Question Time

Elixir

2 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

As I've said many times before. It was the direction of travel towards an EU Empire. The move towards an EU state is as scary as it is doomed to failure. 

As said before, I love Europe and it's amazing cultural diversity. I simply don't feel the need to support a political entity that stops the UK from achieving it's full potential.

You mean the EU is going to attempt to do a UK by attempting a unitary-state-forming incorporating union? Well, if it's a thing to be avoided, I assume we must proceed in dismantling the UK forthwith. It's stopped Scotland achieving its full potential for centuries now. You certainly make the UK model sound a frightening and intolerable political swindle; thank God the EU has not attempted it.

2 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

As I've said many times before. It was the direction of travel towards an EU Empire. The move towards an EU state is as scary as it is doomed to failure. 

As said before, I love Europe and it's amazing cultural diversity. I simply don't feel the need to support a political entity that stops the UK from achieving it's full potential.

But you expect Scottish voters to support an entity that stops Scotland from achieving it's full potential.

17 hours ago, Antlion said:

You mean the EU is going to attempt to do a UK by attempting a unitary-state-forming incorporating union? Well, if it's a thing to be avoided, I assume we must proceed in dismantling the UK forthwith. It's stopped Scotland achieving its full potential for centuries now. You certainly make the UK model sound a frightening and intolerable political swindle; thank God the EU has not attempted it.

We've had this conversation several times and I have told you not to compare the   failing,  fractured and disintegrating Empire of Europe with the stable and benign Union of Great Britain and N.Ireland as they are two different entities with differing ambitions and different cultures.

7 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Just watching QT from last night. Labour lassie saying that she voted in favour of article 50 because she "respects the democratic will of the people" but 5 mins ago she didn't have much "respect for the democratic will" of the American people....

Do you mean the 3 million votes?

You said she had no regard for the democratic will of the American people, who voted for Hillary by a margin of 3 million votes.

She actually got around 1.3 million more.
The majority of people in Scotland voted against the SNP in the last election yet we send 55 SNP MPs to Westminster and they make up the government at Holyrood despite most Scots voting against them.
By your logic the SNP have no right to make any decisions.

The flaw there being that no other party got more votes than the SNP, and thus the analogy is completely pointless. Hilary Clinton got more votes than Donald Trump.

Not that it matters of course. Trump won the election because Clinton is a shitgibbon.