Terrors v Sheep, Saturday 13 December 2014

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgraceful stuff. There is no excuse for spitting on someone. Absolutely vile.

Is the ambassador the centenary? The guys who wrecked it are scumbags but why does the owner keep letting them in?

I was in the Snug when it kicked off. A lot of Dundee casuals were there (both utd and dundee) and they all streamed out the lounge about half 2. Next thing, theres boys rolling about the street against a squad of Aberdeen lads. Looked pre arranged though some of these diddies were in their late teens being led by older boys. Burberry scarves and aquascutum gear were compulsory by the look of it. Never seen such a set of complete knobbers. Worth mentioning that i go to most games home and away and i cant recall seeing any of these paps before

Forward thinking of the dons fans there, just assuming a spittoon might come in handy.

In all seriousness, sounds like a few muppets made fools of themselves and did the good name our support enjoys no favours.

yeah you're quite right. A lot of the dons fans (especially on AbMad) seem to hold the 80s casual days as the holy grail of matchday experiences. I love a drink before a game but the aggression and vandalism is just pointless.

Just watched the highlights there; horrible, horrible defending for both goals even if you take away Rado spilling the ball. Goodwillie free header that led to the first; Rooney totally unmarked for the second. I fear for the game on Sunday.

Ive already said we should be hammering Paton for that but does he actually spit at him or does he say something? The reason im asking is that Hayes has his back to him and would doubtful feel someone spitting on his back yet jumps up almost immediately after you see Patons mouth contort. To be fair, ive seen this numerous times yet cant see anything come from Patons mouth. If it has, you have to be looking at a 6 match ban at least

ETA - the ref is less than 10 yards away so surely he should be spotting someone gobbing on another player

There are some utter bellends in our support it has to be said. Utd away is one of those games that can bring out the worst in people, it's such a big day out. I was disappointed but nor surprised when I heard about it kicking off a bit.
As for Paton he's been a silly boy. He should get a 3 match ban for that.

It always seems to bring out the fannies in our away support. I usually enjoy a trip to Tannadice but don't go to the centenary as it's a total nonsense.

I still don't get why they keep letting us as the place gets wrecked all the time.

Cos they make loads of money.

I remember about 5 years ago being down for a game, and they were charging £60 for a 24 crate of Miller I think it was. I mean how much is that to buy in Costco or whatever? Less than £15 anyway.

Cos they make loads of money.

I remember about 5 years ago being down for a game, and they were charging £60 for a 24 crate of Miller I think it was. I mean how much is that to buy in Costco or whatever? Less than £15 anyway.

Fun fact. Pubs will often charge more for drinks than the price they pay to buy them wholesale.

Apart from the odd smashed glass which you get free from the brewery the trouble obviously isn't that bad. A dafties having a punch up doesn't cost money.

Still thinks about ts arsehole behaviour to skimp on security and expect barmaids on minimum wage to deal with it tho.

Would have been better saving up the phlegm and releasing it on Pawletts pus. IMO.

Don't be a fucking mink.

Anyway. I attend United v Dons games in Dundee fairly regularly.

Pretty much always go to ambassador/centenary bar. As teuchters we dinna really know any better and all attempts to go elsewhere result in getting told to f**k off by the fat penguins on the doors.

The bar is a bit chaotic. Mental busy.

Most guys just get tipsy and go to the game. There are fannies but how do you separate normal punters from them?

It's a big day for Dons fans.

Not a massive amount of sympathy for the bar owner as he shovels in case after case after case of lager straight from the back of a van to punters at £60 plus a go. He's loving it, making a fortune in what really is a shitehole.

I'll say this for the 'fit-likes' its an impressive away support. Probably more than what the DAB's bring to Dens.

If you had a decent ground we'd probably brings better support. I was in that fucking old stand for one game last season and was delighted that I had upgraded my SAGA life cover; wouldn't want Margaret and her toy boy going without when I pop my clogs.

The Ambassador pub ban has been in the making for a few years now. The two Dundee away days bring out some amount of p***ks in our away support, who you rarely ever see at any other venue, Pittodrie included. I remember being in the Ambassador a couple of years back when folk started smashing lights and glasses at about 1pm before a 3pm kick off at Dens. The bar owner passed me, my mates and my dad, we made profuse apologies before leaving the place.

Since then, we've retreated to the calm of Whites before games in Dundee, which has been thoroughly enjoyable. Unfortunately the police decided to close Whites at half 1 on Saturday due to overcrowding in the bar, caused by the lack of a bouncer on the door. Absolutely no trouble was had in Whites, and the fans were just enjoying a few pints and a song now and again. However sadly it looks like we'll need to relocate again with the Ambassador rightly banning our fans.

We've shat in our own nest for games in Dundee and if it leads to fewer pubs and lunchtime kick offs, tough shit. If our 2-4 days out a year fannies can't behave, it kills it for the regular away day travellers.

Thankfully these fannies don't appear elsewhere but I would rather they didn't appear at all if their intent is to pretend that they're from Green Street when in fact they're either teenage kids or mid life crisis blokes who need to do a bit of growing up.

Rant over.

Archived