Terminator Genysis

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Seems like it would be far more what with all the shit the T-1000 does.

Sorry, I'm talking bollocks there; dunno where I got twenty-three seconds from. It's three and a half minutes of CG, most of which was for the T-1000's morphing effects, although a surprising amount was done practically too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The previous trailer made it look like this might be alright.

WRONG!

Yikes. Worst John Conner yet, by the looks of things.

I guess it could still be fun in a silly T3 sort of way. It's a series that's been running on empty for a while now.

The latest trailer just added more questions about this mess of a plot. And no matter how many times I see it, seeing geriatric Arnie killing the original Terminator just seems like such a big "f**k you" to the classic films of the franchise.

Emilia Clark being cast as Sarah Connor was literally the only thing that I thought might save this Turkey, she's such a perfect casting for a greatly unappreciated character(best in the franchise imo) but those trailers pretty much guarantee it will be a flop. I may still go see it since I have my card, but I'd definitely not spend money to see it. James Cameron must look on in horror when he see's what his creation has become

I don't see the issue with it. I still think it's looks pretty good and I'll definitely be going to see it.

I actually quite liked Salvation as well, and was disappointed to see that they never went with the trilogy they had planned for it.

Not much point going to see it now since the trailer pretty much gave the entire film away.

Aye, this too.

Must be a scunner for everyone involved in the making of a film to see the whole thing spelled out in the adverts by some marketing p***k who doesn't care anyway.

The last trailer was met with massive silence. This ones being talked about by everyone.

Marketings shite though.

Don't know what's going on with the marketing departments at the moment - that bit of leaked footage from the new Jurassic Park film is about as bad a preview as you can get too.

He'll have skipped all the way to the bank, rolled about in his wads of notes for a while whilst laughing hysterically and yelling 'I made all this from Arnold f**king Schwarzenegger!' then gave absolutely no f**ks at all about any further involvement with the Terminator franchise.

Thinking about it, there's no guarantee that James Cameron would do any better, considering the keich that he's done over the past twenty years.

Archived