The NFL 2015 Draft Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State's Cardale Jones good form might have went to his head......he is considering declaring for the draft

I was listening to a guy talk about him the other night and he made a decent point, with the way Ohio State play he might learn more getting drafted and being a back up for a couple of seasons as he would staying at OSU for another season and playing in their offence, theres no guarantee he would start next year either.

I was listening to a guy talk about him the other night and he made a decent point, with the way Ohio State play he might learn more getting drafted and being a back up for a couple of seasons as he would staying at OSU for another season and playing in their offence, theres no guarantee he would start next year either.

He could transfer and probably be guaranteed a start. I read that Braxton Miller could transfer to Arkansas. Jones is in no way pro ready but there is certainly potential

He could transfer and probably be guaranteed a start. I read that Braxton Miller could transfer to Arkansas. Jones is in no way pro ready but there is certainly potential

He would become more pro ready as a back up learning an NFL offence than he would playing at Ohio State though, their offence is nothing like he would play in the pros.

Can Jones transfer and play next year though? I've heard Miller can because he has completed his degree but not sure about Jones.

As far as declaring goes, this QB class is absolutely horrific and a lot of people I trust say that he would be a day 2 prospect.

Alot of people seem to be thinking that way. I cant make up my mind on who the bucs should draft, orginally wanted Winston but switched to Mariota and now im leaning back to Winston :wacko:

Is Glennon really that bad? I'd honestly have hime at the Titans to fight it out with Mett. If the Titans take any of these two with the second pick I'll be raging.

When was the last time a top 10 QB clicked? Probably Luck. I know I ridicule him but there is no doubt he's a top 10 QB in the league. It's how much he's overhyped that annoys me.

2014 - #3 Blake Bortles

2012 - #1 Andrew Luck

2012 - #2 Robert Griffen III

2011 - #1 Cam Newton

2011 - #8 Jake Locker

2011 - #10 Blaine Gabbert

2010 - #1 Sam Bradford

2009 - #1 Matthew Stafford

2009 - #5 Mark Sanchez

2008 - #3 Matt Ryan

2007 - #1 JaMarcus Russell

2006 - #3 Vince Young

2006 - #10 Matt Leinart

2005 - #1 Alex Smith

So 14 top 10 picks in the last 10 drafts. Only 6 are full time starters and 3 are out of the league. Only 8 have featured in a playoff game.

NONE have played in a Superbowl.

I'm sure the various strip joints in Tampa are hoping for Winston. He's pretty thick but he's a better QB than say Vince Young. With Evans and Jackson whoever is drafted will be going to a team with quality weapons.

Is Glennon really that bad? I'd honestly have hime at the Titans to fight it out with Mett. If the Titans take any of these two with the second pick I'll be raging.

When was the last time a top 10 QB clicked? Probably Luck. I know I ridicule him but there is no doubt he's a top 10 QB in the league. It's how much he's overhyped that annoys me.

2014 - #3 Blake Bortles

2012 - #1 Andrew Luck

2012 - #2 Robert Griffen III

2011 - #1 Cam Newton

2011 - #8 Jake Locker

2011 - #10 Blaine Gabbert

2010 - #1 Sam Bradford

2009 - #1 Matthew Stafford

2009 - #5 Mark Sanchez

2008 - #3 Matt Ryan

2007 - #1 JaMarcus Russell

2006 - #3 Vince Young

2006 - #10 Matt Leinart

2005 - #1 Alex Smith

So 14 top 10 picks in the last 10 drafts. Only 6 are full time starters and 3 are out of the league. Only 8 have featured in a playoff game.

NONE have played in a Superbowl.

Why just top 10? Joe Flacco and Aaron Rodgers were 1st Round picks and they worked out well. Also wasn't Ryan Tanehill taken 7 overall in 2012?

Regardless, what's the alternative? Give me a list of 2nd, 3rd and lower round QB's and I'll show you an even worse success rate. The nature of the position dictates that very few people on the planet can win a Super Bowl. Should teams just stop taking QB's? There is no easy way to get a franchise QB, but out of all those ways, the most effective is drafting your guy in the 1st round.

Mariota and Winston deserve to be top 10 picks. What's happening to Mariota is exactly what happened to Teddy last year. Consensus number 1 for so long that it's boring to write about so people try to pick holes in his game and be hipster. I'm not saying you can't think Winston is better than Mariota but the overwhelming way in which writers approach the topic is just like 2014.

GingerSaints top 5 positional rankings

QB

1. Marcus Mariota (Oregon)

2. Jameis Winston (Florida State)

3. Garrett Grayson (Colorado State)

4. Bryce Petty (Baylor)

5. Brett Hundley (UCLA)

RB

1. Todd Gurley (Georgia)

2. Duke Johnson (Miami)

3. Melvin Gordon (Wisconsin)

4. Tevin Coleman (Indiana)

5. Jay Ajayi (Boise State)

WR

1. Kevin White (West Virginia)

2. Amari Cooper (Alabama)

3. Sammie Coates (Auburn)

4. DeVante Parker (Lousiville)

5. Dorial Green Beckham (Oklahoma/Missouri)

TE

1. Devin Funchess (Michigan)

2. Maxx Williams (Minnesota)

3. Clive Warford (Miami)

4. Nick O'Leary (Florida State)

5. Jean Sifrin (UMass)

Archived