Queens v Rangers

This has turned into a fine blend of Queens fans moaning that we're viewed as a diddy team, and Queens fans creaming their knickers over the victory, because of who the opponents were. There's a correlation I suspect.

I'm no more happier about the win than I am when we beat Falkirk or Dumbarton. It wasn't the Rangers 9 in a row team we beat in a momentous night for the club. It was a run of the mill league win against a bang average Championship team. The sort of performance we've been putting in all season.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suffered through the whole game and it was far more comfortable than the 2-0 scoreline might suggest. TBH it wasn't really suffering as anybody that likes to watch good football would agree that QoS were a joy to watch at times. Possibly the best performance by a Scottish club against Rangers in recent years. They were fantastic and it was topped off by two fantastic goals...even though the defence at the second was abysmal. The pass,control and shot were all top drawer.

I remember when Rangers dropped in to the bottom tier fearing they would be kicked off the park by some of the smaller clubs who would pack their defences and do everything to stop us from playing football. If anything it is the other way round. It is clubs like Alloa and QoS who get the ball down and play great passing , attacking football. Rangers are one of the very few teams in the lower leagues who play dreadful direct football and have no Plan B when Plan A isn't working.

Rangers were poor tonight and they should be mocked by others BUT that should not detract from what was a great performance from a very decent QoS team. No excuses...On the night Rangers were just well and truly beaten by a far superior team.

Accurate, magnanimous and gracious.

Terribly disappointing.

Anyone who has seen them over the last few years knows that Queens are a really good side, with several dangerous attackers. Excellent performance from them.

Pleased for the QotS fans on here that they saw their team totally outplay Rangers and that it was live on the box so everyone could see they are a very good side.

Great post mate. It just shows what's wrong with Scottish football when these arrogant c***s don't bother to do their research on great clubs like Queens of the South.

Yes, the Downhomers are some team.

As troubled as Rangers are at the moment they have lost three of their last fifty or so league games, all of which were to Hearts or Hibs. In context it is a tremendous result and achievement.

When Rangers came into this division I was convinced they would lose a few games at this level. I just hoped we might produce a performance on the right night to be one of the teams to beat them. We did. And then some. It wasnt actually that special. A lot of our football this season has been that good, especially at Palmerston.

Very proud of my club and delighted for everyone involved at the moment.

You lost me there.

and me. Think Scottish football are better without them, once feared now a joke club, keep it up, it's been an absolute pleasure reminding u of who u are (sevco) while u keep trying to claim the club of old pastures, sevco, newco, THE rangers, whatever ur new name will be, yous are PISH

Some comments on tonight's match I'd like to make -

1. There was a Motherwell supporter on here earlier referring to Queens as a part-time team. Wrong! Queen of the South have been full-time for many seasons - even when they dropped down into the (then) Second Division. It's ignorance and complacency such as yours, which has been killing Scottish Football for years; the erroneous assumption that teams outside the "closed shop" of the Premier League are somehow only worthy of derision - a mistake only reinforced by the arrogant coverage provided by BBC Radio Scotland. Does anyone now really believe the nonsense that's been spouted, that Scotland couldn't support a 16-team top division? (With Hearts, Hibs, and Rangers three of the possible "new" teams in a 16-team top league?). Anyone out there willing to bet against an "emergency" league reconstruction at the end of this season which will see the playoffs rendered redundant? And haven't Motherwell themselves been "saved" from relegation more than once by a sudden "urgent" need to re-organise the SFL? (Not that I'm still bitter about 1975!).

2. There's been rumours in the media that Hearts are interested in signing a Queens centre-half. I say - they are more than welcome to sign CRAIG Durnan, who (according to both BBC Scotland radio AND BBC Scotland website - shocking!) was playing for Queens this evening. As for Mark Durnan - several Hearts fans have described him to me (after last Saturday) as "a carthorse". MARK - please stay in the QOS traces for at least another season!

3. Fair play to the Rangers fans who've commented online that the better team won tonight. That's right, but not easy to admit. ANY defeat is hard to take for a real fan, but we haven't beaten Rangers at Palmerston since 1956, so PLEASE ignore the rest of the country while we enjoy our moment. No matter what anyone says, Scottish football - in the long-term - needs a strong Rangers, and although there are loads of "numpties" (I'm being polite!) who follow the club, I genuinely feel for the real fans right now.

4. Doesn't a (fairly full) Palmerston look great?! I'm not too bothered about being able to drink at matches, but to be able to stand wherever I want, to support the team I love, is very important to me. Anyone who doubts this, please watch the Ryan McCann goal against Dundee in the cup on youtube - google it if necessary.

5. Danny, Kevin, Mark, Ian - PLEASE STAY!

Oh - and YEEESSSSS!!!!!

Scotland needs a strong Rangers? What pish is this?

You lost me there.

Me too. Scottish fitba needs a strong The Rangers with mountains of debt and thousands of bigoted fans like it needs a hole in the heid. Do agree with other points made. Folk should know more about QotS and the other 'wee' teams that the media don't cover as much.

On the other hand, Scottish fitba needs people to support their local team be it Queens, Hearts, Hibs or Elgin City. We don't need another corrupt and bankrupt behemoth.

First time I've been at Palmerston in years and thought Queens were excellent. Rangers haven't improved any since we turned them over at Ibrox and I'll see Annan produce better football at Galabank today. The fans should be having a whip round to get Ally's compensation together. Brutal.

Some comments on tonight's match I'd like to make -

1. There was a Motherwell supporter on here earlier referring to Queens as a part-time team. Wrong! Queen of the South have been full-time for many seasons - even when they dropped down into the (then) Second Division. It's ignorance and complacency such as yours, which has been killing Scottish Football for years; the erroneous assumption that teams outside the "closed shop" of the Premier League are somehow only worthy of derision - a mistake only reinforced by the arrogant coverage provided by BBC Radio Scotland. Does anyone now really believe the nonsense that's been spouted, that Scotland couldn't support a 16-team top division? (With Hearts, Hibs, and Rangers three of the possible "new" teams in a 16-team top league?). Anyone out there willing to bet against an "emergency" league reconstruction at the end of this season which will see the playoffs rendered redundant? And haven't Motherwell themselves been "saved" from relegation more than once by a sudden "urgent" need to re-organise the SFL? (Not that I'm still bitter about 1975!).

2. There's been rumours in the media that Hearts are interested in signing a Queens centre-half. I say - they are more than welcome to sign CRAIG Durnan, who (according to both BBC Scotland radio AND BBC Scotland website - shocking!) was playing for Queens this evening. As for Mark Durnan - several Hearts fans have described him to me (after last Saturday) as "a carthorse". MARK - please stay in the QOS traces for at least another season!

3. Fair play to the Rangers fans who've commented online that the better team won tonight. That's right, but not easy to admit. ANY defeat is hard to take for a real fan, but we haven't beaten Rangers at Palmerston since 1956, so PLEASE ignore the rest of the country while we enjoy our moment. No matter what anyone says, Scottish football - in the long-term - needs a strong Rangers, and although there are loads of "numpties" (I'm being polite!) who follow the club, I genuinely feel for the real fans right now.

4. Doesn't a (fairly full) Palmerston look great?! I'm not too bothered about being able to drink at matches, but to be able to stand wherever I want, to support the team I love, is very important to me. Anyone who doubts this, please watch the Ryan McCann goal against Dundee in the cup on youtube - google it if necessary.

5. Danny, Kevin, Mark, Ian - PLEASE STAY!

Oh - and YEEESSSSS!!!!!

FFS Cheer up.

Did yer wee team get beat or something?

post-1545-14184644363515_thumb.jpg

Archived