I like Air Max 1 Premiums, really nice shoe. Also prefer nike for the gym or football as Adidas fall apart or are really poorly made for sports.

If you want to rip someone for nike shoes then I guess I deserve some for buying these

nike-air-max-90-hyperfuse-olympic-4.jpg

I like them - haters gotta hate.

They look like they've been made out of a variety of different tubs of Play-Doh.

Probably my last pair till summer:

post-7814-0-65509200-1421153149_thumb.jp

I can understand why the modernists among us prefer those Adidas styles mentioned throughout the thread - they're clean, sharp and simple and are likely to complement the rest of their outfits. The popularity of some of the other styles can probably be attributed to the renaissance of certain classic 'dresser' styles and the rise of brands like 80s Casuals and Casual Connoisseur. This is a football forum, so it's fairly obvious why the likes of Hamburgs are regularly being name-dropped.

I had a look at the current Adidas styles while picking up my order in Size? I liked the Topangas, but the Gazelles, Trimm Stars and Spezials looked flimsy. I've never been a fan of Trimm Trabs, although I have a barely worn pair of 2010 World Cup special editions that I'll soon be looking to sell.

My switch from Adidas to Nike has coincided with getting older. Unfortunately, I don't have Dave J's build, so my clothes have become looser and my trainers (ignoring my converse) 'bigger' to match. There's also the comfort aspect. I don't think I've worn anything comfier than Air Max 1s or Pegasus 89s. The fact I find them aesthetically pleasing is a boon.

attachicon.gifNike Air Tailwind.jpg

I can understand why the modernists among us prefer those Adidas styles mentioned throughout the thread - they're clean, sharp and simple and are likely to complement the rest of their outfits. The popularity of some of the other styles can probably be attributed to the renaissance of certain classic 'dresser' styles and the rise of brands like 80s Casuals and Casual Connoisseur. This is a football forum, so it's fairly obvious why the likes of Hamburgs are regularly being name-dropped.

I had a look at the current Adidas styles while picking up my order in Size? I liked the Topangas, but the Gazelles, Trimm Stars and Spezials looked flimsy. I've never been a fan of Trimm Trabs, although I have a barely worn pair of 2010 World Cup special editions that I'll soon be looking to sell.

My switch from Adidas to Nike has coincided with getting older. Unfortunately, I don't have Dave J's build, so my clothes have become looser and my trainers (ignoring my converse) 'bigger' to match. There's also the comfort aspect. I don't think I've worn anything comfier than Air Max 1s or Pegasus 89s. The fact I find them aesthetically pleasing is a boon.

Mainly because they're BEASTS though.

attachicon.gifNike Air Tailwind.jpg

Despite poking fun at your junior convict plimsolls, I'm quite impressed by those retro style tailwinds. The thicker the swoosh, the more the classic look. Nice.

If I had to own a pair of Nikes these days it would be Internationalist. Classic style runner but look good with jeans.

Torn between getting the yellow Hamburgs with the black /// or the black ones with the orange ///. Also considered getting the yellow indoor Gazelles with white /// but the tongue is also white and that's too much, but I like the red heel cap.

Edit- or the blue Milanos with the golden /// but unlikely I'll get them.

Edited by Smurph

Torn between getting the yellow Hamburgs with the black /// or the black ones with the orange ///. Also considered getting the yellow indoor Gazelles with white /// but the tongue is also white and that's too much, but I like the red heel cap.

Edit- or the blue Milanos with the golden /// but unlikely I'll get them.

The yellow with the black /// look awful when you pick a pair up, much worse than photos. Have you considered the Vienna colourway? White with red ///? Fairly easy to get and look smart.

I only own the o.g. colourway, for me they are the best looking.

If you can find blue/gold Milanos I salute you!

I thought they looked all right irl but I'm kinda hesitant about wearing yellow ones which is another problem with the Gazelles. Vienna look great but I could never wear a pair of white shoes without getting them absolutely manky on the first day. I'll have another scout about. Left it a bit late with the sales.

Few people selling them on eBay but it's the authenticity I'm worried about. There's a guys who look legit but a 9.5. Might try and cut a 1.5 off my feet.

This is such an amateur question, but what's the point in 'indoor'?

I thought they looked all right irl but I'm kinda hesitant about wearing yellow ones which is another problem with the Gazelles. Vienna look great but I could never wear a pair of white shoes without getting them absolutely manky on the first day. I'll have another scout about. Left it a bit late with the sales.

Few people selling them on eBay but it's the authenticity I'm worried about. There's a guys who look legit but a 9.5. Might try and cut a 1.5 off my feet.

This is such an amateur question, but what's the point in 'indoor'?

The gazelle indoor are for 5 a sides. There's other indoor, such as indoor super which are for badminton or squash etc. They still look great with jeans though!

The best way to protect yourself on e-bay is only buy from UK sellers with plenty of feedback, and I mean PLENTY, at least 50 ratings going back a few months. If it's a sports retailer selling on there you'll be fine.

Are these what you're after: http://www.hanon-shop.com/i/q/M19672/adidas-hamburg-kopenhagen ?

• 2 weeks later...