Question Time

Elixir

Nice deflection albeit a tired one. If the question was irrelevant why did she not simply dismiss it? The Question arises again because of the well touted line, If the UK votes out and Scotland votes in there will be a clamour for a 2nd Ref yes? It's a little over 3 months away, surely therefore it's a legitimate challenge right now?

There may well be demands to reassess Scotland's constitutional position if its status as a minor part of North Britain with no control over its membership of supranational unions is so starkly illustrated, yes. But Neil didn't mention a word about that. His entire line of questioning was predicated on the scenario that Scotland was currently preparing to establish itself as a sovereign state. It is not.

....and likewise the desperate angry bitterness from you my friend, it oozes out of your every post.

I'll say it again, Sturgeon had every opportunity to outline what the SNP alternative to continuing a programme of tightening public spending or raising taxes. She either didn't want to answer or just couldn't.

there is no alternative cause we're part of the uk don't you understand that since we decided to continue to let England choose our governments and they chose tory as they normally do our budget will be cut. The snp has the power only to fddle rround the edges.

There may well be demands to reassess Scotland's constitutional position if its status as a minor part of North Britain with no control over its membership of supranational unions is so starkly illustrated, yes. But Neil didn't mention a word about that. His entire line of questioning was predicated on the scenario that Scotland was currently preparing to establish itself as a sovereign state. It is not.

Scotland may not be preparing itself for another rush at Independence but Nikki certainly is. Did she not confirm that determination over the weekend, (to be re-launched this summer)?

We voted No, and until you realise why we did, you will continue to move further and further away. Dismissed as Britnats, Uncle Tams, Servile Scots..etc..it's hardly engaging is it? You continue to question our patriotism and claim it as your own without considering how insulting that may be. Crack on though, it's all good!

Scotland may not be preparing itself for another rush at Independence but Nikki certainly is. Did she not confirm that determination over the weekend, (to be re-launched this summer)?

We voted No, and until you realise why we did, you will continue to move further and further away. Dismissed as Britnats, Uncle Tams, Servile Scots..etc..it's hardly engaging is it? You continue to question our patriotism and claim it as your own without considering how insulting that may be. Crack on though, it's all good!

No one questions your patriotism - you (not all no voters) are a British patriot: an outspoken supporter of UK sovereignty and statehood. You are not a Scottish patriot. In fact, you're ideologically opposed to Scottish patriotism.

Sturgeon did posit a renewed rush to consult the public on independence and address concerns around it. What else would one expect from an FM who believes in Scottish sovereignty and statehood? Quite how that requires explaining what Scotland will do when it doesn't become independent next week is anyone's guess.

Edited by Antlion

there is no alternative cause we're part of the uk don't you understand that since we decided to continue to let England choose our governments and they chose tory as they normally do our budget will be cut. The snp has the power only to fddle rround the edges.

We (Scotland) supported a Labour Government in London for 13 years. I never voted for them once.

We (Scotland) supported a Labour Government in London for 13 years. I never voted for them once.

And if no one in Scotland had voted Labour for those thirteen years we'd still have got a Labour government. You're really not willing to acknowledge that Scotland's paltry 59 seats mean England's choice of MPs decisively form its governments, are you?

Of course, perhaps you just think that's just fine because you don't recognise Scotland as a nation, and are happy for England's much larger population to choose its sovereign governments with the bizarre justification that occasionally we don't disagree with their choice.

Edited by Antlion

"Are you a patriot?"

"Yes."

"Do you want your country to be a sovereign nation state."

"Absolutely not. I want it to be an easily outvoted part of another nation state."

"Spoken like a true patriot."

Because that conversation makes absolute sense.

No one questions your patriotism - you (not all no voters) are a British patriot: an outspoken supporter of UK sovereignty and statehood. You are not a Scottish patriot. In fact, you're ideologically opposed to Scottish patriotism.

Sturgeon did posit a renewed rush to consult the public on independence and address concerns around it. What else would one expect from an FM who believes in Scottish sovereignty and statehood? Quite how that requires explaining what Scotland will do when it doesn't become independent next week is anyone's guess.

A Scottish Brit, British Scot, just a Scot or Brit, honestly it doesn't matter to me. Family and friends reach the four corners of the U.K. I really can see both sides of the argument believe it or not. I'll bet there is a huge number of Scots who feel the same way.

Not so much an immovable object, just OK with who we are and where we are.

A Scottish Brit, British Scot, just a Scot or Brit, honestly it doesn't matter to me. Family and friends reach the four corners of the U.K. I really can see both sides of the argument believe it or not. I'll bet there is a huge number of Scots who feel the same way.

Not so much an immovable object, just OK with who we are and where we are.

Fair dinkum.

And if no one in Scotland had voted Labour for those thirteen years we'd still have got a Labour government. You're really not willing to acknowledge that Scotland's paltry 59 seats mean England's choice of MPs decisively form its governments, are you?

Of course, perhaps you just think that's just fine because you don't recognise Scotland as a nation, and are happy for England's much larger population to choose its sovereign governments with the bizarre justification that occasionally we don't disagree with their choice.

We vote as a union, for the UK government we elect. We had the choice to reject our role in that process in Sept 2014 and go our own way, we voted to stick with it by a good margin. Edited by RedRob72

We vote as a union, for the UK government we elect. We had the choice to reject our role in that process in Sept 2014 and go our own way, we voted to stick with it by a good margin.

We don't vote as "a union". That would imply equality (as when the European Union goes to the polls to elect representatives of nations with an equal say in matters). We vote as a single nation state which does not even recognise the former states within it: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I wonder how stable that margin will get with the increasing prospect of Conservative governments (with Prime Minister Boris or Gideon at the helm) in perpetuity and Scotland's full complement of MPs locked out of government unless we return Tories. At some point I suspect enough Scots will look at every other nation around the world and think "why the hell do we let our much larger neighbour elect parties we reject to govern us and take it like bitches because of an antiquated form of union that has seen us incorporated into a different state"?

Edited by Antlion

We don't vote as "a union"; we vote as a single nation state: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I wonder how stable that margin will get with the increasing prospect of Conservative governments (with Prime Minister Boris or Gideon at the helm) in perpetuity and Scotland's full complement of MPs locked out of government unless we return Tories. At some point I suspect enough Scots will look at every other nation around the world and think "why the hell do we let our much larger neighbour elect parties we reject to govern us and take it like bitches because of an antiquated form of union that has seen us incorporated into a different state"?

Don't hold your breath, the SNP will get another 5 years at least to strengthen the No vote.

We vote as individuals, for constituency MP's in a United Kingdom parliament. Scotland, England, Wales, it doesn't really matter. My vote is worth the same as my best mates in Eyemouth.