Where do we go from here?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dare say it wouldn't take a tenth of that to compete with this celtic team BUT Desmond will know this and give the new celtic manager money to spend so they can compete with Rangers next season

Losing AT LEAST £1M a month, would suggest £18M to see out next season with the current squad.

So, £50M not too far off the mark to 'compete', that is 'if' lol, safety issues at Ibrox are addressed.

Losing AT LEAST £1M a month, would suggest £18M to see out next season with the current squad.

So, £50M not too far off the mark to 'compete', that is 'if' lol, safety issues at Ibrox are addressed.

I am absolutely convinced there are more than a few of that lot who actually believe this garbage.

Always knew you Dunfermline fans were stinky jakie c***s.

Stinking Townie b*****ds. ;)

An absolute midden of a place with one saving grace. You cannot pass through the Townies Town without stopping at Stewarts the Bakers for a Steak Bridie. ;)

I am absolutely convinced there are more than a few of that lot who actually believe this garbage.

Genuine question:

Wasn't the Club losing circa £10m a year under SDM which was only overturned when Rangers made the UCL Group stages?

Was this the "£10m black hole" that Millar talked about?

I dare say it wouldn't take a tenth of that to compete with this celtic team BUT Desmond will know this and give the new celtic manager money to spend so they can compete with Rangers next season

Don't know about that, celtic have downsized a fair bit and their crowds are well down, they'll probably stick with loan deals and try to plug the gaps.

Though i don't like taking it for granted that we'll go up.

No we wouldn't, £30 million ffs. Both teams will continue to mainly go for free transfers and loan deals (in celtics case). 3 or 4 decent free transfers would bolster our team enough to give celtic a good scrap.

What we need more is a manager. coaches and scouts.

No we wouldn't, £30 million ffs. Both teams will continue to mainly go for free transfers and loan deals (in celtics case). 3 or 4 decent free transfers would bolster our team enough to give celtic a good scrap.

What we need more is a manager. coaches and scouts.

Right.

£2m o get rid of ally. £2m to get in another coach over 3 years.

£20m to make safe the death do me.

£18m to see out 15/16 season.

£10m war chest.

Looks like £50m to me, even with only £10m on players.

Now, how much has been ploughed through since 2012 v player buy payments?

So more than £50m needed......

Right.

£10m war chest.

Even if I accepted those figures (which I don't necessarily), you said "Rangers would need to spend £30m on players to even compete". You've clearly now departed from this.

Right.

£10m war chest.

So you've looked into the future and seen that any new coach would cost £2m lol

Pointless going any further with your jackanory type post.

Even if I accepted those figures (which I don't necessarily), you said "Rangers would need to spend £30m on players to even compete". You've clearly now departed from this.

Nope.

In my post the £50m wasn't to make them competitive .

Even with st j.

Different if they want to try for the 8 game CL qualifier spot.

So you've looked into the future and seen that any new coach would cost £2m lol

Pointless going any further with your jackanory type post.

£2m over 3 years as I said would be cheaper than "currant" incumbent, and as youz are self indulgent, seems fair.

Thing is, the main issue for Rangers to stand a chance of competing with Celtic in the league/cups anytime soon isn't just the sums involved on wages/transfers, it's that it would require unbelievably prudent transfer business in and out, and probably over more than one window. Which is something I haven't really associated with Rangers under McCoist, who hasn't exactly been the most imaginative in the transfer market.

No point spunking a fortune on players when the priority should be attracting a manager who knows what he's doing. Get someone competent, give him time and chances are they'd be able to challenge before too long, and with less resources than they'd need to give McCoist to scramble up a side good enough.

Right.

£10m war chest.

You've forg

Right.

£10m war chest.

You've forgotten the millions that Ashley, Green and co will be pulling out of the club. They've spent upwards of £80M to get 7 points behind a club that has just come out of admin. Heaven only knows what they will need to spend just to avoid relegation if they manage to "get back where they belong".

Archived