Question Time

Elixir

Osborne is averaging a budget every 3 months and his projections have been 18 billion out since December. He has missed every single target he set himself, the deficit was supposed to be gone by 2015 now they boast it's been cut by a third and will be gone by 2020. Talk about back of a fag packet.

You might even call it an £18 billion black hole, since december, that's on top of the £80 billion black hole the uk has anyway.Y

Edited by Peppino Impastato

It's such a shame that you allow the right wing media to spoonfeed you so transparently.

Try using your own thoughts. It's incredibly liberating.

It's Sturgeons job to convince the majority of the Scottish electorate otherwise. I'm just saying she's still some way to go that's all. Osbourne has clearly got some things right and some things wrong, but the choice (yours and mine) is an informed decision? You either believe he's managed to dig us out of this mess or contributed to making things worse. The Nats stamping their feet because many of us refuse to roll over and accept a blind call, won't change anything, believe me.

Nichola struggled like f*ck yesterday when Andrew Neil refused to accept her vague explanation on managing the deficit. It was easy for him to keep pressing the point because she couldn't answer it, other than claiming the approach to managing the spend/budget gap would be the same as the UK government well worn path!!??

It's Sturgeons job to convince the majority of the Scottish electorate otherwise. I'm just saying she's still some way to go that's all. Osbourne has clearly got some things right and some things wrong, but the choice (yours and mine) is an informed decision? You either believe he's managed to dig us out of this mess or contributed to making things worse. The Nats stamping their feet because many of us refuse to roll over and accept a blind call, won't change anything, believe me.

Nichola struggled like f*ck yesterday when Andrew Neil refused to accept her vague explanation on managing the deficit. It was easy for him to keep pressing the point because she couldn't answer it, other than claiming the approach to managing the spend/budget gap would be the same as the UK government well worn path!!??

No she didn't. Even the Record gave it as a score draw.

The other reason this independence exercise is a masterstroke is that apart from ad lib everyone who voted yes will be voting yes again. Now you ask the waverers what they would do differently and they persuade themselves yes is possible.

The other reason this independence exercise is a masterstroke is that apart from ad lib everyone who voted yes will be voting yes again. Now you ask the waverers what they would do differently and they persuade themselves yes is possible.

Good call :thumsup2

It seemed utterly incredible that Neil would demand a "thank you" from Sturgeon about Westminster sending her money. She should have explained she was still waiting on Scotland getting a thank you for the billions of oil and tax revenue that were taken from Scotland to the benefit of the UK over decades.

I would also like to see this annoying refrain that Sturgeon is pursuing independence *despite* Scotland's current financial position turned on its head by the SNP. She is pursuing it *because* of Scotland's current financial system and the many decades of London-rule (by parties often rejected in Scotland) which have produced it.

I notice The SUN has dropped its butt licking of the SNP lately and is criticising it a lot.Usefulness over for Rupert i presume.

They've nothing to offer in the fight to rid England of Johnny Foreigner.

Pursue a continuing line of austerity or raise taxes? She had the perfect opportunity to offer an alternative (after declining both) but couldn't manage it.

Pursue a continuing line of austerity or raise taxes? She had the perfect opportunity to offer an alternative (after declining both) but couldn't manage it.

That's a bit skewed. She was told to choose one and interrupted every single time she tried to point out the figures / choices offered were baloney. It was cake or death, childish and pretty disrespectful.

I've bet the only other person Neil has grilled so hard this week was the poor waiter that didn't bring him enough chips.

That's a bit skewed. She was told to choose one and interrupted every single time she tried to point out the figures / choices offered were baloney. It was cake or death, childish and pretty disrespectful.

I've bet the only other person Neil has grilled so hard this week was the poor waiter that didn't bring him enough chips.

I don't think it was disrespectful at all, it's a fundamental question on our future finances and she couldn't answer it. I'm not having a go, despite being on the other side of the fence, I think she's an honest and principled leader, a rarity in modern UK politics.

I don't think it was disrespectful at all, it's a fundamental question on our future finances and she couldn't answer it. I'm not having a go, despite being on the other side of the fence, I think she's an honest and principled leader, a rarity in modern UK politics.

It wasn't - it was an entire interview wasted on what would happen in an alternative universe. Sturgeon might as well have stated we'd be sitting pretty on the oil fund the UK government created for us. Because that didn't happen either.

Edited by Antlion

It wasn't - it was an entire interview wasted on what would happen in an alternative universe. Sturgeon might as well have stated we'd be sitting pretty on the oil fund the UK government created for us. Because that didn't happen either.

An alternative universe being an independent Scotland? You just keep banging on about the Oil that has been 'taken' in the meantime mate, give me a shout when you've managed to recover it.

I disagree, but I have yes tinted glasses too. I just don't see the yoon press roasting osbourne et al in the same way. Marr not half an hour before effectively asked Osbourne round for tea and a shot of his wife. It was embarrassing.

An alternative universe being an independent Scotland? You just keep banging on about the Oil that has been 'taken' in the meantime mate, give me a shout when you've managed to recover it.

Indeed. Scotland didn't vote for independence, but you keep pretending that it did and demanding answers on what the government would be doing right this second in an alternate universe.

You comically missed the point: the regionalist questions about what would be happening in an alternative and non-existent iScotland have as much validity as navel-gazing about what we'd currently be spending the non-existent oil fund shrewdly created by your beloved London-based government on.

Funny how you claim one set of hypothetical-based questioning (as expressed by Neil and his "what are you plans for funding next week's independence?") represents a "fundamental question about the future" but the other is just "banging on" about something that didn't happen. The red, white and blue is just pouring out of you.

Edited by Antlion

Indeed. Scotland didn't vote for independence, but you keep pretending that it did and demanding answers on what the government would be doing right this second in an alternate universe.

You comically missed the point: the regionalist questions about what would be happening in an alternative and non-existent iScotland have as much validity as navel-gazing about what we'd currently be spending the non-existent oil fund shrewdly created by your beloved London-based government on.

Funny how you claim one set of hypothetical-based questioning (as expressed by Neil and his "what are you plans for funding next week's independence?") represents a "fundamental question about the future" but the other is just "banging on" about something that didn't happen. The red, white and blue is just pouring out of you.

....and likewise the desperate angry bitterness from you my friend, it oozes out of your every post.

I'll say it again, Sturgeon had every opportunity to outline what the SNP alternative to continuing a programme of tightening public spending or raising taxes. She either didn't want to answer or just couldn't.

....and likewise the desperate angry bitterness from you my friend, it oozes out of your every post.

I'll say it again, Sturgeon had every opportunity to outline what the SNP alternative to continuing a programme of tightening public spending or raising taxes in the event of Scotland becoming independent next week. She either didn't want to answer or just couldn't.

FTFY. Now maybe you can explain how it is in any way a vital question, given that Scotland is not only not becoming independent this month, but is not even holding a referendum on becoming independent at any known date in the future.

I'm afraid the question of how Scotland would deal with this year's finances as a result of becoming independent next week is about as rooted in real life as nuRangers being a continuation of the team that died a few years ago.

FTFY. Now maybe you can explain how it is in any way a vital question, given that Scotland is not only not becoming independent this month, but is not even holding a referendum on becoming independent at any known date in the future.

I'm afraid the question of how Scotland would deal with this year's finances as a result of becoming independent next week is about as rooted in real life as nuRangers being a continuation of the team that died a few years ago.

Nice deflection albeit a tired one. If the question was irrelevant why did she not simply dismiss it? The Question arises again because of the well touted line, If the UK votes out and Scotland votes in there will be a clamour for a 2nd Ref yes? It's a little over 3 months away, surely therefore it's a legitimate challenge right now?