Question Time

Elixir

You care about how Britain votes but not Scotland, you're a britsh nationalist. And nothing better will just 'come along' you have to decide what you think is better and strive for it.and independence is a ' real' issue that fundamentally affects all other issues, bizarre to suggest it's not.

I only care how the parliament as a whole is made because that's how we're governed. Nothing to do with being a British nationalist.

I only care how the parliament as a whole is made because that's how we're governed. Nothing to do with being a British nationalist.

Youcare how Britain votes but ' don't give a fuk' how Scotland votes. That makes you a British nationalist.

I'm aware thats how we're governed, and Scotland is irrelevant in that system, hence my whole problem with it. You endorse the status quo, I don't.

Edited by Peppino Impastato

The SNP have enjoyed a remarkable period of growth over the last 20 years to secure such a power base. They've got at least another five years to show what they can really do with that level of control before any chance of a 2nd Ref.

My desperate desperate hope is that by 2021 their performance will shore up the No vote. The Yes supporters will trot out the line 'it's not about the SNP' again, but as the real driving force behind separatism in Scotland, I think we will have seen enough.

Fixed that to better express your desperate regionalist prayers. And it was all supposed to just go away after 2014, right? 😂

Leave the Union in Westminster and jump straight into the arms of a Union in Brussels. Strange position for a committed Nationalist.

Is pretending not to know the difference between an incorporating union that makes a single state out of pre-existing states and a loose, supranational confederation of equal nations a prerequisite amongst the more servile and craven of BritNats?

It's been explained multiple times but the Uncle Tams are still willing to play the unknowing fool and scratch their heads in mock idiocy in the mistaken belief they're somehow defending the Union Jack.

Will you be taking your lead from her majesty who (according to senior Tories and the sun) is Britain's most senior Eurosceptic?

I'll be voting to stay in, irrespective of HM's private view. Better to try and change from within, rather than shouting over the garden fence.

Is pretending not to know the difference between an incorporating union that makes a single state out of pre-existing states and a loose, supranational confederation of equal nations a prerequisite amongst the more servile and craven of BritNats?

It's been explained multiple times but the Uncle Tams are still willing to play the unknowing fool and scratch their heads in mock idiocy in the mistaken belief they're somehow defending the Union Jack.

You're a fuckin great poster man

I'll be voting to stay in, irrespective of HM's private view. Better to try and change from within, rather than shouting over the garden fence.

Presumably you want to reform the EU so that it becomes a single nation state, with Westminster closed up until Brussels allows a referendum on whether to reconvene it as a devolved assembly? It would be strange for such an ardent "unionist" not to want what is apparently so wonderful a deal for Scotland to apply to the UK too. Don't you want the UK to get what Scotland gets - one of "the most powerful devolved parliaments in the world"?

Presumably you want to reform the EU so that it becomes a single nation state, with Westminster closed up until Brussels allows a referendum on whether to reconvene it as a devolved assembly? It would be strange for such an ardent "unionist" not to want what is apparently so wonderful a deal for Scotland to apply to the UK too. Don't you want the UK to get what Scotland gets - one of "the most powerful devolved parliaments in the world"?

the best of both worlds a strong Westminster parliament and the safety and security of a larger union

A supranational confederation of equal nations!? and you decry us as 'unknowing fools' !?

Much bigger countries than us, Spain Portugal and Greece for example might disagree.

Youcare how Britain votes but ' don't give a fuk' how Scotland votes. That makes you a British nationalist.

I'm aware thats how we're governed, and Scotland is irrelevant in that system, hence my whole problem with it. You endorse the status quo, I don't.

I care how Scotland votes as much as I do any other group of 59 constituencies that don't include my own. It doesn't make me a British nationalist, I just understand the make up of the parliament that governs me. The parliament isnt broken up in the countries. Edited by BerwickMad

A supranational confederation of equal nations!? and you decry us as 'unknowing fools' !?

Much bigger countries than us, Spain Portugal and Greece for example might disagree.

And each one has a veto. This must disappoint you, though, as a self-proclaimed "unionist", you appear to want smaller members of unions to be outvoted wherever possible. Presumably the EU doesn't go far enough for someone who supports the UK model of "union".

I care how Scotland votes as much as I do any other group of 59 constituencies that don't include my own. It doesn't make me a British nationalist, I just understand the make up of the parliament that governs me. The parliament isnt broken up in the countries.

Yeah that's the whole point champ, meaning Scotland can be and regularly is outvoted. People who aren't servile have a problem with this.

You view Scotland as 'a constituency' and couldn't give a f**k' how it votes therefore you're a self loathing britnats. I couldn't give a f**k how the uk votes personally, I only care how Scotland votes.

Edited by Peppino Impastato

And each one has a veto. This must disappoint you, though, as a self-proclaimed "unionist", you appear to want smaller members of unions to be outvoted wherever possible. Presumably the EU doesn't go far enough for someone who supports the UK model of "union".

No at all, but I do believe we are stronger as a Union in maintaining the place we already have in Europe. We also have a better chance of improving how the EU works as a stable union within it.

The Eurozone has undoubtedly weakened the finances of the countries mentioned or at least played a significant part in their current instability, but let's not get started on currency eh?

No at all, but I do believe we are stronger as a Union in maintaining the place we already have in Europe. We also have a better chance of improving how the EU works as a stable union within it.

The Eurozone has undoubtedly weakened the finances of the countries mentioned or at least played a significant part in their current instability, but let's not get started on currency eh?

being in the uk has been pretty fuckin devastating for Scotlandseconomy too as Iit happens, 15 billion black hole at last count.

So just to be clear, you think incorporating union with a devolved parliament in return is good enough for Scotland but not good enough for the UK?

Strange position for a committed incorporating unionist.

Edited by Antlion

Goodness gracious me the Britnats on here are quite the bunch of servile, deferential forelocktuggers aren't they?

You missed out craven, gutless and cowardly Fide.

Who would want to join a group of people that held you in such contempt, it's a tough one? The levels of Nationalist seething spit and bile continue to flow unabated almost bordering on hatred. It's not particularly engaging is it. Who would want such bitterness in their life? No thanks.

There was one guy on here who even f*cking banned HIMSELF from an on-line forum, so unable he was to contain his anger, resentment and animosity after the Ref, how depressingly sad is that?

You missed out craven, gutless and cowardly Fide.

Who would want to join a group of people that held you in such contempt, it's a tough one? The levels of Nationalist seething spit and bile continue to flow unabated almost bordering on hatred. It's not particularly engaging is it. Who would want such bitterness in their life? No thanks.

There was one guy on here who even f*cking banned HIMSELF from an on-line forum, so unable he was to contain his anger, resentment and animosity after the Ref, how depressingly sad is that?

You mean like Scotland being part of the uk where we are held in such contempt we are referred to as scrounging jocks in the national press on a daily basis? Edited by Peppino Impastato

So just to be clear, you think incorporating union with a devolved parliament in return is good enough for Scotland but not good enough for the UK?

Strange position for a committed incorporating unionist.

It's not perfect by any stretch, but I'm content with our partnership within the United Kingdom and in turn our place in the EU. Most agreed in the 2014 Ref and reckon we'll see a similar result (% share of the vote) come June. It's not an unusual stance to take up at all.

It's not perfect by any stretch, but I'm content with our partnership within the United Kingdom and in turn our place in the EU. Most agreed in the 2014 Ref and reckon we'll see a similar result (% share of the vote) come June. It's not an unusual stance to take up at all.

doesn't know the meaning of the word 'partnership'.