Question Time

Elixir

I stopped watching after about 20 minutes as it was so obviously biased against the SNP that it was almost laughable. BBC stooges in the audience to ask the questions the BBC want asked. Anyone who still believes the BBC were impartial during the referendum campaign/are impartial now really should be kept away from all sharp objects

Brother, everything is biased against the SNP.

The very fact that some of the "Better Together" campaigners are now vociferously whining about shocking bias and political interventions aimed at skewing the result of the upcoming EU referendum suggests that they were aware of the same thing (albeit in their favour) happening during the Scottish referendum campaign. They suddenly cry foul over things in which they were engaged only a couple of years ago. Their complaints are virtually identical to those made by the "Yes Scotland" side, which they then scornfully - if disingenuously - dismissed.

Absolutely, some of the comments from gove and Duncan Smith have been hilarious, it's either a total lack of self awareness or they know a supine media will never pick them up on it. And these are not stupid people, mendacious lying shitebags but not stupid.

I never watch it on the night.

I go on tae the Iplayer and watch the recording.

That way I can fast forward tae the guid bits.

How do you know when/where to fast forward tae the guid bits Willie? I must have missed em all last night and I watched the whole thing!?

A swing and a miss only in your head, sunshine.

It's not conspiracy when the facts are laid out in front of you in glorious HD.  Do you truly believe that QT last night was representative of the people of Dundee?

The audience isn't supposed to be representative of the people of Dundee. The reason they weren't all people who pronounce pie as peh was a really obvious one: Dundee is an hour's drive from almost every major population centre in Scotland so political enthusiasts would almost all apply to be on QT if it was held there.

If you genuinely think QT last night was fair and balanced, you're beyond both help and parody.

It isn't QTs job to be fair or balanced. I will admit that there weren't too many pro SNP audience members but there you go. Half the country don't vote SNP.

How do you know when/where to fast forward tae the guid bits Willie? I must have missed em all last night and I watched the whole thing!?

I'm no sure but I usually fast forward a wee bit, listen, then say ffs then ff another wee bit and repeat.

Fwiw I've no watched last nights performance yet.

Erm that is kind of the whole point of having it different places in the first place champ. I'm glad you acknowledge it wasn't though.

No, the point of having it in different places is:

1. So that David Dimbleby can have a nice meal out afterwards with the panelists at a different restaurant every time (I know one of his senior staff)

2. To introduce variety to the views and questions asked

Variety is not the same as balance or representatives. Otherwise last night's panel would have had eight extra Nats, 3 extra Labourites and 2 extra Tories.

No, the point of having it in different places is:1. So that David Dimbleby can have a nice meal out afterwards with the panelists at a different restaurant every time (I know one of his senior staff)2. To introduce variety to the views and questions askedVariety is not the same as balance or representatives. Otherwise last night's panel would have had eight extra Nats, 3 extra Labourites and 2 extra Tories.

Yeah sure. Even you know you're talking shite now.

The audience isn't supposed to be representative of the people of Dundee. The reason they weren't all people who pronounce pie as peh was a really obvious one: Dundee is an hour's drive from almost every major population centre in Scotland so political enthusiasts would almost all apply to be on QT if it was held there.

From AA route planner: Dundee to top 20 major population centres in Scotland...

1. Glasgow 1 hour 33 minutes

2. Edinburgh 1 hour 24 minutes

3. Aberdeen 1 hour 20 minutes

(4. Dundee)

5. Paisley 1 hour 47 minutes

6. East Kilbride 1 hour 42 minutes

7. Livingston 1 hour 15 minutes

8. Hamilton 1 hour 39 minutes

9. Cumbernauld 1 hour 18 minutes

10. Dunfermline 1 hour 0 minutes

11. Kirkcaldy 47 minutes

12. Ayr 2 hours 14 minutes

13. Perth 35 minutes

14. Inverness 2 hours 45 minutes

15. Kilmarnock 1 hour 58 minutes

16. Coatbridge 1 hour 33 minutes

17. Greenock 2 hours 5 minutes

18. Glenrothes 36 minutes

19. Airdrie 1 hour 29 minutes

20. Stirling 1 hour 7 minutes

Do you just not think, Libby, or are these lies deliberate?