Gordon Brown

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His single biggest failure, was like every other major politician in the UK and US he believed that the markets were self correcting and banks would restrain risk taking.

His single biggest success was the first world leader to understand the scale of what was going on in 2007/8 and his rescue of the likes of RBOS and Llyods TSB became a model for preventing a catastrophic chain reaction of failing banks from accelerating.

Markets are self correcting, but it's not if politicians try to interfere with the process. What most people including politicians and economists don't understand is that when most businesses go bankrupt, their assets get redistributed to the rest of the economy. However, when a bank goes bankrupt it's assets disappear from the economy (i.e. credit), and since the whole economy is fundamentally built on a pyramid scheme of IOU's. It causes a credit squeeze and leads to a domino effect to the entire system. His single biggest success was not joining the Euro, because that would have lead to us being told what to do by a bunch of Nazi bankers. I actually thought signing the Lisbon Treaty was the worst thing he ever done, but now I think what you just mentioned was his biggest failure. He took the quick and easy way out, and did nothing to reform the system. Instead, he's set us up for a far worse crisis down the line. The "too big to fails" are now even bigger. For a start we need to move away from having a few mega banks and have more smaller and local banks like they have in Germany. If you thought bail outs were unpopular, just wait till you see what happen when they try "bail ins".

He was recently voted the Westminster Politician of the Year by the (Glasgow) Herald despite only being present for something like 11% of the votes in the last year. Just shows how much supposedly smart people can be utter halfwits.

The gold and pensions debacles screwed the UK up and his "vow" nonsense helped to screw Scotland up. No time for him; bow out gracefully, do your corporate events and shut up.

STV making Gordon Brown out to be a hero for "saving the union".

Tragic. :lol:

Indeed, he never saved the union at all.

The Scottish people did, and in spectacular and decisive fashion.

I'm sure he'll get a place in the House of Lords before too long.

Sorry to interrupt your "seethe", but he wont go to the Lords

STV making Gordon Brown out to be a hero for "saving the union".

Tragic. :lol:

Alex Salmond (heard of him) says the intervention of Gordon Brown swung the vote, so how you feeling now champ 8)

Yep. Saving something that's broken on a pack of lies. What a hero.

Says it all about the integrity of the union though. That it can only be saved on a pack of lies because there is nothing honestly positive to say about it, which the NO campaign proved throughout the referendum.

:lol::lol::lol::thumsup2, continuing to be priceless

Why would I be seething? The SNP will effectively control the UK next year. If I was a unionist, i'd be outraged and in a state of complete and utter panic. ^_^

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: , long time until May, seem to remember the same arrogance in the weeks leading up to #indyref, how did that work out for you

6 months for Labour to trip over themselves even more. :thumsup2

The look on unionists faces in May is going to be delicious. :lol:

Replace May with September, and I seem to remember he same being said, and........... well we all know what happened there :lol::lol::lol:

His press agents have obviously put out the "... Since retiring as Labour leader he has committed his time mainly to charity..." line that all the media have picked up on. Bit of a fucking insult to his constituents whose interests he was being paid handsomely to represent.

Archived