12 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I see. What decade was that you grew up in? I assume it was the 80s going by the style of the trainer. It’s funny what brands were popular once but aren’t nowadays. I was in school in the early 90s and Ellese and Fila trainers were the popular ones, or if you wore shoes it was Kickers or Pod, along with a Helly Hansen jacket if your parents had more money than sense. 

This would be mid to late 70s, Adidas also were around with Adidas Kick being the shoes everyone made fun of as only neds wore them.  By about 82 there were a lot more options.

Adidas have gone downhill quality wise.
Back in the 80s their trainers were well made with a really firm arch support.
The last couple of pairs I've bought, Tobacco and Trim Trabb, have just been cheap low grade shite.
I'm only going to wear Clark's shoes from now on. I'd rather dress like a geography teacher than a brexit voter from Stoke.

My adidas Stockholm feel like I'm walking on bricks and sandpaper.
Last time I wore then walking around Edinburgh my heel was bleeding.
To call them sports shoes is laughable.
Unless sadistic foot torture is in the next Olympics.

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

My adidas Stockholm feel like I'm walking on bricks and sandpaper.
Last time I wore then walking around Edinburgh my heel was bleeding.
To call them sports shoes is laughable.
Unless sadistic foot torture is in the next Olympics.

I think I may have posted this before, but this Twitter feed really hits the nail on the head regarding Adidas aficionados.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adaedophiles?lang=en

On 12/12/2020 at 16:58, BillyAnchor said:

This would be mid to late 70s, Adidas also were around with Adidas Kick being the shoes everyone made fun of as only neds wore them.  By about 82 there were a lot more options.

no one made fun of Adidas Kick around my way, early doors it was the shoe to have, i had to make do with Gola, boaby nae names or Botra when my maw bought my shoes, as i got a bit older i was thankful for Christmas money

XVenVrg.jpg

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

IMG20201219083305.thumb.jpg.f8ec77cd1a9262783ee74c16428d6d0c.jpg

Burst these open today. 10 minutes into town, pishing down. Devastated. 

About ten years ago I bought a pair of suede Spring Court trainers from Oi Polloi.

The same thing happened, they got soaked and were completely fucked. One of them even changed to a slightly different colour. 

I just wear hiking boots in the winter now. 

Please settle an argument/ discussion.  Are my Adidas Touring considered a trainer or shoe?

Also, why do Adidas never seem to keep their sizes the same for each design of trainer?  These are size 9 and are a bit tight on me.  Usually size 9 is fine. Only worn them once for a short time because of that!

0667B8BF-98A6-4F9D-869C-A7E807B83722.jpeg

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Please settle an argument/ discussion.  Are my Adidas Touring considered a trainer or shoe?

Also, why do Adidas never seem to keep their sizes the same for each design of trainer?  These are size 9 and are a bit tight on me.  Usually size 9 is fine. Only worn them once for a short time because of that!

Try to get in to the dancing with them on. Bouncers are the arbiter of this dilemma.

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Any chance you could point me in the direction of where you got them? 

Everywhere I've looked online they're out of stock.