Stirling Albion v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

Disappointing result today at Forthbank for the Albion. Felt Rovers just about deserved to win today mainly due to them taking their chances. The Albion created more chances in the first half than we have for the season so far but could not score. Hit with a sucker punch just before half time to make it 1-0 at the break.

Second half Raith scored an excellent 2nd goal but we scorned 3 good chances to get back into the game. Didn`t expect much today but was pleased overall with our performance and if only we had taken some of our chances things might have been different. Still hope we can carry on next week in the same vein against Peterhead at Forthbank and get the 3 points we need in the League.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stats suggest it was a deserved win,rovers 20 shots,9 on target,2 goals,Stirling 17 shots,4 on target,0 goals

according to BBC crowd just under 2000,good crowd considering the shiteness of both teams

Way under, 912.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30156934

I haven't been on this the last few days and won't be on tommorow

Beith is a good we player for me Gordon smith,Steven Doris,lee Hamilton and dave mclune were shit today how does Chris smith get motm should have been Reidford ffs

I haven't been on this the last few days and won't be on tommorow

Beith is a good we player for me Gordon smith,Steven Doris,lee Hamilton and dave mclune were shit today how does Chris smith get motm should have been Reidford ffs

Reidford or McGeachie would've been my choices

Reidford or McGeachie would've been my choices

mgheachie was good to the contenders for me were mgheachie Reidford or beith also I would like to know how sandy got less time than Shitey Gordon smith and Steven where's the net Doris

Great win for win for us. First half we were very poor with McKay for a change being a postive force. We looked alot better 2nd half glad we have a bit more variety with set pieces. If Stirling had better finishing they probably would of gone in at half time ahead. After the 2nd goal we looked comfortable

Not trying to be negative, but why was hill not playing today it doesn't seam to matter how bad Perry is he's an automatic pick and let's face it ,it was another shambles at the back today fortunately we got away with it by a mixture of poor finishing / decision making by the Stirlingshire strike force. Well done guys the main thing is we are in the hat for the next round but having said that we will have to up our performance in the next round if we are drawn against spl/ championship team. Special note for the catering today doughy pies and 1 granule of coffee in hot water it made Mario cairas catering like Michelin star cuisine.

Not trying to be negative, but why was hill not playing today it doesn't seam to matter how bad Perry is he's an automatic pick and let's face it ,it was another shambles at the back today fortunately we got away with it by a mixture of poor finishing / decision making by the Stirlingshire strike force. Well done guys the main thing is we are in the hat for the next round but having said that we will have to up our performance in the next round if we are drawn against spl/ championship team. Special note for the catering today doughy pies and 1 granule of coffee in hot water it made Mario cairas catering like Michelin star cuisine.

This was a common complaint amongst my friends, the solution(sic) is either more coffee or smaller cups, otherwise it's just a hot brown liquid.

No surprise that we didn't perform - we know that won't change without THE change. But delighted to win. There is a chance to progress this year for any championship team the way the draw has went so far. A favourable home tie next would be excellent - its one of those 'you never know seasons' in the cup even for achampionship side as shite as us - there is potential for a very winnable route to a quarter/semi depending how the draw unfolds.

ETA glad McKay and Grant scored - we need goals from all over the park without an Brian Graham type striker that scores 2 in 3. Hopefully this starts a little mini-run for these gents

I was hearing today that Dougie Hill doesn't train with us at all anymore, and that he trains with Stirling Albion due to wanting to stay part time and the fact that we train during the day. The exact same situation is in place with David McGurn, who trains with Morton. Perhaps why Hill can't seem to get back in the squad ahead of Perry, who is fucking dreadful.

Good stuff.

Liked McGeachie when he was at the Rovers.

I was hearing today that Dougie Hill doesn't train with us at all anymore, and that he trains with Stirling Albion due to wanting to stay part time and the fact that we train during the day. The exact same situation is in place with David McGurn, who trains with Morton. Perhaps why Hill can't seem to get back in the squad ahead of Perry, who is fucking dreadful.

If that is the case, can we conclude that Cuthbert will be straight in when fit?..

I'm struggling to understand why we offered either of them contracts in that case. Although I struggle to understand most things Grant Murray does.

In the end we won fairly comfortably but the amount of chances Stirling created was ridiculous - we are a shambles defensively.

The main difference between the sides was McKay. Take him out of the side today and we would have been up against it.

We'll be out of the cup as soon as we get drawn against a semi competent team.

Archived