3. Shane Ray (Missouri)

4. Bud Dupree (Kentucky)

5. Eli Harold (Virginia)

LB

1. Shaq Thompson (Washington)

2. Paul Dawson (TCU)

3. Eric Kendricks (UCLA)

4. Denzel Perryman (Miami)

5. Bernardrick McKinney (Mississippi State)

CB

1. Ifo Ekpre-Olumu (Oregon)

2. Trae Waynes (Michigan State)

3. Ladarius Gunter (Miami)

4. Kevin Johnson (Wake Forest)

5. Quinten Rollins (Miami OH)

S

1. Landon Collins (Alabama)

2. Gerod Holliman (Louisville)

3. Derron Smith (Fresno State)

4. Jalen Mills (LSU)

5. Anthony Harris (Virginia)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's something about Amari that I just don't like. Strikes me as a 10 year player that will never reach the very very top. Big slot receiver in the mould of Reggie Wayne for me. That's not a bad thing but I wouldn't be happy if the Jets took him at #6 like absolutely everyone is predicting.

RE the QB discussion: If I ran a team needing a QB I'd be trading for Mike Glennon, from what I've seen of him he's capable and considering the lack of options in free agency/the draft he's easily the best option. Bizarre that Tampa don't rate him and look like wasting an early pick on Winston/Mariota.

Mariota I think is way over-rated. He'll be a perfectly fine starter but no chance of ever being an elite kinda guy. The system at Oregon made him look better than he is IMO. Winston is a Manziel-esque mess and should be avoided.

Crazy how much better Bridgewater is than any of the other QB's from last year's draft. Really looked like he was making strides towards the end of the season, he'll be a top 10 guy eventually. Meanwhile I will laugh hard when it dawns on everyone how bad Blake Bortles actually is.

Anybody watching the Shrine Game tonight? Couple of decent names in the mix there and a few guys who'll need to put in big performances to raise their value. Hopefully be more interesting than last year's at least

Unfortunately I still have no internet but will be tracking it. Tre McBride is the guy I'm looking out for. Super talented.

Yeah theres a few guys at WR who could be interesting prospects. McBride, former QB Devin Gardner and Darren Waller are all guys worth keeping an eye on. A lot of buzz about Blake Bell the last couple of days too, another former QB making the switch to TE

The North Dakota State RB is meant to be decent can't remember his name though.

Aye, Crockett I think it is? He played most of the first quarter and looked pretty solid. Looks a bit like a more agile version of Andre Williams. Terrance Magee out of LSU has looked really nifty at RB. Was looking at some other opinions of him from before the game and most people weren't impressed but he looks better than some of the guys who were out in last years class at least. I'd trust him to do a solid job if he landed in a starting role somewhere

Other notes so far(although I was on the phone for a bit so I'm running like a half hour behind):

- Anthony Chickillo from Miami has been outstanding at DE. Just mopping up everything in the run game and putting on a lot of pressure in pass rush.

- Zadarius Smith of Kentucky has been really good rushing the QB and has made a few plays, been taken off the field for quite a few plays though. Would like to see him opposite Chickillo for a few plays.

- Michigan LB Jake Ryan has been really solid too, he's been the guy to stop a couple of the aforementioned Crockett's big play chances.

- Oregon LB Tony Washington has burst his arse but hasnt really had that 'wow' moment yet. Wouldnt be surprised if it happened at some point though.

- Josh Shaw of USC has probably been the standout DB, again 110% effort and has made a couple of plays but nothing standout-ish.

- Like last year, all of the QBs so far have been a disaster. Cant imagine any of them making an NFL roster in any capacity. Cody Fajardo has been the best so far, Nevada's Kaepernick replacement, but even then he's not reading the defence well and a lot of off target passes. Still to see Dylan Thompson of South Carolina and Hutson Mason from Georgia but I'm not expecting much.

ETA: Mason came in for a bit in the 2nd half and actually looked pretty decent. Definitely a game manager type but compared to the others he was very accurate on his short-mid range throws and had decent power behind them too. Looked a bit David Fales-esque but with actual strength in his passes. Dylan Thompson played in the 4th quarter and was the worst of the 3 West QBs, threw a terrible INT and looked a bit of a weak arm.

Louisville RB Dominique Brown has had an awesome second half too, couple of big runs and consistently making decent progress through the middle, good looking power runner.

• 4 weeks later...

Redskins won't take a QB and neither should they. hoping to trade back to build the lines

Wouldnt surprise me if they did, for whatever reason they hate RG3 and Kirk Cousins based on a couple of bad games each. It'd be a very Redskins move to take another one to boost their crappy offence.

Wouldnt surprise me if they did, for whatever reason they hate RG3 and Kirk Cousins based on a couple of bad games each. It'd be a very Redskins move to take another one to boost their crappy offence.

'Skins got a proper GM now. It wouldn't shock me if they are not trying to thrash out a deal with Eagles as rumour has it then wanting to move up the draft board.

OL, DL, S imho

Archived