Potential Celtic Fixture Pile Up.

It's actually 7 times.

I agree with the sentiment about Clubs cutting their cloth but I fear we've gone too far down this cul-de-sac for many Clubs to be willing to turn back.

Worries me that I count things for a living and struggled to get that right...

You might be right in that respect, but I think the set up will remain as it does because it also suits Celtic to have it as it is. If they only had to play Aberdeen twice in the league this season, the table might look a hell of a lot different.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worries me that I count things for a living and struggled to get that right...

You might be right in that respect, but I think the set up will remain as it does because it also suits Celtic to have it as it is. If they only had to play Aberdeen twice in the league this season, the table might look a hell of a lot different.

I think the best we can hope for in terms of League expansion is 3 Divisions of 14 teams with either a 7-7 split or a 6-8 split.

I just can't see the Clubs being willing to drop to 30 league games a season.

I think the best we can hope for in terms of League expansion is 3 Divisions of 14 teams with either a 7-7 split or a 6-8 split.

I just can't see the Clubs being willing to drop to 30 league games a season.

You're right. In my experience of football directors they don't tend to have peripheral vision They know their average gate multiplied by their number of games and cut their cloth accordingly. Smaller leagues would probably only work if there was an expanded cup competition or if this cross border Scottish Prem/English Championship cup ever happened so the number of games remained the same. The irony is that if the league were smaller but more interesting then attendances would probably increase.

Sixteen team league that maintains a split maybe Top 8 and bottom 8 play each other one more time after 30 games would make 37 games

Then you'd have an uneven number of H&A games against each team.....

I like idea of 14 splitting into groups of 6 & 8.

Many like the split but I hate the uneven fixtures, eg 3 times at home or away against opponents.

I'd have a 7-7 split with the teams 7th & 8th having a free day final day fixtures as they'll must likely not be involved in a Championship/ promotion challenge or a relegation battle.

Incidentally, in the month of March both Dundee Utd and Celtic will only play each other. Has that ever happened before between two teams in multiple games?

I might be spectacularly missing the point here but Celtic played Aberdeen and St Johnstone in March.

• 2 weeks later...

Midweek ...... INTERNATIONAL BREAK

Sat 28 Mar ... INTERNATIONAL BREAK

Midweek ...... INTERNATIONAL BREAK

Fri 03 Apr ... St Mirren (A)

Midweek ...... Partick (H)

Sat 11 Apr ... Inverness (A)

- *Premiership Splits*

Midweek...... Killie (H)

Sun 19th ....Inverness (N)

Midweek....Dundee (A)

Sat 25th.....1st post split fixture