Partick Thistle Vs Aberdeen. On 'eh tele.

Jesus Christ that was awful, 1 shot on target in 180 minutes vs Aberdeen this season, they must love playing us.

Even with them having half a team out we played like we were against Real Madrid for the first 5 minutes, didn't really see too much of a foul before their disallowed goal. That said, agree with the majority verdict that rapey Dave was interfering (lolz) with play before the corner that led to their penalty.

I know Doolan is the most sacred of sacred cows in our support but he played like a wee boy playing against the adults today- as he has in every other game vs Aberdeen since we came up and bar the Motherwell game he has been garbage this season. Our centre forward position is, or at least should be, up for grabs:

Doolan- 2 league goals

Stevenson - 0 league goals

Ecclestone- er ... why has this guy been signed?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know where you are coming from with Doolan and I have been negatively critical of him at points this season. However he was up against two centre halves today with Considine covering. He almost got a clear run on goals a couple of times but he didn't get the break of the ball. A lot of the time he was making runs not picked up by the rest of the team. We miss a Taylor type player, especially against the top teams.

He gets little or no support from thr advanced midfielder and ends up running a lonely furrow.

My main concern is the lack of chances. It's not as if he has missed a barrowload. We just ain't creating a lot although Bannigan's miss from a decent Stevenson delivery was shocking.

I know where you are coming from with Doolan and I have been negatively critical of him at points this season. However he was up against two centre halves today with Considine covering. He almost got a clear run on goals a couple of times but he didn't get the break of the ball. A lot of the time he was making runs not picked up by the rest of the team. We miss a Taylor type player, especially against the top teams.

He gets little or no support from thr advanced midfielder and ends up running a lonely furrow.

My main concern is the lack of chances. It's not as if he has missed a barrowload. We just ain't creating a lot although Bannigan's miss from a decent Stevenson delivery was shocking.

My worry with Doolan is that Higgy being played out of position at centre forward for 30 minutes at NDP has caused more problems than Dools had in the rest of the season- he has a far better jump and is quicker but we don't want him playing with his back to goal. I never really noticed this until it was pointed out to me recently but Doolan jumps under the ball 95% of the time and cannot time a jump. However, that's not what he's in the team for.

We had 3 absolutely solid gold chances today and if we'd taken one of them we would have got a draw.

Not impressed with our performance at all yesterday. Pleased to get away with the 3 points. Goodwillie in the second half in particular far too isolated, if playing 1 up needed Smith/Pawlett and Rooney to be much closer in supporting. Pitch didn't look great but apart from Jack, nobody seemed keen to play football.

On to next week away to Dundee, we'll need to play better than that to progress.

Not the best performance from Aberdeen but we have 6 players missing so its a really good result for us. That was a right patched up squad with Considine right hand side and Hayes left hand side of the defence so it was good to get a result considering the amount of Injuries and suspensions we have got. Will have Logan back for next saturday and hopefully Robson back as the team is looking really light at the moment. Not sure how long Flood, Anderson, Low, Robson, and Robertson are out for.

I'm not a fan of Taylor but felt he was excellent yesterday and that is 2 games in a row he has played well.

How can he not be interfering with the keepers line of vision when he has to duck not head the ball?if he isn't standing there gal catches it easily.brutal game of football.

I see Galls was complaining about it today. Made the point that last season against County Higgy jumped over the ball but the resulting goal was chopped off as he was deemed interfering with play. We don't seem to have much luck with decisions.

How can he not be interfering with the keepers line of vision when he has to duck not head the ball?if he isn't standing there gal catches it easily.brutal game of football.

Rule has changed though. As long as no effort is made to play the ball he is not deemed to be interfering with play. Goodwillie clearly makes no attempt to play the ball so onside.

Rule is shite however it is the rule.

Rule has changed though. As long as no effort is made to play the ball he is not deemed to be interfering with play. Goodwillie clearly makes no attempt to play the ball so onside.

That's not the rule at all.

Interfering with play is only one aspect of being involved in active play in terms of the offside rule. There's also interfering with an opponent or gaining an advantage by being in that position. Neither require the player to make any sort of effort to play the ball in order to be deemed offside.

Few strange calls from the officials yesterday, like Rooney's chalked off goal. Wtf was that for?

Jake Carroll spotted a pound coin on the pitch and went for it. Big difference to the beneficiaries of the league's poorest-paying club.

This is nonsense. He was interfering with an opponent by "clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision".

So if you stood in an offside position in front of the keeper to block his view at a direct free kick You wouldn't be flagged offside? I never knew that. Why don't more players do it?

This is nonsense. He was interfering with an opponent by "clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision".

From memory is says in law 11 that in the opinion of the referee player has to be seeking to gain an advantage to be offside. Goodwillie makes no attempt to play the ball and ducks out the way so not seeking to gain an advantange by blocking the view of the keeper.

So if you stood in an offside position in front of the keeper to block his view at a direct free kick You wouldn't be flagged offside? I never knew that. Why don't more players do it?

That would a deliberate attempt to gain an advantage by being in an offside position.

Archived