Queens v Rangers

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't quite manage that I'm afraid. Still on a high this morning.

I don't blame you. That was some of the best football i have seen played against Rangers in many years. There was no time at all when we looked like scoring..I cant remember many occasions when we strung more than 4 or 5 passes together but can remember a few times when Queens were toying with Rangers as they pinged the ball around.

There have been times recently when i have felt we have done OK and just not had the breaks or have decisions go our way but last night was not one of them. Well beaten. We were looking for a reaction after the debacle at Alloa but the players have let themselves, the manager and the support down.

Did Queens win 2 nil hard to tell today all about Ally McCoist.

I could not care what he does anyway back to the game not the sideshow.

Queens could and really should have won by more but 2nil will do me.

Every Queens player played there part.

Never thought I would say this but it really was a easy win.

Off now to watch it again on T.V just to make sure Queens won 2 nil‼

A belated well played to QotS, that was how fitba should be played. Was impossible to post last night so i waited till the thread calmed down abit.

Why do you tell such blatant lies?

Plenty of us managed to get our congratulations in to Queens - and have a giggle at your lot.

Meanwhile, you were having your arse handed to you - again - on another thread where you decided to prove that your grasp of basic arithmetic is just as firm as your mastery of rudimentary English.

Well it's the morning after the night before and what a night it was for Queens. Two terrific goals and a team performance that was probably our best ninety minutes this season, what a time to produce it. Our back line was strong and solid our midfield bossed the game and our forward line never gave them a minutes rest.

There is something about a night game under floodlights especially when it's live on TV and Queens seem to enjoy Fridays. :)

Watched the highlights this morning, 2 stunning goals, and that ball from Carmichael :wub:

Unfortunately Dowie could be seeing a retrospective ban for that stamp. He was very subtle about it but it was definitely intentional.

Hopefully I'll get to see the full game over the next few days.

I don't blame you. That was some of the best football i have seen played against Rangers in many years. There was no time at all when we looked like scoring..I cant remember many occasions when we strung more than 4 or 5 passes together but can remember a few times when Queens were toying with Rangers as they pinged the ball around.

There have been times recently when i have felt we have done OK and just not had the breaks or have decisions go our way but last night was not one of them. Well beaten. We were looking for a reaction after the debacle at Alloa but the players have let themselves, the manager and the support down.

Now you're protesting a wee bit too much. Queens played very well from what I've seen but let's not forget they weren't really playing rangers.

Hibs skelping your old club 3-0 a couple of times, Killie doing the same, Sevilla earning me some decent coin at even money(!), Uniraea doing the same - all at Fortress ibrox, spring immediately to mind. And that's all since 2000, the majority since 2005. Not that many years, really.

Your old club got taught plenty of footballing lessons over the years - even by your Ugly Sisters.

In no way do I want to detract from what was an extremely entertaining performance from Queens last night, but all they beat was a side of similar quality - on paper at least. The extra pleasure opposition fans are getting from beating this ersatz team is not from claiming some giant-killing feat - the rangers are obviously no giants - but the reaction gained from the buffoons who continue to peddle the "same club" nonsense.

And yes, I know exactly what the above says about my team's capitulation the other week.

Dowie was a fool for that stamp. It's dirty play and idiotic.

But if there's one person in Scottish Football that deserves a taste of his own medicine, it's Ian Black.

Indeed*. Fair play to the rangers posters, though - they haven't blamed that oversight for their humiliation.

*On both points.

Just watched the highlights

That 1st goal - phwoarrrr

The pass from Carmichael for the second is proper w**k material.

Cannae get my double up as Cowden game is afff

Probably for the best - I couldn't see Cowden winning, and with Queens at anything from 7/2 to 4/1, you'll still get a decent payout.

Reilly must love playing The Rangers. If my memory serves me right counting his penalty in the cup shootout that's 4 goals in 3 games against them. Watching their front 4 yesterday I bet they wished they still had the youngster.

Well played qots , again not shocked by the result as I predicted dodgy results ahead in the qots and hibs away games a few weeks back after the hearts game. A superb free kick and plenty more chances created and if took the score could have been embarrassing . Queens constantly caused us bother on their right wing and we continuily failed to deal with that topped by our usual high punts up to nae c**t. However again well played queens .

Dowie was a fool for that stamp. It's dirty play and idiotic.

But if there's one person in Scottish Football that deserves a taste of his own medicine, it's Ian Black.

At least he was just in his astroturf boots. That has to count for something at your retrospective hearing... :unsure2:

And yes, I know exactly what the above says about my team's capitulation the other week.

Tbf norm your team were already through to the next round and getting beat 4 - 3 is hardly a capitulation.

We were looking for a reaction after the debacle at Alloa but the players have let themselves, the manager and the support down.

You got plenty of reactions from the Sevco players last night.

Constantly looking to the ref to help them out, instead of getting stuck in, but young Mr Dallas wasn't interested in being your 12th man last night.

Archived