Aberdeen v Celtic 9th November

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You met Neil Lennon after he jumped out of the bushes?

Dogging event imo. ;)

It was well weird. We were walking along the pavement and he appears out the bushes and my pished missus screams "That's Neil Lennon". He was either getting a fly pish or taking a shortcut. Or dogging.

Yellow teethed weirdo.

In this instance when it comes to the Celtic support, knowing how tribal this, it should be the support which should police themselves. There is an organised group of supporters who believe they can do what they want because they think its their right to express their views, regardless of whether right or wrong most of this has nothing to do with football nor anything to do with Celtic FC, then there's the idiots who cause trouble at games. I'm sure these supporters are more likely to take notice of their own fans than any authority figures.

It is not just the responsibility of the police and stewards to make sure of the safety of the fans but also the majority of supporters within the ground. Its not turning against your own support its about showing that certain behaviour is unacceptable and if enough supporters speak out and show that minority that their behaviour is not acceptable.

I agree with this entirely, but the problem is, and I am speaking from experience here, when you're dealing with a trouble maker, drunken or otherwise, if you chin them for their behaviour, very few actually take on board what you are saying, a common response is to have a pop at you instead. Whilst I would rather a self policing policy with the support, I can't really blame people for not wanting to get involved.

I agree with this entirely, but the problem is, and I am speaking from experience here, when you're dealing with a trouble maker, drunken or otherwise, if you chin them for their behaviour, very few actually take on board what you are saying, a common response is to have a pop at you instead. Whilst I would rather a self policing policy with the support, I can't really blame people for not wanting to get involved.

Then its also the responsibility of the supporters groups to communicate to the supporters and this includes the Green Brigade. It makes quite a difference when its a whole group of supporters rather than an individual trying to stop an idiot or idiots from letting the club down.

I just wonder if there are football supporters groups around the world that police their own fans, its quite a powerful thing especially if its done fairly and with everyone happy with it. It can also bring supporters closer together as one group in a stadium all singing the songs as one and enjoying the football experience. As I said its a powerful thing, but could it really happen in this country?

It was well weird. We were walking along the pavement and he appears out the bushes and my pished missus screams "That's Neil Lennon". He was either getting a fly pish or taking a shortcut. Or dogging.

Yellow teethed weirdo.

:lol:

Then its also the responsibility of the supporters groups to communicate to the supporters and this includes the Green Brigade. It makes quite a difference when its a whole group of supporters rather than an individual trying to stop an idiot or idiots from letting the club down.

I just wonder if there are football supporters groups around the world that police their own fans, its quite a powerful thing especially if its done fairly and with everyone happy with it. It can also bring supporters closer together as one group in a stadium all singing the songs as one and enjoying the football experience. As I said its a powerful thing, but could it really happen in this country?

I don't believe the Green Brigade would be interested in any sort of talks, maybe I'm wrong, but the way I see them is that they're a bunch of attention seeking idiots who are under the impression that they should be allowed to act in any way they see fit.

I remember watching something a few years ago about the main Lazio Ultra group and thanks to poor performances on the pitch, they "banned" Lazio fans from celebrating any goals. If memory serves me, Lazio had a great game won 3-0 or whatever and when the third went in a few fans decided to ignore the "ban" and celebrate....seem to remember a few slaps being dished out because of this. This of course is the extreme version of a self policing set up.

I remember in 2001 two different sections of Ajax fans began knocking seven shades of shit out each other in the away section at CP, a good few hundred of them as well, was both bizarre and scary at the same time

psg have two ultra groups who despise each other, one is made up of right wing and mostly white members whereas the other is left leaning and mostly made up of people from ethnic minorities. Bizzare

I remember in 2001 two different sections of Ajax fans began knocking seven shades of shit out each other in the away section at CP, a good few hundred of them as well, was both bizarre and scary at the same time

There was bother over in Amsterdam too, not on the same scale as the last visit, but a bit wild all the same.

psg have two ultra groups who despise each other, one is made up of right wing and mostly white members whereas the other is left leaning and mostly made up of people from ethnic minorities. Bizzare

I remember when Celtic played PSG, think it was around 1996, the PSG end at Celtic Park was segregating to keep the rival Ultra groups apart.....still didn't stop them knocking the shite out of each other.

On the subject of a minority of Celtic mutants ruining the minutes silence, the SPFL should have put in place a deterrent to make them shut the fcuk up and observe the minute in peace. Should anyone in the Celtic support ruin the minutes silence the game gets cancelled and an immediate 3 nil defeat to Celtic and a 10 point deduction for mocking the dead who fought for these cnuts to have the freedom to attend a football match to behave like complete fannies.

I'd much rather the minutes silence be held at the appropriate time on that Sunday but if they are going to continue with the minutes silence then something has to be put in place so that the club suffers from the fans who follow the club that do insult those who lost their lives. Even put in place that flags with protestations and other such bile should also be punitive.

A bit draconian but something has to be done to make these cnuts behave in a fashion according to the occasion.

There was bother over in Amsterdam too, not on the same scale as the last visit, but a bit wild all the same.

I remember when Celtic played PSG, think it was around 1996, the PSG end at Celtic Park was segregating to keep the rival Ultra groups apart.....still didn't stop them knocking the shite out of each other.

aye one of their clashes resulted in a death of a psg fan

On the subject of a minority of Celtic mutants ruining the minutes silence, the SPFL should have put in place a deterrent to make them shut the fcuk up and observe the minute in peace. Should anyone in the Celtic support ruin the minutes silence the game gets cancelled and an immediate 3 nil defeat to Celtic and a 10 point deduction for mocking the dead who fought for these cnuts to have the freedom to attend a football match to behave like complete fannies.

Nothing like a good old overreaction Eh?

I'd much rather the minutes silence be held at the appropriate time on that Sunday but if they are going to continue with the minutes silence then something has to be put in place so that the club suffers from the fans who follow the club that do insult those who lost their lives. Even put in place that flags with protestations and other such bile should also be punitive.

A bit draconian but something has to be done to make these cnuts behave in a fashion according to the occasion.

hb i honestly think Celtic doing something as simple as sending a representative like mcneil or another highly regarded ex player to lead out the team with a wreath and stand in the centre circle would send out a powerful message to the arseholes who regularly interup these things.

Archived