Hideously cheap looking. What's the fascination currently in making trainers goretex? If you want waterproof buy goretex hiking boots. Trainers are for sports or urban wear, not tramping about the munros.

To be fair with the horrific Scottish climate it makes sense. Any suede trainer gets worn about twice in six months and most leather trainers are bawfing.

Yeah. More comfortable than shoes.

That is just unacceptable. One of the jakiest things I can think of is seeing people at their work wearing trousers and a pair of beast shoes.

Pretty sure you can get them at any 10 pin bowling alley.

This is the reason I occasionally look through this thread. Some of the responses to pictures are absolutely brilliant.

Just beware, after one day wearing mine I was saying everything was "teckle" and had a £60 a day cocaine habit.

I might be picking you up wrong, Bert, but are saying that's a bad thing?

FWIW, KB, it's a no from me, on the trainers. They're awright but not £60 awright. You dig?

To be fair with the horrific Scottish climate it makes sense. Any suede trainer gets worn about twice in six months and most leather trainers are bawfing.

Liquiproof them. One coat does for the life of the trainer.

I got a new pair of trainers. First pair I think in over 3 years or so where I've paid over 40 pound.

What happened to: 'I have a family so I wear tink trainers!'?

As it happens Samba are very decent and should last a while. Not keen on white soles though.

That is just unacceptable. One of the jakiest things I can think of is seeing people at their work wearing trousers and a pair of beast shoes.

Admittedly I'm not teaming them with smart trousers. Be sure to keep a lookout for someone wearing those if you want to hurl abuse at them, though ;)