Where do we go from here?

If Ashley was "transparent", why does he rarely speak to journalists and why hasn't he outlined his plans for Rangers? It would probably go a long way to getting Rangers fans to back him, yet he say's nothing.

Transparent in the sense he doesn't even pretend he's not a crook, everyone knows it and he doesn't care,

What are his plans for Rangers? To saddle the club with a huge debt that bankrolls him for years to come.

Any sense that this is, in any way, altruistic is laughable.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of this season Newcastle will have gone 60 years without a domestic trophy. Yet the fans still turn out in their droves and buy shirts in their thousands. I don't see Rangers going that long without a trophy. If Ashley plays it right Rangers could be at the top of Scottish Football for a pittance of the investment that buys Newcastle mid table safety.

But with Newcastle United he gets global exposure for his brand. With Rangers , even if they made the Champions League, the brand exposure will be limited as others have said. Rangers are real minnows in European terms.

If Ashley , or Ashleys 'People', were to come out and tell us what they were going to do i am sure the season ticket sales will be back to somewhere near where they were. I doubt we will get the 38,000 we peaked at but in truth i believe many used this whole sorry mess as an excuse to walk away from the dreadful football that has been offer for many years now.

We're so heavily screwed it's unreal. The amount of dodgy goings on in that boardroom absolutely beggars belief when you think about it. So scunnered with the whole thing.

We probably only know a fraction of whats went on, the whole web of deceit needs to blown open.

If Ashley gets a majority shareholding then aye i reckon the stability could be good in short term but we'd end up regretting it.

We probably only know a fraction of whats went on, the whole web of deceit needs to blown open.

If Ashley gets a majority shareholding then aye i reckon the stability could be good in short term but we'd end up regretting it.

I saw an interview with Ally where he stated that he has since taking over, and continues to, keep a diary of all the last few years events from his perspective. What an absolutely fascinating read that will be if it's ever released.

I have mates who are Newcastle fans. Not one has a good word about him.

He has a long history of using the same MO for his businesses. Its a squeeze operation. Donnay, Dunlop\Slazenger, Karrimor. He extracts the maximum value out of a brand for the minimum investment. Taking brands and pushing them so downmarket they end up below Asda and Tesco own brand. He does not seek a "high quality" path to grow revenue.

Mike Ashley is very good at making money for Mike Ashley.

This is an excellent point. Three of those brands were solid, respectable and decent quality brands before he got his mitts on them. I wouldn't touch Karrimor's stuff with a 10 foot bargepole now. Dreadful.

This is an excellent point. Three of those brands were solid, respectable and decent quality brands before he got his mitts on them. I wouldn't touch Karrimor's stuff with a 10 foot bargepole now. Dreadful.

I can vouch for that. I bought a pair of karrimor walking shoes/boots thinking they were a bargain....wrong!!! Unless of course you like hill walking in wet feet!!

I saw an interview with Ally where he stated that he has since taking over, and continues to, keep a diary of all the last few years events from his perspective. What an absolutely fascinating read that will be if it's ever released.

It will be released..It will make money and one thing Ally and Ashley have in common is their love of money.

Jings that would be Shining levels of "stick it in the freezer scary."

Ashley has 'leverage' over the current board because they have run the company into the ground and need his short term loans to keep operating. However he cannot legally own more than 10% of Rangers. He may use others to own that but it would still be a huge chunk of money and require dilution of other shares or someone to sell to him.

This is all to keep King out.

Ashley has 'leverage' over the current board because they have run the company into the ground and need his short term loans to keep operating. However he cannot legally own more than 10% of Rangers. He may use others to own that but it would still be a huge chunk of money and require dilution of other shares or someone to sell to him.

Bawz. King cannot "legally" get in.

At the time i don't think many could understand the deal/s Ashley was given during Greens time as CEO. Does anybody think this was always Green / Ashleys intentions or am i reading too much into that?

someone earlier this week mentioned that newcastle utd owed their existence to mike ashley from ashley ridding the club of their 74m debt, but yet newcastle utd owe mike ashley 129m now.

so it looks like the difference between rangers before ashley and after the 2m loan is all in the ability to pay.

how long before rangers debt to mike ashley spirals up to the same figure that the club owed lloyds before craig whyte took over?.

Pretty soon is the answer!

At the time i don't think many could understand the deal/s Ashley was given during Greens time as CEO. Does anybody think this was always Green / Ashleys intentions or am i reading too much into that?

Think so, you forgot Sir Craigy.

I would be amazed if chuckles is not 'his'....

Nash resigned. We don't know on what basis though I suppose so he may still be due some cash.

Nash would've been punted, so pay off would've been agreed on first.

No one leaves when a dismissal a week down the line is in the offing unless ££££££ ....

OK before some diddy comes I'll have a go at Diary of Ally McCoist Aged 52 3/4

Monday: The gaffer’s left. I’m the gaffer noo. Great. We just won the double and scudded Killie 5-1. It’s the treble for us next year. We Stevie Naismith played a magic game. He’ll be an Ibrox legend in a few years’ time. Naisy, Shagger and the big lanky streak of Ulster gloriousness will be the backbone of this club for the next 5 years.
Tuesday. Great start tae the season. Scudding every c**t. The gaffer did 9 IAR. I reckon we’re heading for 10.
Wednesday. Joyous news. Club’s taken over by a hunner-billionaire fae Motherwell. Great guy. Make that 11 IAR
Thursday. Some pish that the big boss is a chancer. Nae chance. Still, he’s asked me tae sell some season briefs. I drew a graph and the briefs are flying oot the door like snow aff a dyke. I’m a magic graph-drawer. By the way, how dae dykes get snow on them? Wouldn't they just ask another dyke for a cuddle?
Friday. That barsteward fae Motherwell has skedaddled wae the Christmas booze kitty. Always kent he was a dodgy c**t.
Saturday. We’ve got a new Chairman. He is absolutely amazing but a right cheeky bassa. Says he wants to increase the size of my package. I usually get that shite in my email inbox I telt him to do one and that Sue Barker never complained and that Patsy Kensit swore it was wan o’ the biggest she’d had that day.
Sunday. Oh that gaffer! Whit he meant was mair dosh for The Super here! He says it’s great being at Ibrox ‘cos we are all going tae great as rich as Crease-arse. Nae idea who he is but if he’s as minted as The Mint, and that thieving Motherwell shyster and the new Chairman then he must have been fuckin well minted. The new Chairman says he bought Rangers just because of my graph-drawing capability and can I do a new bar chart and he’ll chuck dosh at me. Graph duly charted by yer multi-tasking managerial and cartesian wizard here.
Monday. Some chunts are calling me FPLG. I heard that means “Fat Paul le Guen”. I resent that strongly. I am skinny as f**k. That is not a large roll of fat around my belly – it’s my fucking money belt. Some c***s are thick as…..
Tuesday. We’ve got a new chairman. Great guy. The best chairman a club could ever have. Promised me a shot of his bus.
And so on and so on……

Archived