Scottish cup winners Saints vs Woeful 'Well. Friday night fitba

Depends how many you bring.

The last couple of home matches have had no police at them AFAIK and as such, away fans have had to be housed behind the goal.

Do you think we'll see Dylan Easton get some game time? I know its possibly just scrambling for hope somewhere thinking he could make an instant impact, but it would be a nice boost.

Can't see it to be honest as he's not even made the bench when there has been spots available (e.g. when Kitchen and Wilson were listed) for whatever reason. Don't think many would deny he's technically talented but I just wonder how Wright feels about his role in a team. I'm not sure what the correct course of action is with him but equally not sure I trust Tommy Wright to make the right call.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confidence is a big issue at the moment. Getting away from the bigger picture and the blame game, I don't think anyone could have envisaged that Croft, O'Halloran (who I thought was alright last night in fairness) and Wotherspoon would all suffer a massive dip in form at the same time and so early into the season. That's our basically our entire attacking midfield rendered ineffective. I'd probably persevere with O'Halloran and do think Wotherspoon can come good again but not sure about Croft. He was abysmal last night.

I suspect the next few weeks will see the deck chairs being shuffled a fair bit in the hope of stumbling upon something that works. Wouldn't be surprised if even Morgan gets another chance.

Sounds like much the same thing going on with us, except we're also chucking in goals down the other end for good measure. Ainsworth got into double figures for goals and assists last season but has only managed a couple of goals and found himself on the bench more often than not this season. Vigurs has also struggled for form as well as fitness and Ojamaa's only recently started to begin to look like the player that left us. As such, Sutton has been feeding off scraps as we simply haven't been creating any chances for him and we're simply not scoring enough goals to cover up for our defensive deficiencies.

If I was McCall I'd have Sutton on the bench for this one with the far more mobile and skillful Erwin leading the line. I like Sutton but in a team struggling to create chances and especially in one where he'll spend large parts of the game isolated, he's practically useless as he showed last Friday at Pittodrie. Erwin, supported by Ainsworth and Ojamaa IMHO has the pace, skill and movement to be an exciting attack that could cause the Saints back line plenty of problems.

Sadly, I can see McCall going with Sutton up front with probably Josh Law playing off him as we spend 90 minutes punting aimless long balls towards Sutton which Wright and Anderson will comfortably deal with all night long.

Just had a word with her who must be obeyed and she has plans for the weekend, so I have decided to head up North on one of my missionary expeditions this weekend. First stop will be the game in Perth on Friday night, followed by Forfar v Cowdenbeath on Saturday and East Stirlingshire v Dunfermline on the Sunday. This will mean I will have seen a game at more than half the Scottish League grounds.

On this trip I will be alone as my fellow Roker Rovers are otherwise engaged, however I will still be sporting the red and white stripes as has become the tradition on these trips North so if you see a sad lonely middle aged bloke wearing a Sunderland top, say hello.

Just had a word with her who must be obeyed and she has plans for the weekend, so I have decided to head up North on one of my missionary expeditions this weekend. First stop will be the game in Perth on Friday night, followed by Forfar v Cowdenbeath on Saturday and East Stirlingshire v Dunfermline on the Sunday. This will mean I will have seen a game at more than half the Scottish League grounds.

On this trip I will be alone as my fellow Roker Rovers are otherwise engaged, however I will still be sporting the red and white stripes as has become the tradition on these trips North so if you see a sad lonely middle aged bloke wearing a Sunderland top, say hello.

You'll fit in well with the other 400 lonely men in attendance who've somehow mustered the willpower to turn up

After the game you will be probably wonder if its all worth it anymore.

Keep your chin up though, because East Stirling v Dunfermline should be a massive improvement to finish off your weekend, Enjoy!

Was going to go to this if it was on the Saturday for the one reason that its another ground ticked off the list but the fact its on a friday, coupled with the fact we are dreadful and its on TV means I will give it a miss

I was thinking of doing the same, but I've now been talked into going. Free pies.

Are we likely to be behind the goal or stuck in the main stand?

Main stand from the match preview on the club website

Match day admission details:

WEST STAND (home support)

Adult - £23

Senior Citizens (65 and over) - £14

13 - 16 year olds - £13

Kids aged 12 and under (must be accompanied by an adult) - Free of charge

EAST STAND (home support)

Adult - £22

Senior Citizens (65 and over) - £12

17 – 18 year olds - £11

13 - 16 year olds - £8

Kids aged 12 and under (must be accompanied by an adult) - Free of charge

ORMOND FAMILY STAND (home & away support)

One adult and up to two children aged 12 or under can gain admission at a cost of £15. Unaccompanied adults or children aged 12 or under will not be admitted. Children aged 13-16 can gain admission at a cost of £8. Additional adults within a ‘family group' are admitted at a cost of £15.

WEST STAND (NORTH END) (away support)

Adult £22, over 65s £12, 13-18 year olds £11. Please see above section on Ormond Stand for additional relevant details.

Archived