lichtie23

GingerSaint's Pre-Combine Top 5 Positional Rankings

QB

1. Marcus Mariota (Oregon)

2. Jameis Winston (Florida State)

3. Garrett Grayson (Colorado State)

4. Bryce Petty (Baylor)

5. Brett Hundley (UCLA)

First two guys are top 6 picks, I would pick up Grayson in the 3rd and the rest of the QB class is pretty useless.

RB

1. Todd Gurley (Georgia)

2. Duke Johnson (Miami)

3. Melvin Gordon (Wisconsin)

4. Ameer Abdullah (Nebraska)

5. Jay Ajayi (Boise State)

Gurley without injury would be a top 10 pick. I love Johnson, Abdullah and Ajayi and think they can be key starters in the NFL next year. They all bring something different on the ground but are all excellent pass catchers which is in direct contrast to last years RB class.

WR

1. Dorial Green-Beckham (Oklahoma/Missouri)

2. Kevin White (Wesy Virginia)

3. Amari Cooper (Alabama)

4. Sammie Coates (Auburn)

5. DeVante Parker (Louisville)

DGB won't go as high as his talent dictates but his game is ideal for a true WR1 int he NFL. I have been negative on Cooper because I think public perception is off. He will be a great and not elite player in the mould of Reggie Wayne/Roddy White IMO. Coates goes against everything I usually love in a WR - he has inconsistent hands and can develop as a route runner - but he has the opportunity to be so dominant.

TE

1. Maxx Williams (Minnesota)

2. Clive Walford (Miami)

3. Devin Funchess (Michigan)

4. Nick O'Leary (Florida State)

5. Jean Sifrin (UMass)

Williams is a 1st Rounder for sure. Walford is a personal favourite of mine but have heard that he won't run a good 40 this week. Regardless, the athleticism is there and he is a great blocker already. Funchess has so much athletic talent and upside but he has worse hands than Sammie Coates and think that's a fatal flaw in his game.

OL

1. TJ Clemmings (OT, Pitt)

2. La'El Collins (OT, LSU)

3. Brandon Scherff (OG, Iowa)

4. Ereck Flowers (OT, Miami)

5. Donovan Smith (OT, Penn State)

I'm by no means an expert in OL play and find it the most difficult to judge but Clemmings is a total beast in the run game. Similar to Greg Robinson last year in that he's a little raw and a destroyer in the run game (he's only played the position for 2 years) but he played RT his college career. Will a team be willing to take a RT that high, or switch him to LT and have a bedding in period?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDGE

1. Dante Fowler Jr (Florida)

2. Vic Beasley (Clemson)

3. Shane Ray (Missouri)

4. Alvin Dupree (Kentucky)

5. Eli Harold (Virginia)

Lots of different flavours here. Fowler is an all round guy, Beasley has the quick first step, Ray has the outside speed rush and Dupree is an athletic monster. Eli Harold is a favourite of mine and he seems to play at a different speed. So much explosion around the edge to destroy linemen.

DL

1. Leonard Williams (USC)

2. Eddie Goldman (Florida State)

3. Malcolm Brown (Texas)

4. Danny Shelton (Washington)

5. Carl Davis (Iowa)

Williams is a stud. His closing speed is unheard of for a man his size. Malcolm Brown has a great first step and often beats the linemen right off the snap. When you see Carl Davis play you forget he's over 300 pounds. He's very stout against the run and has nice hands to swim past linemen. All 5 should go in the first.

LB

1. Shaq Thompson (Washington)

2. Paul Dawson (TCU)

3. Eric Kendricks (UCLA)

4. Denzel Perryman (Miami)

5. Stephone Athony (Clemson)

The first 3 guys are all top 15 talents IMO. Thompsonis a turnover magnet and always making plays. Dawson has the best instincts and reacts very quickly but I've heard he has some character concerns. Kendricks might be the safest pick in the entire draft. Tackling machine and excellent in pass coverage.

CB

1. Marcus Peters (Washington)

2. Trae Waynes (Michigan State)

3. Kevin Johnson (Wake Forest)

4. Quinten Rollins (Miami OH)

5. Steven Nelson (Oregon State)

Ekpre-Olumu left out because of his injury as he won't be selected in the first 3-4 rounds. Peters has some character concerns but is a physical dude that plays press man very well. I like Corners with ball skills and Waynes has the best in the class, closely followed by Quinten Rollins.

S

1. Landon Collins (Alabama)

2. Anthony Harris (Virginia)

3. Cody Prewitt (Ole Miss)

4. Durell Eskridge (Syracuse)

5. Derron Smith (Fresno State)

I love Anthony Harris and think he could be a first rounder despite popular opinion being that it's Collins then nothing. After that there's not much top end talent but Cody Prewitt can sure hit.

Good read that Ginger but I disagree with a few. Melvin Gordon should be above Duke.

Schreff is the best O-Lineman in this years class

Loving Dante Fowler Jnr so happy with you putting him 1st.

I go Amari, DGB then White in the WR's.

Iv got Jamies before Marcus. Also I'd say Sean Mannion out of Oregon State should be in the top 5

Good read that Ginger but I disagree with a few. Melvin Gordon should be above Duke.

Schreff is the best O-Lineman in this years class

Loving Dante Fowler Jnr so happy with you putting him 1st.

I go Amari, DGB then White in the WR's.

Iv got Jamies before Marcus. Also I'd say Sean Mannion out of Oregon State should be in the top 5

I have an irrational hatred for Melvin Gordon. I think it's because he always tries to bounce it outside.

If you asked me tomorrow, I'd give you a completely different order of WR's.

I note that the Raiders really need a good WR for Carr, thoughts on Cooper as he seems to be the pundits' choice?

He's very quick (probably sub 4.40 so Al would be proud) and gets separation easily with crisp route running. He would work well with Carr in a quick hitting offense IMO. Definitely your WR1 from Week 1. He doesn't have the traits to be dominant physically like a Dez Bryant which is why I, and a lot of others, have Kevin White rated higher. That doesn't mean he can't make a great impact at the next level.

Think I'm with you about 99% on the offensive players GS (sorry to jinx you ;) ). I'm not actually familiar with Duke Johnson yet but I too am wary of Melvin Gordon. Certainly he has the talent but the games of his I've watched so far he looks like he could fumble every time someone touches him, scares the bejesus out of me. Also who was the last Wisconsin RB to do well in the NFL?

I note that the Raiders really need a good WR for Carr, thoughts on Cooper as he seems to be the pundits' choice?

Good player, very speedy and excellent technical attributes (route running, evading defenders, etc.) but his hands can be inconsistent. Not sure if it's an over confidence thing but I've seen him drop a fair number of easy passes (I'm about 3/5ths through his game tape plus what little I seen during the season). For a comparison I'd say a better version of Jordan Matthews from last year. DGB and Kevin White seem like more frightening prospects for defenders to face

Inconsistent???

Sit down youn

Go back and look at how many easy passes he drops. It's not exactly Kelvin Benjamin numbers but it's more than I'd expect from a first round pick

Anyone know what time the drills start today? What time is best to tune in?

The 40 yard dash is on just now, if its the actual position drills youre looking for I'll post it up when theyre if it's during the afternoon.

The boy is a stud. Looks a really good player

Absolutely he is, nobody is denying that. Any flaws are simply in comparison to the other guys around him, I'm not saying he's a Darius Heyward-Bay type or anything.

Phillip Dorsett has run the fastest 40 time of the WRs so far for anyone not watching, but a fair bit shy of Chris Johnsons record (4.35). The other notable guys all done pretty much what was expected, Devin Funchess was maybe a little slow (clocking in at 4.7). Kenny Bell was surprisingly quick, really liked the look of him from game tape I've seen but didnt realise he was as fast as his 4.4ish time)

The 40 yard dash is on just now, if its the actual position drills youre looking for I'll post it up when theyre if it's during the afternoon.

QB passing drills on just now if anyone is interested

Archived