Most beautiful film soundtrack

Clarkston5

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll nominate a soundtrack that I rarely see mentioned- one which accompanies, complements and completes one of the most outstanding pieces of cinema, Days Of Heaven.

But this beautiful score operates on another level: I think it's among greatest ever compositions, and it happens to belong to possibly the best film of all time.

Has to be Once Upon A Time In America IMO. As well as the song eindhovendee posted, there's this:

Apart from being a great bit of music on its own, I think it goes perfectly with the epic scale of the story. It just sounds sad to me, which is perfect for the story really. There's also this:

Not an original song obviously but maybe the best song about regret ever, which suits the scene perfectly.

So many feels.

I'll nominate a soundtrack that I rarely see mentioned- one which accompanies, complements and completes one of the most outstanding pieces of cinema, Days Of Heaven.

But this beautiful score operates on another level: I think it's among greatest ever compositions, and it happens to belong to possibly the best film of all time.

Cimino's best film and good choice of Hitchcock Sir

Rocky Films, possibly the best workout, andrenaline pumping music from any film. Fit the montages perfectly.

The good the bad and the ugly

The music makes the film IMO, the way it builds and builds. It's perfect.

The exorcist tubular bells

Excellent theme

John carpenter

Where do you start? Halloween, escape from New York, Assualt on precinct 13. Again the music really makes the film and adds tension. A genius.

Not sure what the classical score is but the scene with the bone turning into the spaceship is made by the music. Unforgettable, one of the best moments in cinema surely?

Vangelis

Bladerunner and Chariots of Fire, doesn't get much better.

Clockwork Orange

Excellent theme, especially the Beethoven numbers. Sounds a bit dated now maybe?

Repo Man

Excellent score provided by a Mexican punk band.

Dirty Harry

Same producer behind mission impossible and bullit apparently, pretty impressive.

• 3 months later...

The Betty Blue soundtrack is good.

That's the one that sprang to mind for me when I read the title of this thread. Watched this for the first time in years the other night on Film Four and was expecting it to have dated horribly but it looked and sounded great. Soundtrack was fantastic

Archived