Saw a boy in the gym with a pair of Travel Fox this morning. Id wear a pair of those again.

Saw them in Sports Direct for 30 bar a few weeks ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/371012952322?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

FFS didnt want to sound like a c**t and say that he maybe fluked a good choice of trainers. If theyre cheap at SD thatll probably explain why he was wearing them and prevent me from stepping out on the streets with a pair on my feet anytime in the near future.

Currently very close to buying a pair of Hamburgs, not sure whether to go for the black/orange or black/yellow though? :unsure2:

I've seen both in the flesh and IMO the Brussels colourway are much nicer.

On the subject of long lost brands, I have a pair of vintage Le Shark jeans from the early 90's that I still wear. Not everyone's cup of tea Le Shark, but I loved it.

Spezials are in Scott's and the other two are on eBay albeit for stupid money. Definitely getting the Spezials and the Rekords just seem a tad boring imo. Probably just going to leave the Stockholms but I'm really liking the Trimm - Stars so I'm probably just going to pick them up or, as you say, get another that you don't see everyone and their dog wearing.

^^^^

Claims Rekords are boring, whilst buying Spezials, the most boring, over bought, common, every man adidas trainer on the market!

The beauty of the Rekord is it's understated simplistic style. You might not find a more beautiful trainer!

That and the fact that you are buying a trainer that's not been on the market since 03(?) or 08.

Edited by dave.j

I'd opt for the yellow ones. Both of them are nice though.

I still can't see past the leather blue on white colourway. Or the red on white Athens CW suede.

My Gf just told me I'm getting the Spezial Echibition book for my Christmas. Buzzing my tits off doesn't come close!

^^^^

Claims Rekords are boring, whilst buying Spezials, the most boring, over bought, common, every man adidas trainer on the market!

The beauty of the Rekord is it's understated simplistic style. You might not find a more beautiful trainer!

That and the fact that you are buying a trainer that's not been on the market since 03(?) or 08.

Just don't really like the CW of those Rekords. I like the design of the shoe and if there's different CWs of itv then I'd contemplate buying them. FWIW I'd say Gazelles are more common and overbought

^^^^

Surely Gazelle O.G. are the most boring and prevalent pair of /// anywhere?

Every time I see a group of youngsters in their skinny jeans with droppy arses, daft Geordie Shore haircuts and pointless aztec print vests there is always at least one wearing New Balance and at least one wearing Gazelle O.G.

I am biased because I have a real soft spot for Spezials I guess.

You're spot on about Rekord though. I have a pair of '08 in the argentina colourway and they are the dogs bollocks. Might wear them out later now that I read this. :)

I've seen both in the flesh and IMO the Brussels colourway are much nicer.

On the subject of long lost brands, I have a pair of vintage Le Shark jeans from the early 90's that I still wear. Not everyone's cup of tea Le Shark, but I loved it.

Wasn't Le Shark a kind of Lacoste / Paul & Shark market stall thing?

Just bought myself a pair of air max 90's, great looking trainer and as comfy as my roches. My gazelles are my favourites and will be purchasing a 3rd pair soon. Had a pair of tigers that a few have mentioned and whilst they look great, they are easily the most uncomfy trainers I've had.

Surely Gazelle O.G. are the most boring and prevalent pair of /// anywhere?

Every time I see a group of youngsters in their skinny jeans with droppy arses, daft Geordie Shore haircuts and pointless aztec print vests there is always at least one wearing New Balance and at least one wearing Gazelle O.G.

I am biased because I have a real soft spot for Spezials I guess.

You're spot on about Rekord though. I have a pair of '08 in the argentina colourway and they are the dogs bollocks. Might wear them out later now that I read this. :)

Gazelles are common, mainly the blue/white or red/white. I like trying to get CW that are a bit different. I've got the Amber/yellow ones.

Wasn't Le Shark a kind of Lacoste / Paul & Shark market stall thing?

I haven't heard that one before. It's not impossible, although the jeans I have are good quality and don't appear to be market stall jobs.

Gazelles are common, mainly the blue/white or red/white. I like trying to get CW that are a bit different. I've got the Amber/yellow ones.

You, and thousands of wedge haircuts. :P

Le Shark was always a tinker make when I was growing up. Sold in places like 'the jean scene'. To be fair to Monster, it's sold alongside Sonetti and Carbrini. Someone said they were popular in years before I, so maybe the jean scene is just the Manifesto, 15 years later.

You're right Deeboy , traveller gear .

This has got me thinking about clothes in the late 80s early 90s , now this was in Perth so may be different elsewhere . At school the jumpers of choice were Lacoste , Lyle and Scott and Pringle , Timberland or Lacoste boots or shoes or Travel Fox, Saucony or New Balance trainers . Out of school/when left school you couldn't go wrong with Fiorucci or Armani denims . Armani,Aquascutum,Lacoste,Ralph Lauren,Boneville,Cerruti,Best Company,Versace,Burberry,Pop84,Replay feck i could go on forever ! These were the brands we were wearing anyway , benzini etc weren't sold in Perth as far as i knew , think that was kept for the Barras .

Edited by tree house tam

Le Shark was always a tinker make when I was growing up. Sold in places like 'the jean scene'. To be fair to Monster, it's sold alongside Sonetti and Carbrini. Someone said they were popular in years before I, so maybe the jean scene is just the Manifesto, 15 years later.

There was a chain called The Turret, that sold all that kind of gear. We never had one in Montrose, but I'm pretty sure they had shops in Forfar, Arbroath, the Ferry etc.