Potential Celtic Fixture Pile Up.

Shift the Dundee game to the Friday as well.

I'm more interested with the potential playoff chaos, if the winner of Hibs/Falkirk reaches the final of the playoffs and the SC final. Wonder how they will resolve that.

I'm not sure Inverness would be happy with that.

There's also a full midweek round the following Wednesday.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

intriguing situation nonetheless.

common sense approach would be to announce tonight that the replay will be wednesday.

wonder if sfa/bbc will challenge the no live football on champs league night.

Normally sky and spfl stick to it

Give Celtic a 3-0 walkover win then. Simplest solution.

How is that fair? It's celtic that are struggling to fulfil their fixtures, surely if they can't be played when reasonable for their opponent it should be the opponent that receives the 3-0 walkover.

I'm fairly confident the SPFL will just cross their fingers and hope the game isn't important to deciding the top 6 in the end then play it after the split.

if they cant be arsed to put the victims under pressure then just knock the Killie game on to following midweek and play Dundee game that Tuesday.

Only delays the fixture announcement by a couple days

if they cant be arsed to put the victims under pressure then just knock the Killie game on to following midweek and play Dundee game that Tuesday.

Only delays the fixture announcement by a couple days

what if killie are still challenging for top 6?

could happen but they are more likely to 'get lucky' with Killie not going for it than Dundee who seem more in the thick of it.

appreciate its all to play for. thankfully its not me to decide anything (however i wouldnt have left this midweek coming free)

The long and complicate way to sort it is to move all their April games around like such;

Thistle -v- Celtic moves to the 7th, Inverness -v- Celtic to the 10th, Killie -v- Celtic to the 13th, and Dundee on the 16th. Cup SF (if they make it) to be played on the 19th.

The long and complicate way to sort it is to move all their April games around like such;

Thistle -v- Celtic moves to the 7th, Inverness -v- Celtic to the 10th, Killie -v- Celtic to the 13th, and Dundee on the 16th. Cup SF (if they make it) to be played on the 19th.

ict v celtic is on sky sports so doubt they will be able to move that

That would work but how many other games would you have to move around to play Fri-Tue-Fri-Mon-Thu-Sun not to mention if TV wants any on particular days?

Basically it looks like they can do any of the following:

* press ahead as planned - but no obvious date to play the Dundee game

* play the replay this Wednesday/Thursday

* cancel the Celtic v Dundee Utd league game on Saturday 21st March, play the replay then and play the league game after the split

* put Celtic v Kilmarnock back 7 days (hoping Killie fall away) and play Dundee v Celtic then, delaying the post-split fixtures by a few days

Other options could include playing 2 games in 3 days (or 3 games in 5 days), or during the international break, or hoping Dundee fall away?

That would work but how many other games would you have to move around to play Fri-Tue-Fri-Mon-Thu-Sun not to mention if TV wants any on particular days?

Basically it looks like they can do any of the following:

* press ahead as planned - but no obvious date to play the Dundee game

* play the replay this Wednesday/Thursday

* cancel the Celtic v Dundee Utd league game on Saturday 21st March, play the replay then and play the league game after the split

* put Celtic v Kilmarnock back 7 days (hoping Killie fall away) and play Dundee v Celtic then, delaying the post-split fixtures by a few days

Other options could include playing 2 games in 3 days (or 3 games in 5 days), or during the international break, or hoping Dundee fall away?

The option I've highlighted bold is surely the most sensible.

Archived