The NFL 2015 Draft Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This process seems to have lasted for ages.......and it's still over a month until the draft

Under a month - it is four weeks tomorrow. But totally agree - process has lasted forever, as always!

The Jags are doing a competition to announce two of their draft picks, 6 and 7 I believe. Well worth loads of P&B entries!

If I enter and win....I'm taking all of you with me

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bored as hell so did a mock draft. This is what I think should happen not what I think will happen.

1. Tampa Bay - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

2. Tennessee - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State

3. Jacksonville - Leonard Williams, DT, USC
4. Oakland - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
5. Washington - Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
6. Jets - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
7. Chicago - Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
8. Atlanta - Dante Fowler Jr, OLB, Florida
9. Giants - Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA
10. St Louis - Brandon Scherff, OG, Iowa
11. Minnesota - DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
12. Cleveland - Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Misouri
13. New Orleans - Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
14. Miami - Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
15. San Francisco - Malcolm Brown, DT, Texas
16. Houston Texans - La'El Collins, OT, LSU
17. San Diego - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
18. Kansas City - Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
19. Cleveland - Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska
20. Philadelphia - Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon
21. Cincinnati - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA
22. Pittsburgh - Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
23. Detroit - TJ Clemmings, OT, Pitt
24. Arizona - Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
25. Carolina - DJ Humphries, OT, Florida
26. Baltimore - Eric Rowe, CB, Utah
27. Dallas - Carl Davis, DT, Iowa
28. Denver - Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State
29. Indianapolis - Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson
30. Green Bay - Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
31. New Orleans - AJ Cann, OG, South Carolina
32. New England - Danny Shelton, NT, Washington
It's harder than you think.

Titans are desperately trying for a trade down. It's tragic really. If they are all in on Mettenberger (which is silly) then trading back to 6 ad picking up a top receiver would be a good option.

Miami LB Denzel Perryman is visiting the Jaguars on Monday, according to Aaron Wilson.

Miami WR Phillip Dorsett is visiting the Eagles on Monday, according to Aaron Wilson.

Eagles head coach Chip Kelly put Penn State DB Adrian Amos through a workout on PSU's campus.

Top running back Todd Gurley will visit the Patriots this week. I think he might be a great fit for the Pats offence and is a good replacement for Shane Vereen

Miami LB Denzel Perryman is visiting the Jaguars on Monday, according to Aaron Wilson.

Miami WR Phillip Dorsett is visiting the Eagles on Monday, according to Aaron Wilson.

Eagles head coach Chip Kelly put Penn State DB Adrian Amos through a workout on PSU's campus.

Top running back Todd Gurley will visit the Patriots this week. I think he might be a great fit for the Pats offence and is a good replacement for Shane Vereen

I can absolutely see Dorsett in an Eagles uniform, very similar in style to DeSean Jackson but with better hands.

Gurley would be a great fit in most systems really, the guy can do everything you'd ask of a running back at a crazy high level

I'm thinking the Giants go O-Line in the 1st round. Either Andrus Peat (Tackle, Stanford) or Brandon Scherff (Guard, Iowa).

I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Amari Cooper or Kevin White if there still on the board though. Victor Cruz's knee might not fully recover. For what it's worth though I think they will both be gone by then.

I'm thinking the Giants go O-Line in the 1st round. Either Andrus Peat (Tackle, Stanford) or Brandon Scherff (Guard, Iowa).

I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Amari Cooper or Kevin White if there still on the board though. Victor Cruz's knee might not fully recover. For what it's worth though I think they will both be gone by then.

So many mocks I saw last year had the Giants taking Taylor Lewan. While I'm glad to have him as he could be a stud LT for the next 10 years I don't think any team that drafted in the top 11 can say they're happy they didn't draft OBJ. Perhaps the Raiders.

I can see one of the receivers being there a 9, but really don't see it as a need for the Giants.

So many mocks I saw last year had the Giants taking Taylor Lewan. While I'm glad to have him as he could be a stud LT for the next 10 years I don't think any team that drafted in the top 11 can say they're happy they didn't draft OBJ. Perhaps the Raiders.

I can see one of the receivers being there a 9, but really don't see it as a need for the Giants.

Jerry Reese is famed for taking the best player on the board whether he is a need or not.

It's annoying that we can only watch the NFL coverage in the UK, ESPN seem better at avoiding spoilers

Last year when the Jaguars were on the clock Mike Mayock spent the entire 10 mins talking about whether it was Khalil Mack or Sammy Watkins, but when Dave Caldwell was calling the pick in, he said on live tv

I've been all over Khalil Mack at this pick, but I spent over 12 hours in their building last week, watching tape with their coaches, I know them all pretty well. If it's not Khalil Mack, think about a Quarterback who's name is not Johnny Manziel. I don't know this for a fact, but I know how they think. If it's not Khalil Mack, don't be shocked if Blake Bortles goes right here

He clearly got texted the pick

It's annoying that we can only watch the NFL coverage in the UK, ESPN seem better at avoiding spoilers

Last year when the Jaguars were on the clock Mike Mayock spent the entire 10 mins talking about whether it was Khalil Mack or Sammy Watkins, but when Dave Caldwell was calling the pick in, he said on live tv

He clearly got texted the pick

Or he just done his research, y'know, that thing what he gets paid to do for TV coverage...?

Archived