The NFL 2015 Draft Thread

lichtie23

Indiana RB Tevin Coleman will miss this week's NFL Combine after undergoing foot surgery.

He will be fit for the Hoosiers pro day on April 15th

Disappointing. Guy was apparently in with a shout of fastest 40 time and whatever prize they get for that

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winston has off-field issues and feels like he could be a Manziel-esque fraud and I think he'll drop down the rankings when teams realise this. Mariota is OK/decent but a bit of a system QB and will probably level out as a low to medium end starter. A Ryan Tannehill kinda guy. Not a bad QB by any means, just not the franchise guy people think he is.

Since there doesn't appear to be much available at QB in the draft and there are alot of QB needy teams, some of them should be making trades. Philadelphia don't like Foles for some bizarre reason, someone should make a blockbuster trade to get him and they have a franchise QB for the next decade.

Never understand why NFL teams don't make more trades. GM's are way too afraid of making mistakes IMO.

Wouldnt surprise me if they did, for whatever reason they hate RG3 and Kirk Cousins based on a couple of bad games each. It'd be a very Redskins move to take another one to boost their crappy offence.

It'll be last chance saloon for RGIII this year I think. Apparently he's a total dick off field. Kirk Cousins meanwhile is a bad QB who should remain a backup.

Disappointing. Guy was apparently in with a shout of fastest 40 time and whatever prize they get for that

Perhaps amongst RB's but Phillip Dorsett has that on lock down. Maybe Devin Smith can challenge him.

Kirk Cousins meanwhile is a bad QB who should remain a backup.

Absolute nonesense. Cousins has all the physical attributes to be a top pocket passing QB. His numbers on that part were excellent. Problem for him is mental. One mistake and he goes into his shell. Sort the OL and both QBs could thrive.

I'm more worried about our run game if Cousins gets the nod

Absolute nonesense. Cousins has all the physical attributes to be a top pocket passing QB. His numbers on that part were excellent. Problem for him is mental. One mistake and he goes into his shell. Sort the OL and both QBs could thrive.

You are describing Mark Sanchez.

It'll be last chance saloon for RGIII this year I think. Apparently he's a total dick off field. Kirk Cousins meanwhile is a bad QB who should remain a backup.

See people throw that term around willy-nilly. Cousins isnt actually a bad QB, he's not a good one by any stretch but he's probably in the top 5 of backups and better than a couple of starters.

Perhaps amongst RB's but Phillip Dorsett has that on lock down. Maybe Devin Smith can challenge him.

Probably would have been, apparently he's been hitting low 4.30s in practice. Dorsett should manage that easily unless he turns out to be more of a game speed sort of athlete. If he (Coleman) gets anywhere close to that at their pro day it's not surprising that he's getting a lot of buzz, that's crazy speed for a guy over 6 feet and 200lbs!

Coleman seems to be all or nothing. He can break off big runs in the open field with his speed but he doesn't have any other moves which means he often goes down on first contact. On the other hand, guys like Ameer Abdullah and Duke Johnson who don't have quite the same speed have far better elusiveness. I guess you can't have it all (unless your name is Todd Gurley).

Dorial Green Beckham looks an absolute stud on the Missouri highlights Iv seen from 2013. Hopefully he hasn't lost that ability in his year out.

He is definitely a 1st round talent but with a lower round character. If this guy drops into the 3rd or 4th found then he could be the steal of the draft

@Gil_Brandt: Marcus Mariota will throw at the combine. That should put a lot of pressure on Winston. Could be looking at record number of QBs to throw.

@RapSheet: #FloridaSt QB Jameis Winston is planning to throw at the Combine, source said. Amping things up a bit.

Duke Johnson ain't getting much love from the "experts"

The Duke is my Teddy Bridgewater this year. I will defend him to my grave. He is a 3 down player who has the vision and lateral quickness to set up his blockers and bounce through the holes on the other side. His jump cut is fierce and has moves in the open field to bury defenders and consistently break off long gains. Lazy analysts will cite his size and pigeon hole him as a role playing outside the tackles back but that would be very foolish. He finishes runs between the tackle always falling forward and showing good balance to gain extra yards. He is and inside out runner who finds the edge at the second level unlike someone like Melvin Gordon or Jay Ajayi who always look for the edge first time. He's so aggressive in pass protection that he puts 6'2" TJ Yeldon to shame and his quick feet and mind allows him to detect and stop rushers from the other side of the pocket. He is also a great receiver and runs semi-decent routes. I could go on for days.

Draft question of the day lads.......

Does Todd Gurley's ACL injury drop him to the 2nd round?

He's not fit yet to participate in the combine is he?

I'd say probably not, cruciate ligament injuries are not the career enders they once were in sports and most athletes tend to make a full recovery from them. Micro-fractures in the legs and back and knee cap injuries tend to be the ones where you really have to question whether a guy can come back at even 90% from that. Concussions too would obviously be a bigger issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gurley goes higher even than most people are speculating and a team takes him in the top half of the first round. Atlanta and Minnesota both have a big need at the position, would they be able to pass on a prospect like that? Even Jacksonville if they aren't keen on the O linemen at the top and can trade back would be a nice fit

He's not fit yet to participate in the combine is he?

I'd say probably not, cruciate ligament injuries are not the career enders they once were in sports and most athletes tend to make a full recovery from them. Micro-fractures in the legs and back and knee cap injuries tend to be the ones where you really have to question whether a guy can come back at even 90% from that. Concussions too would obviously be a bigger issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gurley goes higher even than most people are speculating and a team takes him in the top half of the first round. Atlanta and Minnesota both have a big need at the position, would they be able to pass on a prospect like that? Even Jacksonville if they aren't keen on the O linemen at the top and can trade back would be a nice fit

Atlanta are in a perfect position to take whatever pass rusher falls to them. Devonta Freeman is good and they have far greater needs at positions of higher impact.

I think he will go in the 1st Round because of the scarcity of elite level talent. Any time after the Cardinals at 24 with the Chargers at 17 as a wildcard to draft him.

Archived