The Missing - BBC1

Clarkston5

Also to come out is the Journo's story about knowing "what they (Nesbit & his wife) did"? Tcheky Karyo steals the show as Baptiste the Cop.

Think the Mayor is central to the story though.

Edited by kiddy

Karyo has been brilliant. He's almost playing two parts - Nesbitt is as well to a degree, but Karyo more so.

I was actually a wee bit disappointed with ep 6 - the Garrett story was almost dealt with to cleanly, in that we found out what happened to him, and how Tony got away with it in the space of an episode - whereas some questions are still rumbling on after 6 episodes.

Can't wait to see hob it turns out though.

Silly question maybe, but does anyone still think the boy is alive?

It's been absolutely brilliant. Just hope it ends the same.

The women in the hotel had a similar sobriety medal that her husband was given for 20 years drink free. She told Tony that a couple of episodes ago.

I think the Mayor is involved somehow.

Loved the interlink between the journo hacking Tony's phone ("knowing what they did")& the deletion of the call that could have stoppped the divorce. Tremndous screenwriting.

Edited by kiddy

Tremendous TV. Was watching that latest episode thinking 'f**k, please don't finish now'. Thought Nesbitt's character was a little bit one dimensional early but has really grown into it. Garret was superbly played, skin crawlingly creepy. As is the journalist in a different way. My only fear is that it doesn't descend into a Hollywood ending where they rescue the boy from the clutches of some group or person.

It was such a relief to finally see what was in that brown envelope.

The stabbing scene was really chilling just before he seen his boy too

The scene where the wife tells the journalist that she would've had her son even in hindsight of knowing what would happen was beautiful.

It's been superbly wrote so far so they better have a superb ending.

My own opinion is I wouldn't wrap it up either way.

I'm not saying leave it open for a sequel, just more a case of reality that they never know either way.

Far too easy for the Hollywood taken ending or the Eastenders dead kid ending.

Last one tonight. Anyone who hasn't been watching should fix that straight away. Outstanding television.

It is indeed. The only thing that doesn't sit right with me is that the wife looks younger in the later years than she does in the flashbacks. Totally minor point, and doesn't stop me being gripped at all.

I caught an episode of Rebus one night recently, when I was channel surfing, and had to stop myself saying "why's he a policeman, he's a dirty peado" such was the level of Ken Stott's acting.

Well!

Was that him or wasn't it? I think they've left it open to allow the viewer to decide. Utterly amazing tv and equally as shocking.

Quick point - is it coincidence that BBC decided to make one of the most vile characters I've seen (Garrett) a Scot, and also have a Tommy Sheridan lookalike at a kind of 'Paedo anonymous' event?

Really wouldn't surprise me if the was a hidden agenda behind this...