to it being serious foul play as Fuctifano states below. Thankfully the SFA changed the rules in terms of how long they look at disciplinary offences over otherwise his ban might have been extended due to his recent disciplinary "form".

Straight red for violent conduct or serious foul play = ban in next game regardless of competition

2 yellows or straight red card for professional foul / last man/ whatever you want to call it = ban in next game of that competition.

Example: last season Balatoni and Bannigan were sent off in the same league game at Tannadice, Balatoni for two yellows and Bannigan for a straight red tackle (not as impressive as his one last night, but still...)

Our next game was vs Aberdeen in the cup i.e a different competition. Balatoni was able to play, Bannigan wasn't.

So Stuart Ban-again (lol) will be suspended for Saturday.

Similar to last season Bannigan will serve a two match ban for his red card - Saturday(his next match regardless of competition) and the first League Cup tie he plays of next season(missing the next match in the specific competition he was sent off in).

Since the start of last season he's picked up 11 yellows and 3 reds(one of which was for two yellows) in 48 appearances.

Archived