Potential Celtic Fixture Pile Up.

f**k Celtic.

After their banner yesterday, again referring to the war dead.

Rats.

What banner was that? I really don't have any idea, also I fail to see what this has to do with a potential fixture pile up

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sat 14 Feb ... St Johnstone (A)

Midweek ...... Inter Milan (H)

Sun 22 Feb ... Hamilton (H)

Midweek ...... Inter Milan (A)

Sun 1 Mar ... Aberdeen (H)

Midweek ...... St Johnstone (H)

Sat 07 Mar ... SC R6 - Dundee Utd (A)

Midweek ...... EL R3:1 or Dundee/Killie

Sat 14 Mar ... LC Final - Dundee United (N)

Midweek ...... EL R3:2 or Dundee/Killie

Sat 21 Mar ... Dundee Utd (H)

Midweek ...... INTERNATIONAL BREAK

Sat 28 Mar ... INTERNATIONAL BREAK

Sat 04 Apr ... St Mirren (A)

Midweek ...... Partick (H)

Sat 11 Apr ... Inverness (H)

- *Premiership Splits*

dates tbc - Dundee (A), Kilmarnock (H)

• 2 weeks later...

Midweek ...... Inter Milan (A)

Sun 1 Mar ... Aberdeen (H)

Midweek ...... St Johnstone (H)

Sat 07 Mar ... SC R6 - Dundee Utd (A)

Midweek ...... EL R3:1 or Dundee(A)/ Killie (H)

Sat 14 Mar ... LC Final - Dundee United (N)

Midweek ...... EL R3:2 or Dundee (A)/Killie(H)

Sat 21 Mar ... Dundee Utd (H)

Sat 28 Mar ... INTERNATIONAL BREAK

Sat 04 Apr ... St Mirren (A)

Midweek ...... Partick (H)

Sat 11 Apr ... Inverness (H)

- *Premiership Splits*

dates tbc - Dundee (A), Kilmarnock (H)

Win on thursday and the fixtures get interesting

Are we sure that Celtic can play Dundee and Killie at normal kick-off times in UEFA weeks?

A couple of seasons ago, UEFA fined the English FA because Premier League fixtures were played on the same night as a Champions' League matchday. And it was the matches themselves that got UEFA's knickers in a twist, not the TV coverage.

Presumably the same applies to Scotland?

It's news to me that rescheduled matches on their own are disallowed, as opposed to having them on TV.

That would be another encroachment from UEFA, and an encroachment too far IMO.

EDIT: Also, Dundee Utd v ICT is this Tuesday evening, as are CL matches.

With apologies for a Daily Mail link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315348/UEFA-1-million-pounds-English-TV-money-pot-Champions-League-fixture-clashes.html

No specific mention of it being because games were on TV. And it was the 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons, so perhaps the "working group" that UEFA apparently established has relaxed the rules. Or it could be that for once UEFA are prepared to turn a blind eye to minor breaches of their regulations, i.e. English Premier League games attract considerable worldwide interest so could draw attention from the CL; Scottish Premiership games, well, don't and so doesn't.

Also if they were to draw the Scottish cup game with United they would have to play the replay before the 18th of April

They could play the replay on 18th April, with the semi-final played in a midweek. There's less time pressure for the Scottish Cup.

Back in 2008 they didn't over-ride league games when Rangers had their backlog - IIRC, their replay against Partick was played on SF date, then Semi-Final v St Johnstone was following weekend?

With apologies for a Daily Mail link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315348/UEFA-1-million-pounds-English-TV-money-pot-Champions-League-fixture-clashes.html

No specific mention of it being because games were on TV. And it was the 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons, so perhaps the "working group" that UEFA apparently established has relaxed the rules. Or it could be that for once UEFA are prepared to turn a blind eye to minor breaches of their regulations, i.e. English Premier League games attract considerable worldwide interest so could draw attention from the CL; Scottish Premiership games, well, don't and so doesn't.

I think they were on TV. I vaguely remember a thread on Miscellaneous Football discussing it and Stewart Regan, who hadn't been in place that long, saying it was unfair because the SFA had chosen not to televise a St Mirren v Aberdeen? replay in the Scottish Cup, as the Spanish had been fined the year before, yet a couple of EPL & FA Cup ties were put on TV (presumably the fine was chicken-feed to them).

If you look on Statto.com there are always a 'smattering' of top division games on European midweeks: rescheduled for postponements, or cup SFs or Finals etc.

Archived