Queens v Rangers

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Queens performance I've witnessed in nearly 50 years . Well don lads , your football was crisp and refreshing with all 11 players looking comfortable o the ball.

If Ally is really Rangers man , why doesn't he do he decent thing and walk away without compensation ?

Never heard a quieter Rangers support anywhere .

Missed that.Please explain.

The banner was displayed just in front of the police control box with about 10 minutes before the end of the match. A sort of free the 'Barlinnie one' moment if you like.

Some comments on tonight's match I'd like to make -

1. There was a Motherwell supporter on here earlier referring to Queens as a part-time team. Wrong! Queen of the South have been full-time for many seasons - even when they dropped down into the (then) Second Division. It's ignorance and complacency such as yours, which has been killing Scottish Football for years; the erroneous assumption that teams outside the "closed shop" of the Premier League are somehow only worthy of derision - a mistake only reinforced by the arrogant coverage provided by BBC Radio Scotland. Does anyone now really believe the nonsense that's been spouted, that Scotland couldn't support a 16-team top division? (With Hearts, Hibs, and Rangers three of the possible "new" teams in a 16-team top league?). Anyone out there willing to bet against an "emergency" league reconstruction at the end of this season which will see the playoffs rendered redundant? And haven't Motherwell themselves been "saved" from relegation more than once by a sudden "urgent" need to re-organise the SFL? (Not that I'm still bitter about 1975!).

2. There's been rumours in the media that Hearts are interested in signing a Queens centre-half. I say - they are more than welcome to sign CRAIG Durnan, who (according to both BBC Scotland radio AND BBC Scotland website - shocking!) was playing for Queens this evening. As for Mark Durnan - several Hearts fans have described him to me (after last Saturday) as "a carthorse". MARK - please stay in the QOS traces for at least another season!

3. Fair play to the Rangers fans who've commented online that the better team won tonight. That's right, but not easy to admit. ANY defeat is hard to take for a real fan, but we haven't beaten Rangers at Palmerston since 1956, so PLEASE ignore the rest of the country while we enjoy our moment. No matter what anyone says, Scottish football - in the long-term - needs a strong Rangers, and although there are loads of "numpties" (I'm being polite!) who follow the club, I genuinely feel for the real fans right now.

4. Doesn't a (fairly full) Palmerston look great?! I'm not too bothered about being able to drink at matches, but to be able to stand wherever I want, to support the team I love, is very important to me. Anyone who doubts this, please watch the Ryan McCann goal against Dundee in the cup on youtube - google it if necessary.

5. Danny, Kevin, Mark, Ian - PLEASE STAY!

Oh - and YEEESSSSS!!!!!

1. There was a Motherwell supporter on here earlier referring to Queens as a part-time team. Wrong! Queen of the South have been full-time for many seasons - even when they dropped down into the (then) Second Division. It's ignorance and complacency such as yours, which has been killing Scottish Football for years; the erroneous assumption that teams outside the "closed shop" of the Premier League are somehow only worthy of derision - a mistake only reinforced by the arrogant coverage provided by BBC Radio Scotland. Does anyone now really believe the nonsense that's been spouted, that Scotland couldn't support a 16-team top division? (With Hearts, Hibs, and Rangers three of the possible "new" teams in a 16-team top league?). Anyone out there willing to bet against an "emergency" league reconstruction at the end of this season which will see the playoffs rendered redundant? And haven't Motherwell themselves been "saved" from relegation more than once by a sudden "urgent" need to re-organise the SFL? (Not that I'm still bitter about 1975!).

2. There's been rumours in the media that Hearts are interested in signing a Queens centre-half. I say - they are more than welcome to sign CRAIG Durnan, who (according to both BBC Scotland radio AND BBC Scotland website - shocking!) was playing for Queens this evening. As for Mark Durnan - several Hearts fans have described him to me (after last Saturday) as "a carthorse". MARK - please stay in the QOS traces for at least another season!

3. Fair play to the Rangers fans who've commented online that the better team won tonight. That's right, but not easy to admit. ANY defeat is hard to take for a real fan, but we haven't beaten Rangers at Palmerston since 1956, so PLEASE ignore the rest of the country while we enjoy our moment. No matter what anyone says, Scottish football - in the long-term - needs a strong Rangers, and although there are loads of "numpties" (I'm being polite!) who follow the club, I genuinely feel for the real fans right now.

4. Doesn't a (fairly full) Palmerston look great?! I'm not too bothered about being able to drink at matches, but to be able to stand wherever I want, to support the team I love, is very important to me. Anyone who doubts this, please watch the Ryan McCann goal against Dundee in the cup on youtube - google it if necessary.

Oh - and YEEESSSSS!!!!!

Great post mate. It just shows what's wrong with Scottish football when these arrogant c***s don't bother to do their research on great clubs like Queens of the South.

After watching these highlights I can't believe QoS only won 2-0.

I suffered through the whole game and it was far more comfortable than the 2-0 scoreline might suggest. TBH it wasn't really suffering as anybody that likes to watch good football would agree that QoS were a joy to watch at times. Possibly the best performance by a Scottish club against Rangers in recent years. They were fantastic and it was topped off by two fantastic goals...even though the defence at the second was abysmal. The pass,control and shot were all top drawer.

I remember when Rangers dropped in to the bottom tier fearing they would be kicked off the park by some of the smaller clubs who would pack their defences and do everything to stop us from playing football. If anything it is the other way round. It is clubs like Alloa and QoS who get the ball down and play great passing , attacking football. Rangers are one of the very few teams in the lower leagues who play dreadful direct football and have no Plan B when Plan A isn't working.

Rangers were poor tonight and they should be mocked by others BUT that should not detract from what was a great performance from a very decent QoS team. No excuses...On the night Rangers were just well and truly beaten by a far superior team.

I just watched the highlights.

The stats say queens were the better team and the highlights say it was by quite a large margin.

We were lucky to have 10 men on the pitch after a dodgy handball, on the other hand queens should have had a player walk later in the game for a stamp.

Our defence was woeful yet queens failed to capitalise on it. The goals they scored were class although for the second our defence had clearly given up.

AS for Moshni being a bombscare: He's still considerably better than McCulloch at centre half. That guy just loves to lay the ball off to attackers and he doesn't mind which end of the pitch he does it.

I suffered through the whole game and it was far more comfortable than the 2-0 scoreline might suggest. TBH it wasn't really suffering as anybody that likes to watch good football would agree that QoS were a joy to watch at times. Possibly the best performance by a Scottish club against Rangers in recent years. They were fantastic and it was topped off by two fantastic goals...even though the defence at the second was abysmal. The pass,control and shot were all top drawer.

I remember when Rangers dropped in to the bottom tier fearing they would be kicked off the park by some of the smaller clubs who would pack their defences and do everything to stop us from playing football. If anything it is the other way round. It is clubs like Alloa and QoS who get the ball down and play great passing , attacking football. Rangers are one of the very few teams in the lower leagues who play dreadful direct football and have no Plan B when Plan A isn't working.

Rangers were poor tonight and they should be mocked by others BUT that should not detract from what was a great performance from a very decent QoS team. No excuses...On the night Rangers were just well and truly beaten by a far superior team.

a very honest opinion of the game ..

We were lucky to have 10 men on the pitch after a dodgy handball, on the other hand queens should have had a player walk later in the game for a stamp.

McGregors would have been a very harsh Red. As for the Stamp by the Queens player. The referee can only give what he sees and he clearly didn't see it. I have to say i didn't see it at full speed and even after 3 or 4 replays i didn't see an obvious stamp. It was only after they showed you from a different angle you could see him 'stamping'. I honestly don't think it would have made any difference to the outcome of the game anyway.

Oh - and YEEESSSSS!!!!!

Fucking hell. I've seen some high horse, jibbering pish in my time on here but that is one of the worst ever.

McGregors would have been a very harsh Red. As for the Stamp by the Queens player. The referee can only give what he sees and he clearly didn't see it. I have to say i didn't see it at full speed and even after 3 or 4 replays i didn't see an obvious stamp. It was only after they showed you from a different angle you could see him 'stamping'. I honestly don't think it would have made any difference to the outcome of the game anyway.

I think McGregor's handball was pretty clearly deliberate.

He might have been unlucky to slip but he made sure the queens player didn't get a goalscoring opportunity.

It wasn't quite as blatant as suarez 2 WC's ago but it was still pretty blatant.

I've been following Queens for 43 years and that is certainly one of the top 10 performances I've seen from a Queens side. They controlled the game with crisp passing, calm defending and incisive finishing. We are now a very good side, to the surprised and often poorly researched media. Great credit should go to the last 3 managers and Board. The key has been consistency when most teams change players as if they were in a revolving door. The priority now must be given to resigning Durnan, McShane and Reilly along with Fowler on longer term contracts.

Great time to be a Queens fan and also huge credit to the fantastic legion of real fans who have been courteous enough to compliment our players and supporters. It shows there are a silent majority out there not tainted by the bigotry and billy big team attitude prevalent at some institutions.

As for Rangers. You have got to feel sorry for their real fans as that was a train smash. Poor and overpaid signings with no heart, clueless tactics and the club in the hands of mercenaries...its going to take a long time to dig yourselves out of this. By the way give Ally a break and just let him go, the poor guy looked as though he was tired and emotional (sic) but give me credit for his decency in prising Queens.

Keep it up at Palmerston because with this rate of progression we may be in the Premier League in 3 years.

Haven't felt this happy since that marvellous season 2 years ago or indeed the 2008 Cup Final.

Pauses to break into Pharrell Williams song

Fair play, good post.

Archived