The NFL 2015 Draft Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an abundance of line talent early on. La'El Collins, Andrus Peat and Brandon Scherff are the top OT names although I can only comment on Scherff who is an excellent run blocker who needs improvement in pass pro. As for DL, Vic Beasely and Dante Fowler Jr are my favourites so far. But names being mentioned right now are Shane Ray, Shilique Calhoun, Bud Dupree and Eddie Goldman. Like I said there's a lot of talent.

Some would say #8 is too high for a LB this year but Washington's Shaq Thompson is a versatile athlete who has lines up all over the formation AND played the last three games at RB full time (due to injuries) and finished with a line of 52/372/1. I would use a top 10 pick on him. I want him on my team regardless of position/fit.

Is it a given the top two QBs are going top 5? Are they that good?

I understand this isn't like 2012 but are these guys better than the 2014 first rounders?

Both of them are better than Manziel/Carr were considered last year but I'd still rather have Teddy than Mariota (I'm biased though). I definitely don't think it's a given that they are top 5, especially with Winston's off field problems which could be a red flag. The concerns with Mariota are that he plays in a very easy system that doesn't require him to consistently make NFL throws into tight windows. A tight window to the Oregon offense is 2 yards of space.

There are so many teams in need of a QB this year that I don't think we will see the long wait like we did last year. Bucs, Titans, Jets, Rams and Texans are in desperate need whilst the Browns have also not ruled out taking a QB with one of their two picks.

Bills looking for a QB 1st round?

No 1st Round pick after they traded up to get Sammy Watkins.

I think they are pretty happy with Orton

Orton retired. They're stuck with EJ Manuel at the moment. Lol.

No 1st Round pick after they traded up to get Sammy Watkins.

Orton retired. They're stuck with EJ Manuel at the moment. Lol.

Ouch. Marrone walked out too, it's a pity because they nearly look like a decent team.

Tbf wouldn't be a bad move for the Bills or Browns or someone of that ilk. There is a decent QB in Cousins - if he can get over his mental cap.

Disagree. Trading for Cousins would be a bad move for any team. If I was a GM at one of the QB needy teams I'd be trying to trade for Mike Glennon since Lovie Smith bizarrely doesn't like him.

Archived