Fireworks Displays 1st Nov

FlyerTon

Inverness are sticking to tradition and doing it on the 5th of November. Might give it miss though, they fecked it up last year by having a cheesy DJ with an ultra loud sound system playing shitey teen pop. Wrecked the whole thing for me.

Fucking TV theme tunes tonight. Ban music with fireworks.

I particularly enjoyed the superhero theme of the music.

Ill be singing the superman tune for weeks now.

Yeah was decent the night. Cracking evening for it. My only gripe would be that you are so far away from the fire that you don't get a heat from it! Understandable from a H&S view I guess with all the fireworks going off.

Lovely night at the Recs West End Park, not least because the wean really seemed to enjoy the fireworks for the first time.

Met an Irish lassie who seemed slightly unnerved by the evening; we arrived after the bonfire was lit, so I asked her if they'd put a Guy on the top, and she looked horrified - "I've only been in Scotland for a few months, I've no idea what's going on!" :lol:

Yeah was decent the night. Cracking evening for it. My only gripe would be that you are so far away from the fire that you don't get a heat from it! Understandable from a H&S view I guess with all the fireworks going off.

Exactly. It was fecking miles away. The bairn was moaning that it wasn't very big so I had a father Ted type discussion with her.

This has been the norm for a while now, hasn't it?

Ah, the good old days, when your mates could push you into a raging inferno if they felt so inclined :P

I could hear the Inverness ones from my house, the DJ sounded like a 9 yo child. Is this what the Highand Council have lowered themselves to? Utter, utter scum.

Lovely night at the Recs West End Park, not least because the wean really seemed to enjoy the fireworks for the first time.

Met an Irish lassie who seemed slightly unnerved by the evening; we arrived after the bonfire was lit, so I asked her if they'd put a Guy on the top, and she looked horrified - "I've only been in Scotland for a few months, I've no idea what's going on!" :lol:

The Oirish have a different take on bonfires.

article-2361815-1AC5974C000005DC-292_634

Archived