Where do we go from here?

Green bought the club with a loan if i remember correctly and had no other funds, we had sold less than 100 season tickets and it looked as if Green was going to have sell the club until one cheeky chappy said to buy season tickets as he'd looked into Greens eyes and he could be trusted....

...and uncle charlie said no surrender, made jokes about Lieswell and SFA etc.

Too late now to shift them and even if we did the state the club is now in would make it very difficult to run.

Sometimes you have to know ehen the fight is lost.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green bought the club with a loan if i remember correctly and had no other funds, we had sold less than 100 season tickets and it looked as if Green was going to have sell the club until one cheeky chappy said to buy season tickets as he'd looked into Greens eyes and he could be trusted....

...and uncle charlie said no surrender, made jokes about Lieswell and SFA etc.

Too late now to shift them and even if we did the state the club is now in would make it very difficult to run.

Sometimes you have to know ehen the fight is lost.

Now.....

If only some people had had the decency to warn you......

:thumsup2

No Surrender Bennett !!

Exactly mate. You never got back to me regarding the boats name...I still say The Mountjoy has a nice ring to it. :thumsup2 If not that then the Clyde Valley ;) I wont even tell Mrs Tedi why you chose either name

Exactly mate. You never got back to me regarding the boats name...I still say The Mountjoy has a nice ring to it.

I thought he'd decided on Dignity Mk ll.

I suppose he could follow your advice and name it after a snooker player of yesteryear though.

5lives money prog this morn at 5 was full of:

Worldwide brand of red, white and blue, you know, the obvious 5 letter 'company' ending in 'o', that has been in the news over financial difficulties, with iffy accounts, that Mike Ashley recently invested in?

Have gone down the sale/leaseback option on 50% of its properties.

Tesco

Now, if they are doing that to survive....... I'm sure it couldn't happen in govan.

Please don't go tits up again til we take at least 7 off you in the league cup.

Speaking of 7 - John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti's hat trick the other night was the 15th hat trick scored for Celtic by a Swede - the other 14 were scored by Henrik Edward Larsson, MBE. (AKA The King Of Kings, The Magnificent 7, or simply Ghod.)

*That's where you go from here, No8. ;)

Speaking of 7 - John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti's hat trick the other night was the 15th hat trick scored for Celtic by a Swede - the other 14 were scored by Henrik Edward Larsson, MBE. (AKA The King Of Kings, The Magnificent 7, or simply Ghod.)

What pisses me off is the money i spend at the fucking Etihad to fund your two best players!!! :lol:

I get that and agree to a certain extent . Obviously i notice the City tops more and more now and success on that scale will sell tops worldwide. It is just that Lips(i think) was implying we need to be successful for Ashley to see a return on his investment...We really don't...Ashley will make a shitload of money by merely keeping the club solvent.

Apologies if I didn't make myself clear. Ashley will make money from Rangers. I just think a successful Rangers will generate even more sales. It really won't cost that much more, once the deadwood has been rooted out from the boardroom and the dressing room.

Did Larson actually score 14 hat tricks? That's an outstanding record to be fair ,

really shows why he is regarded as the 2nd best Scandinavian player to grace scottish football ;)

Did Larson actually score 14 hat tricks? That's an outstanding record to be fair ,

really shows why he is regarded as the 2nd best Scandinavian player to grace scottish football ;)

And here was me thinking Albertz was a German...............

The one who called Souness a b*****d. I'd completely forgotten about him.Scored in an OF game, didn't he?

He is the one that claimed Souness told him to kick players. Cmon...Souness would never say something like that...lol

Stuart Munro cost £15,000 fromAlloa(i think) and Souness signed all kinds of players to replace him but he always won his place back. A true unssung hero

He is the one that claimed Souness told him to kick players. Cmon...Souness would never say something like that...lol

Stuart Munro cost £15,000 fromAlloa(i think) and Souness signed all kinds of players to replace him but he always won his place back. A true unssung hero

Munro was a good player in his spell with us also.

Munro was a good player in his spell with us also.

Did he go to the Buddies after Rangers? I cant remember that...Yep he was very under rated and especially by Souness.

Did he go to the Buddies after Rangers? I cant remember that...Yep he was very under rated and especially by Souness.

After the Blue Vermin F.C. ( deceased ) he went to Bristol City, Blackburn and Fakirk before coming to us in 1997.

He then went abroad and played for a couple of teams before finishing his career.

A good solid professional.

Archived