Falkirk v Brechin 7/2/15

Gaz FFC

You didn't come close to getting a result ....while I thought you played reasonably well you were not winning the game at any stage

Absolute bull we ve played harder games in the 1st division ! We ve played yourselves ! Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton this season from Championship! And none of you were anything startling !

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You flatter yourself this was not our biggest game of the year. A day out in the Cup.

I though we played the game as it should. The only real grip I have about over physicality was fro your 36 up front who kept leaving his foot in after our defenders cleared the lines.

Mmmm. Amazing how we were asked to comment on the game and then it becomes a w**k fest on crowd numbers and who has developed players. No reasoned debating on the game then. For what its worth Ryan Gauld starting in the Brechin Boys club and is now breaking into the Sporting Lisbon team. But lets not starting getting cocks out.

On the game I did not think there was much in it in open play. I would accept our pen was soft but the one at the end was a stronger claim. We had opportunities and Falkirks keeper making two full length safes, we also missed a couple of other opportunities as did Falkirk. As usual the highlight on BBC and conversation afterwards did not do the game justice. As is generally the case full time training and fitness kicks in during the last 15 minutes.

Although this is our first defeat in 15 I do not think it will knock us out of our stride in the league.

Well done Brechin and congratulations to Falkirk.

That was his first start but, based on this game and in the glimpses we've seen previously I would agree that he is guilty of this and pushing too. Houstie needs to sort that or Morgan could be spending more time in the stand than on the pitch.

That was his first start but, based on this game and in the glimpses we've seen previously I would agree that he is guilty of this and pushing too. Houstie needs to sort that or Morgan could be spending more time in the stand than on the pitch.

Just put "McCulloch" on the back of his shirt and he'll be fine.

Absolute bull we ve played harder games in the 1st division ! We ve played yourselves ! Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton this season from Championship! And none of you were anything startling !

Really! Well! What!

To win games you need to score more goals than the opposition. That is where Brechin are inadequate. Imagine if Falkirk played well yesterday.

That really sums things up. Although one of the reasons Falkirk didn't play well was the organisation of the Brechin defence and midfield. They knew the players to close down and put pressure on.

It wasn't just Houston who did his homework on the opposition !! ;)

Please tell me when you were winning & therefore close to"getting a result" ...you were 1-0 down after ten minutes & were level for 24 minutes in the second half we were absolutely horrific..our worst performance since Palmerston away but I never thought for a minute we would lose this game...a replay maybe but never thought we would lose it...one thing though I thought the booking for Thomson was out of order cause I think it may have been a penalty ..certainly much more of one than the one you got .....i was a bit annoyed last night by one of your posters inferring we kicked you of the park which is something we aren't capable of other than that get intae these fifer b*****ds & good luck for the rest of the season

Please tell me when you were winning & therefore close to"getting a result" ...you were 1-0 down after ten minutes & were level for 24 minutes in the second half we were absolutely horrific..our worst performance since Palmerston away but I never thought for a minute we would lose this game...a replay maybe but never thought we would lose it...one thing though I thought the booking for Thomson was out of order cause I think it may have been a penalty ..certainly much more of one than the one you got .....i was a bit annoyed last night by one of your posters inferring we kicked you of the park which is something we aren't capable of other than that get intae these fifer b*****ds & good luck for the rest of the season

Ye I agree after seeing highlights our first pen was soft ! I thought over the price we were worth a draw ! You guys only stepped up the last ten minutes when we started to tire , I ve seen loads of good Falkirk teams and players over the years and this one is not one of them ! Those Fife b******ds have a helish record against us in recent seasons!

Ye I agree after seeing highlights our first pen was soft ! I thought over the price we were worth a draw ! You guys only stepped up the last ten minutes when we started to tire , I ve seen loads of good Falkirk teams and players over the years and this one is not one of them ! Those Fife b******ds have a helish record against us in recent seasons!

Yep you are right none of our players stood out yesterday....our best players are sibbald & loy...sibbs had a stinker & loy had one good run that led to our winner ..that was it ...I'm not surprised you thought we were rubbish cause every other falkirk supporter thought the same

The only reference I could see to anyone kicking anyone off the park came from yerself!!!! See below.

I did mention about Jackson getting some rough treatment from your centre half which resulted in him having an overnight stay in hospital.

Total & utter bullshit your team lived up to the part-time hammer thrower stereotypes perfectly ....you had a couple of chances where your player skied it over the bar & the other one where as usual McDonald made a routine save from a long shot look harder than it was ...Brechin look a dirty physical team just what I'd expect from part-time jokers

What do you mean shocking treatment to Sibbs? As far as we were concerned we could not belief Falkirk escaped any bookings in the first half for the number of late, heavy tackles they doled out. And we didn't just have the "odd chance". We had as many as Falkirk whose keeper had two great full length saves to save their bacon.

Feel free to ignore this post which illiceted my response " late heavy tackles" ...very funny

What a horrific decision the penalty kick was. From his position, it makes the ref out to be an even bigger cock, after giving that.

Disagree with Brechins' comments that fitness was the difference in the end. Our individual quality got us over in the line

What a horrific decision the penalty kick was. From his position, it makes the ref out to be an even bigger cock, after giving that.

Disagree with Brechins' comments that fitness was the difference in the end. Our individual quality got us over in the line

Maybe that's why we didn't get the stonewaller near the end ! Although from his angle it might appear as if Grant has his hands around Gerry.

I agree with you on the fitness part and you maybe have a point about individual quality even though that quality only reared it's head for a 10 minute spell around when you scored.

Yep you are right none of our players stood out yesterday....our best players are sibbald & loy...sibbs had a stinker & loy had one good run that led to our winner ..that was it ...I'm not surprised you thought we were rubbish cause every other falkirk supporter thought the same

Are you happy with draw ? Great chance to reach semis ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived