The NFL 2015 Draft Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You obviously rate Mariota.

Would you be happy if the Jets traded from #6 to #2 and give up a similar trade to the Redskins/Rams for RGIII? I know that's unlikely as that trade was ridiculous. But say swap first rounders in 2015 and a 2nd & 2016 1st & 2nd?

No. We're not just a QB away so that would be massively short sighted to give up multiple valuable picks.

I've always been a fan of letting the draft come to you and if we get Mariota that's fine. Id we don't, we wait one more year. We need to avoid being in a situation like the Bills where it's almost impossible for them to get a franchise QB.

He shouldn't make it past 1.

I'm sure he will though and I'm sure he'll make it to the Jets and I'm sure we'll pick a useless defender who can't tackle for shit instead. Exactly like 2013 and Teddy B.

Rumours now saying Eagles will offer to trade with Jets 6th pick as they would be hard pressed for an easy deal with the Skins - Jets would consider?

Would the Jets really take that without a kings ransom? Others being mentioned for possible trade are Texans and Rams

The Eagles would be idiots to trade up for Mariota. They have a better QB already in Foles (even if he is not ideal for their system) and would have to give up a hell of a lot to get him. If the Jets could get a couple of first and him for the 6th pick if Mariota falls then they will be making out like bandits.

The Eagles would be idiots to trade up for Mariota. They have a better QB already in Foles (even if he is not ideal for their system) and would have to give up a hell of a lot to get him. If the Jets could get a couple of first and him for the 6th pick if Mariota falls then they will be making out like bandits.

Well if Foles isnt the right fit for the system and Mariota then they dont really have a better QB do they? If they think that's the piece of the puzzle theyre missing then more power to them.

Foles better than Mariota?

Mmmm it's close for me. Foles is better than he's looked under Chip Kelly's Eagles, if he was on the Bears/Buccs or even the Jets now I think he could put up great numbers again, very talented passer and a much better arm than Mariota.

When you factor in the dual threat/read option ability that Mariota has though I think it comes out pretty equal, Mariota clearly being the better fit for Chip

Foles is garbage. He had one good year playing in a great system and a large majority of his would be interceptions were dropped. He has a nasty habit of throwing the ball in the middle of the field into triple coverage for no reason whatsoever.

Foles is garbage. He had one good year playing in a great system and a large majority of his would be interceptions were dropped. He has a nasty habit of throwing the ball in the middle of the field into triple coverage for no reason whatsoever.

You could just as easily say the opposite for his one bad year to make my point...

I've not worded that great, I mean more he's shown he takes risks and pushes things and I think he's shown he knows what he is doing at a level he's never worked at before. He for me deserves some trust rather than commanding it

Archived