Scottish Labour in Despair.

Baxter Parp

Only a total bread bin licker would realise thats not what they were voting for. Some were voting NO regardless, which is fair enough because there were many like myself who were voting YES regardless. I'd hate to think people voted NO because of the vow but there are a few bread bin lickers in this country, oops I mean region.

I don't believe "The Vow" was enough to make the difference, and if anyone voted No based off that, then they should get their head examined. The way I see it, they had to give us some new powers. Due to how close the vote was. Otherwise it will trigger another referendum in the not too distant future, and it will be very easy for the yes side to portray Scotland as being downtrodden and hard done by Westminster.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At what point do No voter start to accept they won the battle but are losing the war?

Around about the same time as they realise independence isn't a destination but part of the journey?

At what point do No voter start to accept they won the battle but are losing the war?

Long way to go yet, am in it for he long haul, you

Around about the same time as they realise independence isn't a destination but part of the journey?

now where is that sheepdog

This notion that we have to reach out to the 55 to be in the position to win a future referendum, doesn't really wash with me. Most of the No voters I've came across, have now completely switched off, whereas Yes has become a progressive movement. If there was another shot at it in the near future, half the no vote would be no shows at the polls IMO. So for the time-being anyway, there'll be no hugs and kisses from me, I'll continue to call them for what they are. Let them feel shame.

This notion that we have to reach out to the 55 to be in the position to win a future referendum, doesn't really wash with me. Most of the No voters I've came across, have now completely switched off, whereas Yes has become a progressive movement. If there was another shot at it in the near future, half the no vote would be no shows at the polls IMO. So for the time-being anyway, there'll be no hugs and kisses from me, I'll continue to call them for what they are. Let them feel shame.

Move along, NewsNetScotland for this garbage

If you think its true, then its true, just you keep telling yourself that, if that's what you have to do to keep going, to me it is pathetic

What's pathetic to me, is voting against your own nation's Sovereignty. Truly and sickeningly pathetic.

Ectopenis offers absolutely nothing constructive or an opinion of his own. I'm convinced he is just a contraribot programme invented by div. No human would be so dull.

Like a lot of no liebour types he only voted no because the snp said yes

If you think its true, then its true, just you keep telling yourself that, if that's what you have to do to keep going, to me it is pathetic

ETA:- So which part of my above post do you consider to be untrue then ecto? The only part that I can see as been remotely contentious - bit I've helpfully highlighted in bold - I've clearly qualified by stating that it's ''In my opinion''.

Archived