Question Time

Elixir

3 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I've never understood the anger against 'career politicians', is politics the only line of work where experience in the field is considered a bad thing?

The "never held a real job" wouldn't be my objection. I do think it leads to the sort of shite we see now where parties talk about listening to the people instead of standing on principles.

3 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Ahmed-Sheikh saying "that's good coming from a Tory" - would have been scenes if he'd come back & replied "and that's good coming from an ex-Tory carpetbagger."

You do realize she went from Conservative to Labour, before going to the SNP?

Tasmina is a fucking cliche bot. That she has any position in the SNP is an embarrassment.

Shes the archetypal career politician. Says nothing interesting and is interested only in advancing her own career.

Just now, jmothecat said:

Let slip saying she 'represents Scotland' there.

Stupid thing to say really. Some of the sheer gangs in that crowd look like they're prepared to slit her throat in a dark alley somewhere.

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

I've never understood the anger against 'career politicians', is politics the only line of work where experience in the field is considered a bad thing?

I'd agree to an extent, especially re Clinton and Trump, but in the UK going straight into Party researcher or MP assistant after uni and carrying up the political ladder means you spend your whole life indoctrinated inside the Westminster or Holyrood bubble, and you'll lose touch with the reality of peoples' lives and perspectives, and even start speaking in a different language. When's the last time a new Labour MP came through from shop steward, union organiser and Ruskin College?

Edited by welshbairn

Surely the SNP can dredge up a better representative than that screechy harridan, I wouldtn' allow her to choose which milk I should buy never mind anything important.

Edited by ayrmad

The only woman who wasn't losing her shit was that Trump supporting one.

They may very well be angry that Trump has won, but Yvette Cooper, Tasmina and Sarah just came across as annoying. They aren't doing woman any favours.

Instead of having a wee strop about the likes of Brexit and Trump winning, maybe these types should try and figure out why people are voting for these apparently bad things, and more importantly how they can change people's minds. Maybe they just have to accept their views are now the minority views.

I thought the American professor (wid) was going to nut the Republican lass at one stage. The SNP girl was always going to get it tight in somewhere like Southend. It's a pity there wasn'ta lot more Brexit chat as she could have trolled f**k out of that audience. They were there for the taking really. I thought the Republican did ok given the absolutely shite hand she was playing with. 

QT is ridiculous these days- the panel don't answer the questions they are asked and instead just answer a question that they want or launch into a monologue about a barely related subject.

The way the crowd start vigorously clapping any time someone says ANYTHING they agree with stops the debate continually and reduces it to one sentence sound bites.

51 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

QT is ridiculous these days- the panel don't answer the questions they are asked and instead just answer a question that they want or launch into a monologue about a barely related subject.

The way the crowd start vigorously clapping any time someone says ANYTHING they agree with stops the debate continually and reduces it to one sentence sound bites.

They don't answer most of the questions because they're fucking stupid questions to begin with. Questions like "Why are the political establishment trampling all over my right to free speech?" (Generally the type of question from some KKK sympathizer)

The audience are encouraged to clap by the production crew and DD before the show begins.