Where do we go from here?

A bit harsh m8.

In comparison to Hearts teams of recent years they are a very poor team. You are playing in this league for a reason and it is not all down to the points deduction. Hibs and Hearts were the two worst teams in the top flight last season.

Player for player Hearts should be nowhere near this Rangers team but we are trailing by a fair distance. McCoist has to take the blame for that and for the money spent on the playing squad we should be winning this league by a distance.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last few months of last season, The Jambos were outstanding.

And their fans filled the away end of St Mirren Park.

And were an absolute credit to themselves, their Team and Scottish Football.

No " Walls" lyrics in their songs.

In comparison to Hearts teams of recent years they are a very poor team. You are playing in this league for a reason and it is not all down to the points deduction. Hibs and Hearts were the two worst teams in the top flight last season.

Player for player Hearts should be nowhere near this Rangers team but we are trailing by a fair distance. McCoist has to take the blame for that and for the money spent on the playing squad we should be winning this league by a distance.

Laughable. :lol:

You seriously think shite like Nicky Law and Templeton are on a different level from the Hearts players?

Clueless.

Last few months of last season, The Jambos were outstanding.

And their fans filled the away end of St Mirren Park.

And were an absolute credit to themselves, their Team and Scottish Football.

No " Walls" lyrics in their songs.

aye no songs about defending walls but it seems they still dont mind getting up to their knees in blood :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pa84mgCHqA&app=desktop

To be honest, on the face of it, Ashley appears to have done exactly what a lot of these vocal fans groups have been calling for all along. He's removed Wallace and Nash from their positions, McCoist's position seems to be a lot more vulnerable now and he's invested (or loaned) money in the Club to keep the wolves from the door in the short term.

But these fans still don't seem to be happy. Is it that they wanted all these things to happen, just with someone else at the wheel?

Personally, I don't know if he's going to be a good thing or a bad thing for us.

I would lean towards good, if I'm honest. He certainly won't let them go belly up. He needs a thriving competitive Rangers to generate shirt sales. He obviously knows he can still do that for less than previous regimes. The minute Rangers hit the Premiership sales in ST's and merchandise will escalate. A couple of new shirts and Ashley will be a happy bunny. More success generates more sales.

To be honest, on the face of it, Ashley appears to have done exactly what a lot of these vocal fans groups have been calling for all along. He's removed Wallace and Nash from their positions, McCoist's position seems to be a lot more vulnerable now and he's invested (or loaned) money in the Club to keep the wolves from the door in the short term.

But these fans still don't seem to be happy. Is it that they wanted all these things to happen, just with someone else at the wheel?

Personally, I don't know if he's going to be a good thing or a bad thing for us.

I think the perception from most Rangers fans is that Ashley will try to make a large profit from Rangers whereas King and his team would have put more money back into the club.

But as I said previously, whilst I would have preferred King in charge, I'm willing to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt. If Rangers put together a team capable of challenging Celtic and don't go into huge debt I'll be happy enough with that.

There seem's to a belief that Ashley is destined to take control but lets not forget his loan will only keep the club going for another few months and King may possibly return with another bid.

you ken it's nowhere near the same team this season aye?

I seen this suggested on the "TSFM" website. It seems a relatively sensible guess given Ashley's previous business deals.

that Rangers may be a test case for Ashley in rescuing Football Clubs in distress by acquiring retail rights and Intellectual Property which would survive any future liquidations. It’s an interesting idea, as there are many distressed clubs in the UK

Dreadful Hearts team. :lol:

What a fucking tadger No8 is. See if you don't want other folk getting involved? Don't act the dick.

In comparison to the Hearts teams of the last few years they are dreadful. Not acting the dick at all..I happily accept that this present Rangers team and the one we have had for the last 3 years is as poor a team as we have had in over 100 years.

its unlikely any bid from king will ever be accepted now

its also quite clear he was out played by mike ashley for the loan and now ashley has loaned with his conditions attached including installing two of his people into the club and ashley will not deal with king neither will easdale so it will never happen now. King has also lost his two supporters within the club which in itself is interesting since both wallace and nash were the more likely to know through their financial expertise which bid was the best for the future of the club.

I take it Wallace and Nash will not be allowed to reveal the truth behind what has happened in the last few weeks?

I am all for giving Ashley a chance to prove himself removing the whole management team on the football side would be a start. If he was to put in place a wide ranging scouting network and advised the future manager that the club will not be putting them up in effing Turnberry Hotel for the night before a game against Stranraer or Ayr United it would go a long way to showing the support he was interested in what happens on the park as well as off it

Ashley will keep Rangers from going bust. He has a vested interest. And his investment is incredibly cheap in the big picture of what he will get. I believe he will make Rangers a lean operation and it's really a nothing investment to get the club up to compete with Celtic. But, gone are the days of big splurges on marquee signings in the deranged dream of European success. Enjoy being a European diddy team.

Archived